AR - Marcellus Johnson, 3, dies in hot day care van, Little Rock, 6 June 2005

lady-eowyn

Reaction score
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A 3-year-old boy died after being left in a day-care van for hours while the temperature was in the 90s, and the driver was charged with manslaughter, police said Tuesday.

Marcellus Johnson, was to have been dropped off at his home in Little Rock around 3 p.m. Monday, but van driver Rancocas Foreman skipped the boy's stop, went home and parked and locked the van before leaving for his second job, authorities said.

Marcellus' parents called police after 8 p.m., and around the same time Foreman remembered the boy, went home to check the van and found Marcellus' body, police spokesman Sgt. Terry Hastings said.

While officers were investigating at the Child Care Center of Arkansas, Foreman arrived and told police "he knows where the child is and the child is not OK," Hastings said.

http://start.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20050607/42a51bc0_3ca6_1552620050607319930130

:(

I just don't understand how so many hours could pass by before the family called the police.

golfmom said:
I just don't understand how so many hours could pass by before the family called the police.
I know! Poor child may have been saved.

It's horrendous to think this has happened yet again to some poor child.

I, too, wonder why it took five hours for someone to miss that child.

A tragedy all around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back