Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
This may sound cruel but I wish people would stop sending money. I dont believe any facility will continue for eons without any funds. If nothing else maybe THEY will finally realize this is fruitless. They could be helping some poor soul who is alive and has no funds. I hate to say this but this is a waste. Her mother should take her home and arrange care for her. A persons own thoughts and beliefs are theirs as they should be, dont expect other people to pay for a lost cause. Her mom already sounds as though she needs mental help herself. I cant believe any facility is doing this totally free. IMO. I still have the feeling she is at home right now. Has anyone ever tried to follow the mom? not to barge in on someone but just get an idea where Jahi is. Does anyone come and go at home? Who runs their house? I wish I lived close. I dont. I believe we go to another life in Heaven when we die. My son has been seen in our house since passing. I do not expect everyone else to share my feelings , donations not needed.:floorlaugh: :loveyou:

I (almost) got away with it.... season 7.. the fourth episode...June 2nd... Jahi's uncle.

(Post from Burbqueen on last thread, #8)

My husband died on 04/24/14. He was 27 and brain dead. It was cruel to watch him hooked up to machines and just a lifeless shell. It broke my heart in a thousand pieces.

------------------------

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

My husband died on 04/24/14. He was 27 and brain dead. It was cruel to watch him hooked up to machines and just a lifeless shell. It broke my heart in a thousand pieces.

------------------------

I will second that Opie.

Burbqueen, I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

JMO

Soi sad that this is still going on. Jahi should have been laid to rest long ago. As it is, she is just wasting away, she is certainly not "blossoming into a teenager" as her mother claims.

This may sound cruel but I wish people would stop sending money. I dont believe any facility will continue for eons without any funds. If nothing else maybe THEY will finally realize this is fruitless. They could be helping some poor soul who is alive and has no funds. I hate to say this but this is a waste. Her mother should take her home and arrange care for her. A persons own thoughts and beliefs are theirs as they should be, dont expect other people to pay for a lost cause. Her mom already sounds as though she needs mental help herself. I cant believe any facility is doing this totally free. IMO. I still have the feeling she is at home right now. Has anyone ever tried to follow the mom? not to barge in on someone but just get an idea where Jahi is. Does anyone come and go at home? Who runs their house? I wish I lived close. I dont. I believe we go to another life in Heaven when we die. My son has been seen in our house since passing. I do not expect everyone else to share my feelings , donations not needed.:floorlaugh: :loveyou:
:loveyou: I just luv you!

Soi sad that this is still going on. Jahi should have been laid to rest long ago. As it is, she is just wasting away, she is certainly not "blossoming into a teenager" as her mother claims.

Agreed there is much delusion surrounding this child.

------------------------

wait..who lost a loved one?
Opie or burpqueen?

I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

Sorry, I was not clear. Burbqueen posted that on the last thread and I was trying to bring it over here.

Burbqueen I am so so sorry !

Who here has read the crowdsourcing page for Jahi? It got updated a month ago but I found no mention of it on the previous thread

She claimed that she was locked out of the account and apologized, then went on to say that Jahi is moving so much she needs pillows and her skin and hair is flawless now that she has a feeding tube. Also that she responds to pain, cold, and touch. Also that all her organs are healthy and fully functional (Which, if you read the court documents about the lining of her stomach sloughing off, we know that's not true).

As of three days ago they were still getting donations. If she's gotten the trach and has been moved to the hospice care then why is the crowdsourcing account still open and collecting? That's not right, imo.

You can't open an account for something, then say "OH! NEVERMIND!" And do that thing without any of the money from the account. Yet keep that account still running.

That HAS to be a violation of their terms and conditions...

Latest update on Jahi's physical condition and care from the "Keep Jahi McMath on Life Support" Facebook page.

Dated May 24, 2014:

...Jahi survived and is doing very well.

Nailah stated on her last update that Jahi is still asleep but physically stable, no pic lines, no catheters, no I.V, she maintains all her vitals on her own, no medicines needed. Jahi is given lots of vitamins and fish oil through her feeding tube. She moves around so much that pillows are put around her bed. She responds to pain, cold and touch. Jahi can turn her head from left to right and her ventilator is set to room air temperature so she is not getting any extra oxygen like she was before. Jahis skin is flawless and she gets a manicure and pedicure every week, done by Nailah. Jahi gets physical therapy three times a week and never has a stiff joint, all organs are healthy and fully functional. Jahi is such a fighter. Remember she didnt get any nutrition for 28 days from the other hospital and she recovered from that quickly.

Nailah makes Jahi aware everyday about all the love and support she has been receiving from people all over the world.

https://www.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport

"... all organs are healthy and fully functional ..."

Oh ... uh ... er ... well ... except one.

Latest update on Jahi's physical condition and care from the "Keep Jahi McMath on Life Support" Facebook page.

Dated May 24, 2014:

https://www.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport

Non medical person here. Were things omitted? Because I'm reading/interpreting she is being fed (through a tube directly to her stomach?) and she is on a ventilator with room air. So they are feeding her and helping her breathe. If they turn off the ventilator she is unable to breathe on her own correct?
And from the information released it all appears rosy. She's moving, feeling physical contact, getting better. So why don't they release photos of her? Would releasing photos show a little girl that is not getting better? < this is why I think they are not being truthful about her condition. This is also why I think it money, celebrity, is the focus now. Please correct me if I'm wrong- why else would they not release photos of how she is improving?
I don't like that continue to deceive good hearted people. JMO

If ventilator is turned off, her heart will stop beating because she is brain dead. She can not swallow either so she is being fed through the feeding tube. If her skin is flawless and she is looking great, I also fail to see why they haven't released some photos of her (except a few photos of her hand). Schiavo's relatives had released both photos and videos of her.

It's been a while since I let this one get to me, but once again I find myself outraged that they are doubtless confusing lots of uneducated but well-meaning people, who previously didn't have reason to question the fact that "brain dead" meant the person was gone.

Now they think it just means "asleep". This is absolutely shameful. I can't think of a more selfish, heartless thing to do to people, especially kids, who may one day face the same situation with their own loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie