CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
7 Dead in Drive-by Shooting Near UC Santa Barbara
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. May 24, 2014 (AP)

A gunman went on a drive-by shooting rampage in a Santa Barbara student enclave and at least seven people were killed, including the attacker, authorities said.
Investigators believe a gunman driving a black BMW acted alone in the shootings late Friday night near the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites in the town, resulting in nine crime scenes.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dead-drive-shooting-uc-santa-barbara-23853689

Link to Media thread: CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara shooting - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

he made a youtube video before doing this,is it okay to post it?

Someone posted the suspects name, and a youtube video. If you go to YouTube and type in Retribution, it will show a pic of video and suspect but I can't get it to play. What a senseless tragedy.

I live about an hour and a half from Santa Barbara, woke up to this awful news this morning. I watched part of the YouTube video uploaded by the suspect the day before the shooting, but had to stop after two minutes, because it repulsed me.

Since LE has not yet confirmed the identity of the suspect, I don't think I can post his name or a link to the video yet...?

Multiple witnesses reported seeing two men in the car, but LE is not confirming that. They are saying they believe the driver acted alone.

Here's an article from SB's local news station, KEYT. They interviewed a couple of witnesses, including a girl who was shot at and escaped:
http://www.keyt.com/news/shooting-in-isla-vista/26152454

From the article:
"One woman identified as Sierra told Sanchez she was approached by two men in a black BMW. The driver flashed a small black handgun and asked '"Hey, what's up?"'

Sierra, who was visibly shaken, said she thought it was an airsoft gun and kept walking. She said seconds later, she felt something buzz by her head and quickly realized they were bullets. Three or four of them.

Sierra said she ran into a nearby home filled with strangers and explained what happened. She looked down and saw her iPhone had been shattered.
"

I'm asking Admin if it's okay to post the video.

I just read his dad is the assistant director of the hunger games.....

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH...There's already fan pages on FB for him. :banghead:

The video is okay to stand since he is named and the video is mentioned in this article.

7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara

In what authorities are calling "the work of a madman," a gunman went on a drive-by shooting rampage in a Santa Barbara student enclave that left at least seven people dead, including the attacker, and seven others wounded.

In the YouTube video, titled "Elliot Rodger's retribution," a young man sitting behind the wheel of a car with tinted windows parked in front of palm trees, talks of "loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires," and blames women for throwing themselves at "obnoxious brutes" but rejecting him, "the supreme gentlemen."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/24/shooting-california-santa-barbara/9532405/

Just horrific

Gunman, six others killed in drive-by shooting, Santa Barbara police say
Published May 24, 2014 FoxNews.com
A crazed gunman went on a shooting rampage in a popular Santa Barbara student enclave, killing six people and wounding seven others before being found dead in his car, in what authorities said was a “premeditated mass murder.”

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said early Saturday that written and videotaped preliminary evidence indicates that this was a "premeditated mass murder," and called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed."

Brown said that investigators were familiar with a YouTube video titled "Retribution" and were looking into whether the person in the video was linked to the killings, KEYT-TV reported on its website.
7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara
Adolfo Flores
Los Angeles Times
May 24, 2014

The man believed to be the shooter was found dead inside his vehicle with a gunshot wound after engaging in two separate gunfights with deputies, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s office said. It’s unknown if the gunshot was self-inflicted or if the suspect was shot by authorities.
It was chaotic and there's a lot of rumors flying around. - Nikolaus Becker, witness

The deadly shooting spree started at 9:27 p.m. in Isla Vista. As deputies were tending to the injured in the first round of shootings, reports of gunfire in several other areas of the college community were reported.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-barbara-deadly-shooting-20140524-story.html
'I will punish all of you': Seven dead after 22-year-old student goes on shooting rampage because women rebuffed his advances
By Associated Press and Alex Greig
Published: 05:57 EST, 24 May 2014 - Updated: 08:27 EST, 24 May 2014

Brown said the suspect exchanged gunfire with deputies and then drove off and crashed into a parked car.

'We have obtained and are currently analyzing both written and videotaped evidence that suggests this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder,' Brown said.

Rodger is thought to be the son of Peter Rodger, assistant director of the Hollywood film franchise The Hunger Games.

Authorities are examining a video posted on social media by the shooter in which he rants about women who supposedly rejected his advances.

The video is called 'Elliot Rodger's Retribution.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-near-UC-Santa-Barbara.html#ixzz32dsOiadV

I just watched the youtube video.. this is so messed up.

Very horrible crime in Santa Barbara.

I saw the video and it reminds of Seung-Hui Cho's video. Both feel everyone else has it good, but them. They are consumed by rage and are ready to lash out. I would not be surprised if Elliot Rodger is an injustice collector as it fits the characteristic of a rampage killer like Cho, Adam Lanza, or Aaron Alexis.

However, the way Rodger talk is different from Cho. Cho clearly shows anger in his voice, while Rodger is calmer, but you can hear anger in his voice.

Wow!

I just read about this horrific killing spree...

and watched the killer's "Retribution" video...

I am very curious as to past criminal actions...

JMO

I going to guess that he was a weirdo and a jerk and that's what turned the girls off.

Very horrible crime in Santa Barbara.

I saw the video and it reminds of Seung-Hui Cho's video. Both feel everyone else has it good, but them. They are consumed by rage and are ready to lash out. I would not be surprised if Elliot Rodger is an injustice collector as it fits the characteristic of a rampage killer like Cho, Adam Lanza, or Aaron Alexis.

However, the way Rodgers talk is different from Cho. Cho clearly shows anger in his voice, while Rodger is calmer, but you can hear anger in his voice.

I was finally able to watch the longer video from his car. I totally got a different "feeling" from the video. Although what he did to all these innocent victims is evil, I got the feeling in the video, he was forcing himself to come off as evil as possible. His laugh, every laugh he did, came off to me as totally forced, phony( trying to hard to sound evil). It's hard to explain. Hope no one takes offense to my opinion of the video:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy