Misc. Links of interest. NOT MEDIA

Today, 12:28 PM
tiffany
Registered User Join Date: May 2005

Janets Funeral Video

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been debating on if I should put this link on here or not...but I feel that it would give you a better understanding of the type of person Janet was. She was a great person, great mother, and great friend to those around her. This video was made by one of their friends and played at her memorial service in Buena Vista.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jvaisey/

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/

Just this week there was news out of North Carolina that a murdered young mother from Durham, Janet Abaroa, about whom I've written here, at length, was pregnant when she was murdered. Though suspicion about her husband Raven is very high among the amateur cybersleuths following that case and Durham PD has very carefully hinted at the same on their parts, Raven Abaroa has yet to be named a suspect there. Also in the news lately is the missing persons case of Amanda Jones, a single mom like Latoyia Figueroa when she vanished in Missouri last Sunday.

Many who suspect Raven Abaroa in Janet's murder see a very similar, and perhaps more flashy, personality in that man -- an overgrown and self-centered boy who saw the responsibility of a second child looming and realized his love of cars and boy-toys was going to have to be heavily curtailed if he were to be a responsible Dad to two children and a faithful husband, to boot. ..........

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2006/11/of-janet-abaroa-and-michelle-young-and.html

11/2/06 by True Crime Weblog Admin (Steve Huff)

Of Janet Abaroa and Michelle Young, and Murder

Over a year ago in Durham, North Carolina, a pregnant young mother was murdered in her home. And while the murder of Janet Abaroa remains unsolved, I don’t think I’d call it a high-profile crime. A mention here and there on cable news, regular updates on the lack of progress in the case in the local Durham media… and some very dedicated people discussing the case online.

Yet Janet’s case seems, sadly, to fade a little each day. This report by WRAL TV out of Raleigh published earlier tonight is encouraging, but it is the first article of its kind in quite some time. Hopefully it means I’ll have reason to do a full update on Janet’s case soon.

Why one murder in a region is seized upon by certain national media outlets (link goes to one example of many of a high-profile cable news show that covers such crimes) and another is not will always remain, to some degree, a mystery to me (note to readers: please don’t try and explain it in the comments below. I know the usual reasons. That doesn’t mean it makes sense).

Janet was already a mother to a baby boy, who was asleep in a room nearby when she was murdered. She was pregnant when she was murdered. Janet’s good-looking, athletic husband Raven Abaroa was out of the house when she was murdered, allegedly, therefore seemed to have an alibi.

But Raven, as you will see if you read the archived entries from my past blogging about this crime, has never sat well with people wondering what happened to his wife. Perhaps he’s been guilty of just not being particularly likeable. Of being obviously narcissistic and materialistic, therefore reminding people who talk crime online and off of other husbands whose wives met similar fates, like Scott Peterson.

Or, worst-case scenario, Raven killed his wife and is getting away with murder right now, partying out in Utah, where he was originally from. And he has custody of his and Janet’s son.

In Raleigh, North Carolina, a case with very similar outlines is starting to play out in the news.

A pregnant mother was murdered, her toddler daughter in the house. The 29-year-old woman’s husband was out of town, across the state in Brevard, NC, where he is originally from.

This murdered young mother was found by her younger sister.

I’m writing about Michelle Marie Fisher Young, who was found in her home near Lake Wheeler in Wake County, NC.

.........................snip.......................

Husbands who kill their wives either make them disappear, make it look like robbery, or sometimes try to make the slaying look like a sex crime — and the signal that the killer wasn’t after anything but death is often that there wasn’t any sex after all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back