AL AL - Charles 'Bubba' Jackson, 33, Mobile, 23 May 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
15080062-large_zpsc5f036c6.jpg

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/05/mobile_man_texted_help_before.html

Police are asking for the public's help locating a man whose last known communication with family and friends was a text message which said "help."

Charles "Bubba" Jackson, 33, was last heard from on May 23. He is 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. He has tattos on his both arms, one which reads "Laugh Now," and the other, "Cry Later." He also has the number 13 tattooed on his right wrist and flames on his left arm...

On May 23, Jackson was walking from around the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to meet his girlfriend in Citronelle. He never made it, said MPD spokesman Officer Terence Perkins. He has not used his phone or been seen since he sent the message asking for help on May 23.

What kind of terrain is it he was walking in? Could he have fallen into ... water, a shaft, a sinkhole ... ?? And how far was he planning on walking? How far is it from the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to Citronelle?

What kind of terrain is it he was walking in? Could he have fallen into ... water, a shaft, a sinkhole ... ?? And how far was he planning on walking? How far is it from the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to Citronelle?

Oh, wow, I just looked on Google Maps and it's about 30 miles from that intersection to Citronelle. What would compel a person to try to walk that far?

Depends on what route he took. Most likely pavement.

That seems like a long walk to me. Its a decent area at Moffett and Schillinger, its in the Semmes city limits, but there are bad areas to the North, South and West.

Citronelle is due north of that intersection.

Screenshot2014-05-30at82709PM_zps0eaa00a6.png

30 miles is far indeed! He'd have walked all day. Maybe he intended to catch a bus or train?

He probably planned on getting a ride once he got started. He had a phone, he probably was mad and just wanted to get out of the house and not wait around on a ride so he figured he would just head that way and when a ride was available he just would be that much closer. I keep thinking hit and run. Has anyone been able to discern what time he sent that text because it wouldn't be too difficult to figure out about where he was when he sent it if we knew what time it was sent.

actually I just found the information. His last text was saying "help" was at 5:38 pm. That is about 4 hours in from when he was last seen. That would put him about 12 miles along the route he took if he was traveling at the average walking speed of 3. Mph

actually I just found the information. His last text was saying "help" was at 5:38 pm.

I was thinking maybe it was dark when he sent the help text but no, it would have been light for 2 more hours! Whatever happened he didn't have time to text more than 4 letters. Surely he wasn't doing this as a hoax. Still trying to find info on him but there isn't much. Any info on time he left the house?

I was thinking maybe it was dark when he sent the help text but no, it would have been light for 2 more hours! Whatever happened he didn't have time to text more than 4 letters. Surely he wasn't doing this as a hoax. Still trying to find info on him but there isn't much. Any info on time he left the house?

I just found some new information. He said he was going to take 158 to hwy 45 and he was last seen walking on 158 toward Schillingers Road at 1:40 pm, the text was sent at 5:38pm so that is just at 4 hours instead of 6 hours. So he should've been about 12 miles into the route at the time of text. I'll post a map showing that area.

This news report says he left home at 11:30 am, but apparently he was last seen on hwy 158 at 1:40.

The map that I posted is based on the last seen at 1:40 and the 5:38 pm text.

http://www.local15tv.com/shared/new...mi_mpd-missing-man-sent-help-text-11540.shtml

So based on the route he said he was taking and the time he sent the text he should've been right around here, 12 miles in. If he was traveling at the average walking speed of 3.mps

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mof...9dc6268!2m2!1d-88.2255468!2d30.762407!1m0!3e2

Oh, my! Thanks for those great maps! A lot of truckers and vehicles could have picked him up along the way! Wonder if he ever hitchhiked? The first map ends right at a Walmart parking lot. He texted, "help". Wonder if he hitched a ride and someone took him off the beaten path?? Scary because this was broad daylight!

Oh, my! Thanks for those great maps! A lot of truckers and vehicles could have picked him up along the way! Wonder if he ever hitchhiked? The first map ends right at a Walmart parking lot. He texted, "help". Wonder if he hitched a ride and someone took him off the beaten path?? Scary because this was broad daylight!

Yeah it is, but maybe there is some camera footage.

Oh, well, actually the walmart is the starting location. The Wal Mart is located at Moffett and Schillingers Rd. I just took him 4 hours into the route he said he was taking from that location. But now I'm second guessing myself. If he left home at 11:30, and was seen on hwy 158 at 1:40, then, I'm wrong aren't I? Shouldn't these maps be for 6 hours into the route if he sent the text at 5:38pm? I think so. I'll the 6 hours map as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back