question on lamp

smile22

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
hi everyone hope everyone is enjoying this nice summer weather. i have this southern Belle Depression Glass lamp with Blue fired on color. it was my great grandmothers and i have had it since i was a little girl. i was looking at the lamp recently and wanted to see if i could find out who made it. i did some research online not knowing what the lamp was and found mine but in pink, the discription on the lamp said that the jeanette glass co made the lamp in the 30s and 40s. i did some research and found only plates bowels cups and such. on jeanette glass no lamps. i have a link on the lamp does anyone own any of these lamps or knows what the value of these lamps might be i have seen them online from about 15-99 my lamp is in execllent condition on scraps scrapes. chips, looks like it was when it was bought those many many years ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4056&item=6185111509&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
this picure and link are from ebay the lamp is almost the same except the for the little silver thing on top mine is blue

any help would be apreicated i went to the national aprasers website but there are no listing in my state of ct

it does i found this one as well similar to mine. they have ranged online from 16-230$. my question is does anyone know its real value or what depression glass goes for now adays.? some people dont always know the value of a item and often sell it for less to get rid of it.

smile22 said:
it does i found this one as well similar to mine. they have ranged online from 16-230$. my question is does anyone know its real value or what depression glass goes for now adays.? some people dont always know the value of a item and often sell it for less to get rid of it.

I checked the completed listings on Ebay for this lamp...

I found 2 listed at 39.99 - neither sold. Search ebay for southern belle lamp...
Looks like ebay doesn't have much of a demand...
That listing is still up I beleive, but you might try listing in a different category, or If I were you, I would go on an all out mission trying to figure out WHICH GLASS company made it- that way you can list in with the manu. name in the title, which pulls collectors. However, if the site listed above doesn't know of the maker, chances are, it will be a hefty task...

no i dont want to sell the lamp i want to know the value of it

smile22 said:
no i dont want to sell the lamp i want to know the value of it

Well, then the value to you could be impossible to determine. As far as "how much it will sell for" and "where it will sell", does that translate to value? Is there "sentimentality" in the lamp? If so, it could be invaluable...

If antique houses (like the link here) are selling if for a certain amount, you can be almost certain they paid significantly less.

Is money the only indicator of value? Certainly not...
So, in summary, only you know the value of the lamp if you are not looking at it from a monetary perspective...
LOL

whenever I would ask my daddy (collector of very old relics) how much value a piece might have, he'd always say, "things are only worth what someone is willing to pay." :)

Just to Let you no some tip! You can go to your local liabrary in your area and look for books in that topic or ebay has books on that topic as well! I sell on ebay have for long time! You actually do better selling things like this at a local antique shop, dont sell to them but get a booth after you collect more antiques good way is to get it from a place like ebay or garage ,thrift stores etc. Some people dont no what they are looking at! I have sold & bought on ebay and never have gotten ripped off either like most say, so does my husband! It helps making ends meet! Also if someone is looking for something or wants something post and I will see If I have it! Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back