Possible CAB / LIMOUSINES connection to the LISK / SG case

minazoe

Reaction score
Could the calls be coming from just outside the station? From a taxi waiting for fares?

Could the calls be coming from just outside the station? From a taxi waiting for fares?

If the calls were made from someone walking on the street, with the large number of calls with John Terry n Melissa's sister, you would think police would be able to pick out the SK on foot. So it makes more sense that he is not on foot but in a car. And if he was in a car, the police would be able to find the license plate right? But if the SK was driving or riding in a taxi...it would be a lot harder to pick out.

Don't forget Terry said the SK sounded drunk...this is a big clue

If the calls were made from someone walking on the street, with the large number of calls with John Terry n Melissa's sister, you would think police would be able to pick out the SK on foot. So it makes more sense that he is not on foot but in a car. And if he was in a car, the police would be able to find the license plate right? But if the SK was driving or riding in a taxi...it would be a lot harder to pick out.

Don't forget Terry said the SK sounded drunk...this is a big clue

Yeah but the phone calls were made from time square and madison garden so I think there were to many people on their cell phones to tell.

What would be interesting is what MB's sister and John Terry heard in the background of the phone call.

I personally lean towards him being in a car just cause I'm sure he wouldnt want anyone over hearing him being creepy and saying he just killed someones sister.

Further, I bet a lot of cabbies get propositioned by working girls ( I hate the term but I also hate all the others) .they have cash and no particular schedule...they also have a car and will prob take you where ever you want to go...so you pull over...you can maybe even trade for a ride...

I can see it going down like this....how easy...cops are out looking for johns..

PS redbird i think cabs are pretty relevant to this topic as massapequa cabs operate heavily in that stretch between best western & budget inn on sunrise highway right where MB's phone was pinging

As it stands now, the title of this thread addresses at the very least three topics.

The man, CS, who apparently was the person who erazed the May 1, 2010 surveillance tapes from Oak Beach (the night Shannan Gilbert disappeared), was listed to a phonenumber connected to "L<modsnip> LUXURY LIMOUSINES INC"

"L<modsnip> LUXURY LIMOUSINES INC" was also connected to two persons (The two persons family related) with the initials PL and RL.

The same phonenumber was connected to:

<modsnip> Limousine
XX Greenmeadow Dr
Babylon, NY 11702

And also the same phonenumber was connected to...

<modsnip> Laundromat Consultants In C
XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

And this same above address:

XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

was connected to:

LONG ISLAND <modsnip> INC by ME

Wheter any of this has any siginficance to the LISK case or Shannan Gilbert case, I don't know...

Please know that concerning the person with initials: CS

If anyone reseach CS know that there are TWO different CS both born in 1948.
the CS with an address at Oak beach is born in July and have middle name starting witha &#8220;B&#8221;

The other one,a shopping center and office developer, is born April 1948 with middle name starting with &#8220;R&#8221;.

CBS&#8217;s address in Oak Beach seem to be on a road called : The Narrows

whoa I didn't know that there was an actual cabbie of interest. I have always felt this could possibly be a cabbie or someone pretending to be one long enough to get the girls.
I've only thought this because it would make sense as to how MW went missing, same with MBB, and as far as I'm concerned MB as well.

I think it makes sense that the police would speak to cabbies located at the train stations any of girls would exit. They may even show pictures to the drivers and ask if any of the girls look familiar? If a driver said yes the police would ask if they remember where they drove them. I dont think it would have gone beyond that.

very good work forei....so CS has a possible connection to cabs/limos and maybe cherri bombs

very good work forei....so CS has a possible connection to cabs/limos and maybe cherri bombs

cabs/limos, yes it seems that way, Cherri Bombs ? I have no idea whether CS has any connection to Cherri Bombs.

The same phonenumber was connected to:

<modsnip> Limousine
XX Greenmeadow Dr
Babylon, NY 11702

And also the same phonenumber was connected to...

XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

And this same above address:

XX Oak Beach Rd
Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

was connected to:

LONG ISLAND <modsnip>, INC by ME

*I couldn't figure how to copy & paste the Directory Listing Results for the # 631-587-0000 but might be best to check at this link directly as I don't know if it may be against TOS. But you will see the names & addresses of those who have had this number over the past decade.

I called the number asking if it was connected to any of these businesses or the L<modsnip> name. The guy was annoyed & asked if a GOOGLE search was behind it all. He said he's been suddenly getting calls asking questions that don't pertain to him & doesn't know of any of the businesses or names mentioned & that he has a boat business.

http://okcaller.com/detail.php?number=6315870000

The listings to the left includes (when shown) the full contact name, as well as street address, registered to 631-587-0000.*

To search for another contact, just type a phone number into the search box on the left menu bar.*

If multiple listings are shown for the same number, it may be several individuals who reside at the same address. It may also be variations in spelling of the same individual, or a previous person no longer associated with this number.

As for the Limo/car service - I reviewed Kolker's book in MB's case he says when Amanda would visit she would see the "livery cars" come for Melissa and he says they are black cars...can someone tell us more about the car/taxi services available in NY?

As for the Limo/car service - I reviewed Kolker's book in MB's case he says when Amanda would visit she would see the "livery cars" come for Melissa and he says they are black cars...can someone tell us more about the car/taxi services available in NY?

Normally Lincoln Town Cars are used for the livery businesses in the Metro NY area which includes LI. Many bridal shops, catering halls, language schools, businesses and the such contract with livery service companies making them available for their clients. They normally begin at $150 for a one-way ride to a destination within about 25 miles. The price goes up as the distance lengthens. Any number of variations can be priced, such as round trip with waiting time at the location driven to. When customers are driven into NYC, drivers cannot park curbside to wait for their customer to return to the car. Usually, the driver finds a garage or parking lot where they may pay a fee so they can wait rather than drive around wasting gas. JFK now has a waiting area for livery cars as well as taxi's.

I have had both a livery business of my own and need of another livery business' service to transport my home-stay students upon their arrival to the US from the airport to my home & their departure from my home back to the airport after their language studies have finished.

The cars must be insured with special livery insurance and registered as such which requires a special plate. All livery cars must have a business location as their "base" NOT their home address including if a sole owner.

In many cases, drivers work for a company that supplies them with use of their car. Then there are individuals who buy and insure their own vehicles and offer their services to established businesses such as clubs, event halls, caterers & so on. In some cases, drivers may be retired guys & gals who give their names & numbers to businesses to let them know they available for hire. Livery service is readily available via the internet or calling around town to find the names through these companies. Many people on LI use private livery service to go out, especially if they intend to drink or to the airport rather than using a taxi. It offers them more comfort & "looks" better for their image when getting picked up at their home.

You can hail these cabs in every boro in NYC. Cab companies use them also. She may have called a cab in her neighborhood. The drivers would be familar with the regular customers.

It has been illegal to hail a livery car in any of the 5 boroughs of NYC until a NY court ruled in favor of NYC's attempt to ease access to transportation opening up the possibility of allowing customers to hail a car service other than the NYC medallion taxis. The biggest gripe of NYC customers is that plenty of livery cars pass them but are not allowed to pick them up & the public outcry has led to finding solutions proposed by the former Mayor Bloomberg.

Until 2013, ONLY yellow medallion owned cabs were permitted to pick up fares on the street, while car services are legally limited to prearranged dispatched calls.

If any livery driver picks up a hail they risk a fine & more. Hardly worth the risk as it's much too costly ultimately resulting in losing the license to drive a livery car altogether:

What are the fines for soliciting street hails in the exclusionary zones (downtown Manhattan and the airports)?
$500 for the first violation; $750 for the second violation in 24 months; and revocation for third violation in 120 months.

The rules are tough. I had applied for my TLC license back when I started a livery service & it took 4 tries at getting my fingerprints approved because of my "dishpan hands", they were difficult to process. Finally, one of the board commissioners approved mine personally as she chuckled about the dish pan hands dilemma.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ds-livery-car-law-allowing-borough-hails.html

Street Hails are still NOT ALLOWED BY ANY SERVICE OUTSIDE OF THE YELLOW MEDALLION TAXI & NOW ONLY allowed to be picked up by the new STREET HAIL LIVERY SERVICE as per: Guide to understanding the Street Hail Livery (SHL) Service - Rules and Requirements for the year 2014

"The TLC has created a new permit that allows drivers and owners of livery vehicles to provide street hail service in the neighborhoods outside of the business district of Manhattan. Drivers and vehicle owners that are interested in purchasing a Street Hail Livery Permit (SHL) will have the option of purchasing one of two types of Street Hail Livery Permits."

For current livery car owners/drivers, they can CONVERT to the SHL.

1. Can I use my current TLC livery taxi for this Street Hail Livery (SHL) plan? Yes, however you must have your vehicle converted for the new program.

2. What is the cost to have my vehicle converted? The approximate cost for converting your vehicle to a Street Hail Livery is $2000 - $3000.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/downloads/pdf/shl_guide.pdf

The new STREET HAIL LIVERY car service must be converted to look like one of the following to be easily identifiable to the public & to keep in compliance with the new licensing.

Attachments

• Street hail green taxi.png
    Street hail green taxi.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 49
Our very own Taxi Driver here on websleuths.....so do any cabs or livery cars frequent the hotels in the massapequa area like the best western and budget that were on sunset?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back