Ann B. Davis, Alice from the Brady Bunch has died.

Ann B. Davis, the actress who played Alice Nelson, a housekeeper on “The Brady Bunch,” has died on Sunday morning after falling at her San Antonio home, reports say.

Episcopal Bishop William C. Frey, a close friend of Davis, said she she hit her head and suffered a subdural hematoma during a rough fall in a bathroom on Saturday and never woke up, according to CNN.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...davis-dead-88-article-1.1813382#ixzz33QrnNkrp

Ann B. Davis, the actress who played Alice Nelson, a housekeeper on “The Brady Bunch,” has died on Sunday morning after falling at her San Antonio home, reports say.

Episcopal Bishop William C. Frey, a close friend of Davis, said she she hit her head and suffered a subdural hematoma during a rough fall in a bathroom on Saturday and never woke up, according to CNN.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...davis-dead-88-article-1.1813382#ixzz33QrnNkrp

Ooops! 2 threads, I posted at 5:13 and you posted a minute later....

Thanks Tree....I saw your thread right after I clicked save.....tried to delete mine but for some reason I wasn't able to! FYI I alerted my post/thread so a mod should delete mine or combine both soon.

"Alice Nelson"? Whoever knew Alice had a last name in her character on the brady bunch?

Were there any scenes featuring her outside the kitchen in the Brady home? I do remember she dated Al the butcher, and her statement "too much chocolate makes too much Marsha". RIP Ann Davis.

So funny, treelights!! That is way more information than I'm willing to read about Alice. I got through something about her character went to the same school the brady kids went to and then . .. why in the blazes am I reading about Alice's character??

Funny, though. Thanks.

Awwww....RIP, Allice. :(
She always struck me as a "gentle soul", both on the screen, and off.

So funny, treelights!! That is way more information than I'm willing to read about Alice. I got through something about her character went to the same school the brady kids went to and then . .. why in the blazes am I reading about Alice's character??

Funny, though. Thanks.

Well, you know how it goes here at Websleuths.....
You did ask some questions.... well, I guess, one question...
and you know how we love to look up info!
Even if it is a plethora of useless information. :)
Your post made me smile... :)

Well, you know how it goes here at Websleuths.....
You did ask some questions.... well, I guess, one question...
and you know how we love to look up info!
Even if it is a plethora of useless information. :)
Your post made me smile... :)

I'm so sorry, Treelights, I didn't mean to be rude to you. It was really a cute link. Thank you.

Here's a biography.....

"Emmy Award-winning actress and comedian Ann B. Davis was born on May 3, 1926, in Schenectady, New York. She won Emmys in 1958 and 1959 for her role as "Schultzy" on The Bob Cummings Show, but is best known for her role as the zany but loving housekeeper on the 1970s sitcom The Brady Bunch. Davis retired from show business in 1976 to live in an Episcopal community, now located near San Antonio, Texas. She died at the age of 88 on June 1, 2014."
http://www.biography.com/people/ann-b-davis-21302863#awesm=~oFZcorJPFtUGj7

Awwww.. This news has made me quite sad. You could just tell that she was a kind and beautiful woman, both inside and out.

Rest in peace, Ann. My thoughts are with your friends and family. :rose:

"Alice Nelson"? Whoever knew Alice had a last name in her character on the brady bunch?

Were there any scenes featuring her outside the kitchen in the Brady home? I do remember she dated Al the butcher, and her statement "too much chocolate makes too much Marsha". RIP Ann Davis.

I just saw an old episode where she went with the family to the Grand Canyon.

:eek:verreaction: It was Sam! Sam the butcher. I'm afraid I know way too much about the Brady Bunch. :blushing:

RIP Ann! :rose:

'Brady Bunch' actress dies after fall

Actress had hit her head, according to friend

Author: By Catherine E. Shoichet CNN

Published On: Jun 01 2014 06:31:24 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 02 2014 02:58:03 AM EDT

(CNN) -
Actress Ann B. Davis, an American television legend who held "The Brady Bunch" together in her role as housekeeper Alice Nelson, died Sunday. She was 88.

Bishop William Frey, a close friend of Davis, told CNN the actress died at a hospital in San Antonio, Texas, where she was treated after hitting her head in a fall. The actress suffered a subdural hematoma, he said, and never regained consciousness...

...Actress Florence Henderson, who played mom Carol Brady on the sitcom, said she was devastated to learn of Davis' death Sunday...

...Davis had planned to study medicine at the University of Michigan but caught the acting bug from her brother, who was a dancer in the national company of "Oklahoma," according to a biography of the actress on IMDb.com...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entertainment/-Brady-Bunch-actress-dies-after-fall/26278698

I mainly remember her as Bob Cummings' fawning secretary in Love That Bob.

R.I.P. Ann

She was awesome. Apparently she was a good person and lived a good life.. That is the most important thing.. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back