NC - Malaya Heun, 15 mos, beaten to death, aunt & BF charged, 20 Jan 2014

Camille

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything about this anywhere else on the forum. This is horrendous. From everything that I can find the mother left the child with the child's aunt and her boyfriend while she was at work but there were several broken ribs in various stages of healing so it wasn't the first time that she was abused. How did the mother not know this if she saw the child on a daily basis. :tantrum:

http://www.independenttribune.com/n...cle_a4081af6-ea68-11e3-b241-0017a43b2370.html

more here
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20140223/SP01/140229879/

What a beautiful little girl. She looks so much like my little Bean. How could anyone hurt her?
maya.png

I don't understand why the mother has not been charged with negligence, failure to report those injuries to her child, or abandonment or something. The numerous injuries to this little baby girl were not administered in one day’s time. This horrific abuse had gone on for some time, as evidenced by the autopsy. In addition to the beatings, the tiny broken bones, this poor innocent helpless baby had vaginal and rectal damage. According to a sexual assault nurse, this was one of the worst cases of sexual abuse she had seen. I wonder how these non-human entities kept other people from hearing this baby scream out in pain. Poor, poor little baby. So many ugly violent acts against an infant who deserved, as do all babies, to be loved, cuddled and kissed, well-nourished and kept safe from harm.
A working mom who leaves her child with a caregiver should be deemed legally responsible for assuring the well-being of her child. Where was she during all the time this abuse was occurring? Sorry. I have to admit that I have no pity for this woman, as she failed to provide a safe environment for her young 15-month-old infant. This baby suffered in pain for some time, and died a needless horrible death.
RIP little Malaya

http://www.independenttribune.com/n...cle_babd7ad4-2df2-11e4-ae3c-001a4bcf6878.html

Alisha Nicole Carlisle, 20, of 1368 Meadowcreek Drive, China Grove, is charged with first-degree murder, felony child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, along with John Travis Turner, 30, who faces the same charges...

The cause of death was listed as “septic shock due to complications of inflicted blunt force trauma to the abdomen,” the report read.

Heun had a broken collarbone and numerous broken ribs in various stages of healing, including five fresh fractures, when she was airlifted to CMC-Main Campus in Charlotte, according to the report. Similarly, she had new and healing bruises across her body, including on her face and forehead. She also had bleeding on her brain. She suffered a perforated colon from blunt force trauma, according to the report. Surgeons had to remove multiple portions of her bowel. It was that injury that became septic and led to her death.

August 2016:

Malaya Heun Trial Postponed

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/08/13/as-investigation-into-heun-murder-continues-trial-is-postponed/

The two people accused of murdering Malaya Heun in Kannapolis were supposed to go to trial this coming Monday, 26 months after they were arrested.

But the trial has been delayed, indefinitely. A lieutenant with the Kannapolis Police Department tells WCCB Charlotte, “The investigation (into Malaya’s murder) is ongoing. A continuance was requested, and both the prosecution and defense agreed to it.”

Both Carlisle and Turner are charged with first degree murder. Medical experts determined Malaya also had older injuries in various stages of healing. We’ll let you know when a new trial date has been set.

Justice For Malaya Faith Heun Facebook Page

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu