FRAUD - Tammy & Sidney Moorer in Heather Elvis case, hearing held 17 Dec 2018

NFYIAMY

Verified Expert
Reaction score
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — An Horry County couple charged with murder in a case involving a missing woman have now been charged with Medical fraud.
Records show that 42-year-old Tammy Moorer and 38-year-old Sidney Moorer are each charged with one count of making a false statement on an application for Medicaid assistance.
They are accused of failing to disclose to Medicaid their true financial status between 2007 and 2013. Investigators say the couple failed to disclose income from two businesses, and received more than $10,000 in inappropriate benefits.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/ap/south-carolina/horry-couple-in-murder-case-charged-with-fraud/ngDTS/

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — An Horry County couple charged with murder in a case involving a missing woman have now been charged with Medical fraud.
Records show that 42-year-old Tammy Moorer and 38-year-old Sidney Moorer are each charged with one count of making a false statement on an application for Medicaid assistance.
They are accused of failing to disclose to Medicaid their true financial status between 2007 and 2013. Investigators say the couple failed to disclose income from two businesses, and received more than $10,000 in inappropriate benefits.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/ap/south-carolina/horry-couple-in-murder-case-charged-with-fraud/ngDTS/

They can't blame the Elvises for this!! Apparently, they have been criminals for years, no one forced them to lie. Self-serving, immoral behavior. I think Tammy enjoyed "getting over" . What a great example for her children. She risked spending nearly their whole childhoods in jail by under reporting income and forging documents. Don't tell me she cares about her kids. Another big, fat Tammy lie.

Hmmm, interesting. The benefits were for not only the children, but the two adults as well.

Well, Sid and Tam, get someone cracking opening up your safe to get out the ten grand you owe to Medicaid and the people of South Carolina.

An odd thought: I wonder if Sidney whipped out his Medicaid card when he went to the hospital after he supposedly had a gun pointed at him in the middle of the night???

Hmmm, interesting. The benefits were for not only the children, but the two adults as well.

Well, Sid and Tam, get someone cracking opening up your safe to get out the ten grand you owe to Medicaid and the people of South Carolina.

An odd thought: I wonder if Sidney whipped out his Medicaid card when he went to the hospital after he supposedly had a gun pointed at him in the middle of the night???

:floorlaugh:

If the $10k found in the safe is the stolen money, that it is possible it was being saved for the children's college education. Obviously it is wrong to steal, but maybe they had good intentions. $10k over a 7-year-old period is about $1428/year...$119/month. I am reading about people who committed medicare fraud who stole over $1 million dollars, and they all only received about 2 years in prison.

If the $10k found in the safe is the stolen money, that it is possible it was being saved for the children's college education. Obviously it is wrong to steal, but maybe they had good intentions. $10k over a 7-year-old period is about $1428/year...$119/month. I am reading about people who committed medicare fraud who stole over $1 million dollars, and they all only received about 2 years in prison.

Sidney Moorer, 38, and his wife, Tammy, 42, were charged Tuesday with obtaining signature or property under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more and false statement on application for Medicaid assistance, according to arrest warrants issued by the South Carolina Attorney General's Office.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_8239a9fc-eb6d-11e3-84f4-001a4bcf6878.html
I think "value of $10,000 or more" is the definition in the code. Not an exact amount of the loss.

What stolen money are you talking about? Good intentions? So because it wasn't millions of dollars, only an average of $119/Mo, it's not that bad? The annual cumulative effect of this type of fraud costs local tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Imagine what could be done with that money instead!!

"Elder also said county police found $10,000 in a safe when search warrants were executed Feb. 21. Greg McCollum, attorney for Tammy Moorer, countered by saying the money consisted of cash gifts that had been saved for the Moorer children's college education."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_8239a9fc-eb6d-11e3-84f4-001a4bcf6878.html

That is just shameful malarkey, imo.

So she was home schooling them, just to then send them off to college?

Yeah...........sure she was

I think "value of $10,000 or more" is the definition in the code. Not an exact amount of the loss.

What stolen money are you talking about? Good intentions? So because it wasn't millions of dollars, only an average of $119/Mo, it's not that bad? The annual cumulative effect of this type of fraud costs local tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Imagine what could be done with that money instead!!

Not to mention the people who TRULY needed the help that money could have provided.

Good intention? Not a chance IMO

Regardless "whose" money it was/is, I believe it still has to be reported when benefits are applied for.

The police said they found $10k in the safe. Since the lawyer rushed to defend it, it seems possible that the money is being investigated, as being the stolen Medicare fraud money.

In eyes of the legal system, stealing $10k is not as bad as stealing millions, as one who steals $10k (or more) over a 7-year-old period is likely to get a much more lenient sentence than one who steals millions.

The police said they found $10k in the safe. Since the lawyer rushed to defend it, it seems possible that the money is being investigated, as being the stolen Medicare fraud money.

In eyes of the legal system, stealing $10k is not as bad as stealing millions, as one who steals $10k (or more) over a 7-year-old period is likely to get a much more lenient sentence than one who steals millions.

You wouldn't wanna tell my Momma that, God bless her heart! :floorlaugh:

I wonder if they were keeping money in the safe instead of the Bank so that their bank account would have a low balance to make it look like they were poor. All part of the defraud of the government to be able to claim they did not make much money.

Im wondering what other safes or deposits of money they have hidden or buried in the backyard. Perhaps if we find out they have money buried we will also find out where they hid Heather.

I dont trust these 2 at all.
I hope the IRS goes back through all 7 years prior of the tax forms.

Perhaps Heather found out about their shady financial dealings, and they killed her over it. It makes more sense to me why Sidney would be part of it, if that was the motive.

I'm raising a brow - surprised to see justifications of Medicare fraud...allegedly committed by a pair of accused murderers.
I don't care if they stole to feed their dying pet llamas - baby llamas, even! - who were on their very last breath: it's still theft, fraud, reprehensible.
College fund?
Or Disney fund?
Don't care either way. It's sickening, the way that they gamed the system..and Heather.
Not anymore, though. They can enjoy State benefits - the county jail kind - for a long time to come.
Mooooooooo said me.

PS no llama was wounded, emotionally or otherwise, in the drafting of this message. ;)

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back