NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 3 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littleone48

Reaction score
Another college student is missing. She hasn't been seen since Tuesday evening. Her cell phone has not been in use since Tuesday.

Here is more information: http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121011/GJNEWS_01/121019660

Snip: The UNH Police Department is assisting the Chester Police Department and also the Westborough, Mass. Police Department in the search for Elizabeth J. Marriott, 19, of Chester,
According to Chester Police Chief William Burke, the last known communication from Marriott was a text message from her phone sent to a friend just before 9 p.m. Tuesday while in class at the Durham UNH campus. Burke said it is unknown what the content of the message was. Police have attempted to ping the phone but Burke said the device has not been in use since Tuesday.

Burke said Marriott’s details have been entered into the National Crime Information Center.
“At this point we’re actively trying to find the car, find her and hoping that everything comes out positive,” he said.

Being NH I am not sure how much information we can find out about the status of this case. This State has very poor reporting about these cases.

Here is another link: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Po...ott/-/9857858/16949708/-/qp3cafz/-/index.html

Thread #1

Thread #2

d28ddf6783fcb6ae2e88d79badd48dad

http://westborough.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/fbi-searching-for-missing-westborough-resident

Please continue here for Lizzie.

Wanted to quote something from the previous thread, but we're in a new thread now. Whoever said they don't believe Lizzie didn't struggle, I agree. Who would lie there "frozen" while being strangled? It would be the body's natural instinct to struggle / fight back wouldn't it?

Wanted to quote something from the previous thread, but we're in a new thread now. Whoever said they don't believe Lizzie didn't struggle, I agree. Who would lie there "frozen" while being strangled? It would be the body's natural instinct to struggle / fight back wouldn't it?

KM said she began to struggle, raising her arms but blacked out very fast.

I think it takes about 40 seconds to pass out from lack of air.

This is an example of choke holds in martial arts. It only takes a few seconds to pass out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upRq92d3u2M
rather disturbing activity actually..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3bi3FlInQ

I have a few thoughts/observations.
In no particular order, so sorry if it seems scattered. And of course, all JMO.

I'm not buying the strip poker story. It makes no sense to me.

Lizzi didn't struggle? I call BS! I think Kat held her down.

Also not buying the "painting" story. I think that was code for rape/murder. They didn't just happen to have a tarp/duct tape and gloves.

Also all the entering and exiting from the back door is bothering me. Even the first time Lizzi went there Kat made sure she used the back door. Camera's in front maybe? Or they wanted to make sure neighbors didn't see Lizzi?

I think this was premeditated. Obviously not the disposal, but the rape/ murder.

Why call RG? I think that Seth thought he could talk her into disposing of the body or at least helping to do so. And he might have succeeded if Paul hadn't have been there. Also maybe to then frame RG.

She did admit to a lot, but I still the the defense is going to have a field day with her.

I sure wish this was a DP case. They BOTH deserve it IMO.

This was an absolutely brutal morning.

Other thoughts:
I wonder who is up next? Paul?

Also think they are going to have to put SM on the stand.
What do you all think?

I brought over that post because I wanted to have it here also; I just found it unbelievable that Lizzie didn't struggle, that she only got her hands up as far as her chest, not if he was strangling for close to 10 minutes, I just don't buy that either.

I also think Seth has to be called to the stand, his attorney can't testify for him and get in Seth's whole story.

Could someone elaborate on the speculation about Lizzie's alleged body movements indicating brain damage?

There is no way, imo, to get any other "side" of the story in unless SM testifies. I think he would be even worse to watch on the stand than RG. I can't see his attorney letting him do it, but his ego may be just that big.
Horrendous morning of testimony, so hard for Lizzie's parents. No wonder her mother didn't come to court today.

KM said she began to struggle, raising her arms but blacked out very fast.

I think it takes about 40 seconds to pass out from lack of air.

This is an example of choke holds in martial arts. It only takes a few seconds to pass out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upRq92d3u2M
rather disturbing activity actually..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3bi3FlInQ

In the 'Godfather' movie it looked like it took a lot longer for Luca Brasi to quit flailing around. I remember one guy held one arm down and the other hand was stuck to the bar top with an ice pick. And he was garrotted by pros with wire.

First post although I have watched this whole trial...
Because of Kat's age and home circumstances, I was open to hear and believe that Seth dominated her completely. After just watching her on the stand for a day and a half though, she is in this as deep as Seth. I am so angry she got such a light plea agreement! Her affect is so off and to hear of their past together leading up to poor Lizzie's murder and rape is not only evil but has such a "creepy" factor to me. She can't even fake real remorse even with all her acting experience because she is unable to feel compassion IMO. Her not calling for help is the worse but then following the crime she seems to be the literal driver as to how to conceal the crime. When she spoke about how all she had was him...no real friends... I almost came out of my seat!!! Lizzie was trying to be a friend and she set her up to a very brutal and creepy murder!!!! This trial is more bizarre to me than any I have followed here since 2008. Everyone involved are "off" and so removed from morals and society. I feel so bad for the family of Lizzie. The details of her being dispose were so graphic and detailed it was almost too much to hear. But Kat couldn't remember the details to the actual murder rape very well. I believe there is much more to this murder. I have never cheered for a defense team to cross a DA witness as much as I will when they have there time with Kat!!! This girl is as sick as they come....

Kat ran over her gps and phone with the car to destroy them.

Because of Kat's age and home circumstances, I was open to hear and believe that Seth dominated her completely. After just watching her on the stand for a day and a half though, she is in this as deep as Seth. I am so angry she got such a light plea agreement! Her affect is so off and to hear of their past together leading up to poor Lizzie's murder and rape is not only evil but has such a "creepy" factor to me. She can't even fake real remorse even with all her acting experience because she is unable to feel compassion IMO. Her not calling for help is the worse but then following the crime she seems to be the literal driver as to how to conceal the crime. When she spoke about how all she had was him...no real friends... I almost came out of my seat!!! Lizzie was trying to be a friend and she set her up to a very brutal and creepy murder!!!! This trial is more bizarre to me than any I have followed here since 2008. Everyone involved are "off" and so removed from morals and society. I feel so bad for the family of Lizzie. The details of her being dispose were so graphic and detailed it was almost too much to hear. But Kat couldn't remember the details to the actual murder rape very well. I believe there is much more to this murder. I have never cheered for a defense team to cross a DA witness as much as I will when they have there time with Kat!!! This girl is as sick as they come....

Her home situation seemed typical to me. She seems like a sociopath more than anything.

ITA--while I kinda get why they had to offer a plea its way to light :banghead:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 20s
#SethMazzaglia placed Lizzi’s cell phone & GPS under tire for Kat 2 run over. Drove Lizzi’s car back to UNH to leave her car there

They left, and threw the smashed phone and GPS off a bridge into water, and headed to UNH. They knew she was a student there.

by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:00 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz33gtNwBRp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members