The last Navajo Code Talker has died

A ho...................Rest in peace soldier. :( A forgotten hero. For those that don't know, November is the Native American national heritage month. Ransom, thank you for starting this thread. This means a lot to the Native Americans, whom call WS our home.

A ho...................Rest in peace soldier. :( A forgotten hero. For those that don't know, November is the Native American national heritage month. Ransom, thank you for starting this thread. This means a lot to the Native Americans, whom call WS our home.

Amen.

I was on my way to meet him on the 14th (yet again) when I got word the book signing was cancelled because of his death. :(

Nez had been scheduled to speak in Jemez Springs on June 14 on his new book, a memoir of his days as a Code Talker,coauthored with Judith Avila. That event has of course been cancelled. “I hope many of our patrons and readers around the world will continue to honor Chester Nez and his fellow code talkers by reading his book,” Carol Meine of the Jemez Springs Public Library said.

http://www.ladailypost.com/content/last-original-navajo-code-talkers-has-died

Please read: the cnn link and video:
His name is really not Chester. That was the name assigned to him when he was forced to go to an "Indian boarding School"

"It was a far cry from his childhood, when he was forced to attend a boarding school and punished by the teachers for speaking Navajo, according to his book."

Amen.

I was on my way to meet him on the 14th (yet again) when I got word the book signing was cancelled because of his death. :(

Nez had been scheduled to speak in Jemez Springs on June 14 on his new book, a memoir of his days as a Code Talker,coauthored with Judith Avila. That event has of course been cancelled. “I hope many of our patrons and readers around the world will continue to honor Chester Nez and his fellow code talkers by reading his book,” Carol Meine of the Jemez Springs Public Library said.

His name is really not Chester. That was the name assigned to him when he was forced to go to an "Indian boarding School"

"It was a far cry from his childhood, when he was forced to attend a boarding school and punished by the teachers for speaking Navajo, according to his book."

A ho.

Amen.

I would have traded my right arm to meet this hero. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong