Resolved VA - Newport News, Wht/BlkFem 25-45, UP12683, @ City Farm, clothes, Jun'14 - namus removed

A crew clearing brush found skeletal remains behind a Newport News home Friday morning.

Harold Eley with the Newport News Police Department said city farm work crews found the remains around 10:30 a.m. along 25th Street.

Eley said crews found the “badly decomposed” body behind a residence.

“If it weren’t for city farm cutting the grass they would have never found the body. So there’s no telling how long that body’s been back there. It’s ridiculous and I don’t understand why didn’t nobody smell anything. You would think that would give off some type of odor. As of now you can’t smell anything,” said Desirene Hubbard, a neighbor. “I just feel the crime is ridiculous down here in East End.”

Investigators are continuing to look into what happened.

Stay with WAVY News 10 for any new information.

Comments underneath interesting.

That looks like downtown Newport News.Not an area where I ever would have been around back in the day and certainly not now.I wonder if it's a homeless person or a drug deal that went bad.I hope they get answers soon.

I know there was a woman missing..Kathleen Haley?I hope it's not her.

The photo looks like it's more "in between" than "in back of."

My first guess would be a homeless person trying to find shelter and dying of exposure in the winter. But that's just a guess.

It's a very bad area of Newport News. It seems like there is a shooting every other day. I'm very surprised no one located the body earlier than now. Tsk tsk.

Are we allowed to post a comment that someone made under the news story?

Are we allowed to post a comment that someone made under the news story?

Assuming it's from a site that's considered mainstream media, you can post a pointer to the news story and provide the commenter's initials or other information to let us locate it and look at it ourselves if we want to.

The comments make this place sound second only to haedes.

Over a thousand exclusions. Wow. Makes you wonder if she's even been reported missing

2479 matches!

I think I agree that she may never have been reported missing. Some of the names on the exclusion list are old enough to be the grandmothers of some of the later ones, so they're not ruling anybody out.

I have both a positive and a negative feeling about so many exclusions. Positive because it means she hasn't been forgotten. Negative because she may never have been reported missing.

The trouble with so many names is that it will make it really hard to look on NamUs for one that isn't ruled out. (I still wish NamUs missing would have a year of birth option, it would make it a lot easier.) Personally, from looking at her features, I'd say she's not Caucasian, or at least, one of her grandparents isn't.

Over 2000 rule outs - WOW. It's possible she was reported missing but that information isn't in a database anywhere. I've seen someone say before that the missing persons reports online are only a small fraction of the people reported missing. :( A lot of states/cities/etc don't have the manpower to put all of these reports online.

I hope she is missed by someone - maybe they just don't know she is missing.

Hi guys this is my first post, regard to this case I took a look to the exclusions and in this list is outside Opal Fleshman missing since September 08, 2012 from Roanoke County, Virginia
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19757/9/

and also Leyla McCullagh missing since August 14, 2012 from Loudoun County, Virginia
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18042/11/

actually before I had thought of Samantha A.Clark missing since September 13, 2010 from Orange County, Virginia but for one year not within the age range estimated.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11591/20/

Amazing how the number of exclusions keeps going up, really giving the system a work out. Do you think this is how most lists would be if someone inputted every rule out the system gives DNA to DNA profiles?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back