GA - 5yr old Abandoned at Columbus Gas Station

TexasRanger

Reaction score
http://www.wtvm.com/story/25715008/...-abandoned-at-columbus-gas-station?hpt=ju_bn1

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

Police are on the hunt for a woman accused of abandoning a 5-year-old boy at a gas station in South Columbus.

Witnesses said the boy became very emotional when he realized he was left alone and he began crying out for his mother.

"A couple of minutes later, the kid came out of the store hollering, panicking, asking, 'where is my momma?' I said 'oh my gosh, she done left this kid!'"

[modsnip]

Witnesses don't know whether the woman was trying to use the store as a babysitter or if she intended to leave the boy there permanently, but they all agree that this appears to be more than just a simple misunderstanding.
The poor child, hopefully this somehow ends well for him.:(

I wonder if the boy is able to give his name and address?

well, with the surveillance image of the 'mother' published, it won't take long before someone recognizes her

I hope she never gets access to him again (not that she wants it, clearly)

poor little boy, how traumatizing.

poor lil fella, so scared. I wonder if he was in such a panic because she had threatened him with leaving him somewhere in the past?

The boy told the staff that he lived in a green house but he didn't know directions on how to get there.

"Then he said, 'Well, mama not coming back,'" Hannah said. "I said, 'What do you mean?' 'No mama not coming back.'"

The boy, who was in preschool, was wearing a blue shirt, black shorts and sandals. The manager said the woman may have been to the store in the past.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014...ndoned.html?sp=/99/164/173/174/#storylink=cpy

What a sad sad story. I'm probably grasping, but I find myself hoping she left him to keep him safe--like maybe she has suicided somewhere or something. Don't want to believe the other. So sorry, baby.

Update: good news:

According to a detective, a family was traveling from Missouri to Fort Benning in two cars, and the 5-year-old was left behind due to a mix up about which car he was traveling in. Each car's occupants thought the boy was in the other one.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/25715008/...-abandoned-at-columbus-gas-station?hpt=ju_bn1

So this actually DOES happen!
I have always feared this happening to one of my kids.
They used to play musical cars at every stop.
Poor little guy. He must've been terrified. Awww.

So this actually DOES happen!
I have always feared this happening to one of my kids.
They used to play musical cars at every stop.
Poor little guy. He must've been terrified. Awww.

We had this happen with me and my brother back in the early sixties. Fortunately my grandmother, in whose car he was supposed to be riding, got paranoid and made my grandmother turn around and flag down my parents when we were only a few blocks down the road, so he was only alone for a few minutes.

It made me very paranoid with my own kids, but we still nearly left the wandering charmer behind once when he decided it was more fun to make friends with the counter help who were giving him candies from the honor jar than to spend another couple of hours in the car with his sister.

thank goodness this was an accidental abandonment rather than an intentional. That poor little guy. SO scary.

:gasp: blown margins! I don't know how to fix it? Any guys out there that can resize and repost my above by doing your own cut/paste/upload as I cannot figure out how to do it!

TIA as I think good for the threads, but a mod might totally delete if folks complain about blown margins. I tried :cry:

My margins on tapatalk are fine:)

Wow! That's real privacy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have deleted! I posted this on wrong thread lol. It's supposed to be on the Dermond thread. Yes linda! Tapatalk you don't blow margins! I love my tapatalk!

I have deleted! I posted this on wrong thread lol. It's supposed to be on the Dermond thread. Yes linda! Tapatalk you don't blow margins! I love my tapatalk!

Oh that's funny! I thought that's where the little boy lived. It surely would explain why he couldn't tell anyone how to get there! ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back