Identified! SC - Clarendon Co., Skeletal remains in woods, Jun'14 - Clartha McLeod

South Carolina people, how easy would it be to get here from Myrtle Beach?
I see it's located quite close to I-95.

Here's a google map of the area, red marker is Tearcoat Rd.

Attachments

• TearcoatRd.jpg
    TearcoatRd.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 131
Here's the google route from Myrtle Beach to Tearcoat Rd.

Attachments

• Tearcoatroute.jpg
    Tearcoatroute.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 140
well hopefully what ever the Ms did that morning, they took their cell phones with them and LE has some pings and has some idea of where they were. However, if they were smart enough to immediately take HE phone, chances are good that they were cognizant enough to realize they needed to leave their phones at home.
HE had no more cell activity after 341. I dont know exactly what time it starts to get daylight here in Dec because I am a night owl and am never up early enough to know--BUT lets say it gets daylight at 630 to 7. I would think they would want to be done with their activities and be back home before daybreak. so they have between 3 to 3.5 hours if that is the case. not much time if they want to travel a distance to dispose of evidence.
and round and round we go.

Here's the google route from Myrtle Beach to Tearcoat Rd.

Thanks for posting. Interesting. Through Conway, etc. I remember some of the other locations' names from initial brainstorming in Heather's first few threads.

So, thinking out loud, with the ocean being right there, why might someone choose land over water as a dump site? Fear of the body washing up? That's quite a distance to drive with a body in the car, you would think one would be paranoid, yet at the same time they might be wanting to distance themselves from their own location. Maybe the body was hidden well in the vehicle, container (carpet roll) or maybe some kind of work / supply truck vs the trunk? Anything is possible. I have no idea what those scumbags did with Heather.

JMO, lately I've really noticed in cases how some people will travel really great distances, across states, to dispose of bodies. I don't think that's necessarily the case here, just noting.

The location is very near I-95 which is the main north/south route. Sumter, SC would be a logical place for the body to originate. Here are a couple of missing listed from there:

Brianna Hawkins, 15, Missing 9-19-2012

http://www.sumterpd.com/info/hawkins.pdf

I believe this is her; cannot find the linked fb....anyone?

I googled similar pic by image too- nothing. She does not have a thread here...

http://www.skillpages.com/babysitter/sumter-united-states/brianna.hawkins?tab=Validations

I am not finding anything on her either. Strange. I did see where her mother posted on the Sumter Fire Department site at one time about her being missing, however.

Brianna Hawkins, 15, Missing 9-19-2012

http://www.sumterpd.com/info/hawkins.pdf

I believe this is her; cannot find the linked fb....anyone?

I googled similar pic by image too- nothing. She does not have a thread here...

http://www.skillpages.com/babysitter/sumter-united-states/brianna.hawkins?tab=Validations

picture

Brianna Hawkins
Sumter, South Carolina, USA

Babysitter
Part Time Staff
Animal Lover
Kitchen Help
House Cleaner

If its Brianna, I wonder if she answered an ad for any of the above services.

picture

Brianna Hawkins
Sumter, South Carolina, USA

Babysitter
Part Time Staff
Animal Lover
Kitchen Help
House Cleaner

If its Brianna, I wonder if she answered an ad for any of the above services.

she has been a member of that site since 6/2012- 3 mon. before she went missing. The pic looks like an older version of her (to me...)

Is this within the area of where Britney Drixel (sp?) vanished ... Myrtle Beach?

Thanks for posting. Interesting. Through Conway, etc. I remember some of the other locations' names from initial brainstorming in Heather's first few threads.

So, thinking out loud, with the ocean being right there, why might someone choose land over water as a dump site? Fear of the body washing up? That's quite a distance to drive with a body in the car, you would think one would be paranoid, yet at the same time they might be wanting to distance themselves from their own location. Maybe the body was hidden well in the vehicle, container (carpet roll) or maybe some kind of work / supply truck vs the trunk? Anything is possible. I have no idea what those scumbags did with Heather.

JMO, lately I've really noticed in cases how some people will travel really great distances, across states, to dispose of bodies. I don't think that's necessarily the case here, just noting.

I think that they transported Heather in the trucks tool box. JMO

You would take 378 to go from Socastee to where the remains were found. This is a post TM made on her Disboards....

Post# 135

"Your Disney night sounds wonderful! I want one of those. What way do you guys go? If you go 378 through Conway it saves a good bit of time. You don't have to deal with all the red lights and anti speed zones."

:scared:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2096117&page=9

Here's a google map of the area, red marker is Tearcoat Rd.

Well, it looks pretty lonely out there with the exception of what looks to be a building in the bottom left corner of the map.

Thank goodness the hunters found the remains so they can be returned to the deceased family. On the other hand, I feel sorry for the people who wandered upon this gruesome find. I would have nightmares for years.

I have another question...how far is this from Summerville where Sidney grew up? I don't think it is too far.

You would take 378 to go from Socastee to where the remains were found. This is a post TM made on her Disboards....

Post# 135

"Your Disney night sounds wonderful! I want one of those. What way do you guys go? If you go 378 through Conway it saves a good bit of time. You don't have to deal with all the red lights and anti speed zones."

:scared:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2096117&page=9

Now that sent a chill down my spine, Mom!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back