Found Deceased CA - Kimberly Blum, 44, Los Angeles, 5 June 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kimberly Blum
105977_630x354.jpg

HELP SOUGHT FINDING MISSING 44-YEAR-OLD WOMAN IN LOS ANGELES

LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
Los Angeles police are asking for the public's help locating a 44-year-old woman who has been missing since last week. Kimberly Blum was last heard from in the 1000 block of Newhome Avenue last Thursday at about 4 p.m.

http://abc7.com/news/help-sought-finding-missing-44-year-old-woman/105978/

Investigators have found empty pill bottles with Kim's name on them in a drainage ditch. She has been battling depression the last few years. Doesn't sound good.

Police, worried family members seek missing Sunland woman last seen in La Crescenta

AR-140709892.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Police and worried family members are asking the public’s help in finding a Sunland woman who mysteriously vanished four weeks ago after stopping by her sister’s home in La Crescenta. After briefly stopping by the house, where a graduation party was planned for her niece, Blum suddenly left, her mother Rosalie Blum said.

“She was at a family event, and left, and hasn’t been seen since,” the worried mother said. “I don’t know if she went to get some air, or what.” A bag containing some of Kim Blum’s belongings, including medication, was found along the Angeles Crest Highway in the Angeles National Forest, about 21 miles north of the 210 Freeway, according to police and family members.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/gen...ssing-sunland-woman-last-seen-in-la-crescenta

Wow... Not sounding good at all. I pray this woman is found soon, and can receive whatever help she needs.

I wonder if anything happened at the family event to make her want to leave? If she was in a fragile mental state, it may not have taken much for her to go - a small comment someone made that was taken the wrong way maybe? Not trying to blame the family AT ALL, just an idea on why she might have left in the first place.

And despite extensive searches of the area, Kim Blum’s silver, 2004 honda CRV SUV with California license plate 5JVU774, remains missing, officials said.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department helicopter and the Montrose Search and Rescue Team have searched the area where the Kim Blum’s bag was found multiple times since her disappearance, finding no other clues into her whereabouts. Family members even hired a private helicopter to conduct a search, with no success.

Kim Blum’ credit cards and bank accounts have not been accessed since her disappearance. “And she didn’t have much cash on her, from what we know,” the mother said.

“She did have a smart phone, but the last ping was at a tower near her sister’s house, so we don’t know whether she turned it off. There hasn’t been anything from that.”

Rosalie Blum said her daughter has never gone missing before and had been busy making plans at the time of her disappearance. A friend was scheduled to arrive in town to stay with Kim Blum June 6, Rosalie Blum said. Kim Blum had also made several appointments to meet with clients of her personal organizer business.

Rosalie Blum said she also couldn’t imagine her daughter voluntarily leaving behind her beloved dog, Sadie.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime...sing-sunland-woman-last-seen-in-la-crescenta/

Because her car is missing too, it makes me think that she could quite possibly be with her car. Possibly in a ditch stuck...or worse. I pray for just being stuck in a ditch with plenty of liquids and foods...I hope.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ssing-sunland-woman-last-seen-in-la-crescenta

olice, aided by a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department helicopter and the Montrose Search and Rescue Team have searched the area where the bag was found multiple times since her disappearance, finding no other clues into her whereabouts, Carlton said.

Family members even hired a private helicopter to conduct a search, with no success, Rosalie Blum said. “It’s really, really treacherous terrain up there,” she added...

Rosalie Blum said she also couldn’t imagine her daughter voluntarily leaving behind her beloved dog, Sadie.

The terrain along Angeles Crest Highway is treacherous. Prayers for Kimberly and her family and friends.

I'm afraid this is going to have the same outcome as Jeanie Kini in Maui. She was found deceased in her car at the bottom of a cliff. She too had pets but in contrast Jeanie had sent emails asking for others to take care of them. I hope I'm wrong.

Still missing:( They still haven't found her car either. Looks like they are trying to get her story back in the news as they will be announcing a reward.

Sunland woman still missing a year after vanishing from La Crescenta
POSTED: 06/04/15, 11:03 PM PDT

snipped
Today marks one year since a Sunland woman mysteriously disappeared after leaving a family gathering in La Crescenta, and family members have renewed a $5,000 reward for information leading to her as they continue seeking answers and maintaining hope that she’ll be found safe.

“It’s like she just disappeared completely,” the detective said.

The only physical trace left behind was a small bag containing medication and other personal items belonging to Kim Blum found along the side of Angeles Crest Highway, 21 miles north of the 210 Freeway, in the early days of the search.

In this May 2015 article, Kim's mom is quoted as saying "unknowing is the most horrible part". :(

http://www.kfiam640.com/onair/bill-carroll-37820/help-find-this-woman-13587967/

Kim was last seen by her sister at the sister's house. Kim had gone there to help prep for her niece's 8th grad party. They had a brief exchange of words while sister was cleaning up dog toys. It sounds like Kim's sister accidentally set her off, because she disappeared shortly after.

The sister said:
they soon noticed Kimberly had left and security footage from the home showed her walking to her car. “She hadn’t contacted me or her sister so I went to the authorities,” she said.

A few days after Kimberly disappeared, a maintenance worker found a small bag containing old medication bottles belonging to Kimberly in the Angeles National Forest. But even after multiple helicopter searches over the mountains, there was still no sign of Kimberly or her car.
I just wonder if Kim was recently battling her own inner-self about not having had kids yet, knowing her dog Sadie was (currently) her only baby, and the innocent comment about dog toys triggered Kim's depression in an unexpected way.

The fact that her car has never been found even a year later is the most baffling part of this disappearance.

I bet it's her too. :(

Wow... Not sounding good at all. I pray this woman is found soon, and can receive whatever help she needs.

I wonder if anything happened at the family event to make her want to leave? If she was in a fragile mental state, it may not have taken much for her to go - a small comment someone made that was taken the wrong way maybe? Not trying to blame the family AT ALL, just an idea on why she might have left in the first place.

Sadly Kim's car and her body were located today near where her pills were found in 2014.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back