GUILTY WA - Richard Salzman, 49, murdered, Tacoma, 6 June 2014

Now, this is a case where i wonder what the heck had been going on in that house!
This 16 yr old...has peaked my interest....for so many reasons...

He seems so considerate of his families finances, drinks with his father, super rage filled killing...that seems like was years before things came to a head.
"Told him to stop" sticks in my head... Wanting to spend time with his remaining family and how he protected them by sending them
Next door...confessing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office, RS, 16, and his father Richard Salzman, 49, had been drinking at the family home on June 6 while the boy’s mother was attending a party. R’s mother called her husband and the two got into a fight, prompting R to attack his father, prosecutors said.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/06/tacoma-teen-charged-with-killing-father-hiding-body/

raw audio of the 911 call confession http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/raw-audio-son-confesses-to-killing-father/vCfKCG/ I am interested to here more about the "conflicted" past he describes he and his father having.

Teresa Salzman said her uncle was a caring man who would never harm his kids, and he and R had a good relationship.

“He was essentially a father to me and he loved his children and family dearly,” said Teresa Salzman.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tacoma-teen-charged-beating-father-death/ngK7C/

Reading between the lines, I'm betting there's some major dysfunction going on in that home. "I told him to stop" "We had a conflcted childhood, past" -- the sheer brutality of the attack, it seems like a lot of pent up rage.

The kids called himself in, not wanting people to go to the trouble of a search party, after giving himself a few days longer with his mother and sister.. he acted to protect them from the horror of the police arriving, the body being found.. sure doesn't sound like a sociopathic little monster.

Early days, I suppose. But yeah, I'm betting there really is more to it.

Reading between the lines, I'm betting there's some major dysfunction going on in that home. "I told him to stop" "We had a conflcted childhood, past" -- the sheer brutality of the attack, it seems like a lot of pent up rage.

The kids called himself in, not wanting people to go to the trouble of a search party, after giving himself a few days longer with his mother and sister.. he acted to protect them from the horror of the police arriving, the body being found.. sure doesn't sound like a sociopathic little monster.

Early days, I suppose. But yeah, I'm betting there really is more to it.

Ditto...I'm intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How sad. I agree, I there must be more to this story.

Tacoma teen charged as adult in murder of father

Pierce County prosecutors have charged a 16-year-old Tacoma boy with second-degree murder for allegedly killing his father with a cane and putting the body in a wooden box.

Salzman was home drinking with his father when he overheard his parents arguing on the phone. He became angry that his father yelled at his mother and confronted the man, who pushed him to the ground. The teen then grabbed a cane and hit his father in the head several times, documents say.

read more .............. http://mynorthwest.com/11/2543894/Tacoma-teen-charged-as-adult-in-murder-of-father

Another reason not to get drunk and hit your kids.

I am hoping for info to come out on the family dynamic.

Teen boys - hormones - alcohol (if true) could have caused this IMO even if this young man and his father did not have a history of violent confrontations in the past.

Young men of this age IME tend to be dealing with feelings of wanting to be recognized as men rather than boys. It is not unusual IME for teen males to have - at some point - a confrontation with the patriarch of the family. A sort of asserting their own manhood. Add in the argument between father and mother and I can see things getting out of hand very quickly even if there is no history of abuse prior from father to teen.

But my spidey senses are tingling, so yeah, I want more info. There could be much more to the story or nothing more than a hormone and alcohol fueled father son confrontation gone horribly awry.

This is a case where I would like to see him charged as a juvenile. His post murder behavior shows someone with a conscience and who imo is therefore ripe for rehabilitation. And i am sure there was something going on from his childhood. Who drinks with their 16 year old kid? That is a bright red flag right there.

I guess i will do some wild speculation. Dad threatened mom, has a history of dv (not with le necessarily just privately) and teen was afraid it would happen again when mom came home.

The other notion of hormones works too, i just think it was hormones combined with abuse of some sort, mental physical or sexual that tipped the scales.

Couldn't find any updates at all after this June 2014 update.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article50352080.html

Pierce County deputy prosecuting attorney Lisa Wagner requested 10 years for Salzman; defense attorney Arturo Menendez suggested 6 1/2 years.

Superior Court Judge Brian Tollefson settled in the middle, sentencing Salzman to seven years, five months in confinement. He recommended the teen be housed at a juvenile facility until he turns 21 so he can get mental health treatment...

The defense argued that Rylan Salzman snapped after weathering years of dealing with an abusive, alcoholic father. Prosecutors pointed out the teen concealed the body for four days and called 911 only after his mother hired a private search-and-rescue firm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back