Beef penis swap spawns lawsuit against local grocer

Softail

Reaction score
:eek: :panic: :puke:

AUSTIN (KXAN) – MT Supermarket and some of its employees are facing a civil suit that alleges they improperly labeled and sold pizzle, or beef penis, for human consumption.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office filed the suit that names the North Lamar location of MT Supermarket where employees sold “non-inspected, adulterated and misbranded beef pizzle as human food.”

The suit alleges a manager and employees ah the supermarket took the pizzle from boxes “labeled inedible beef, not intended for use as human food and repackaged the pizzle in consumer size packages, then labeled the pizzle as human food.”

http://kxan.com/2014/06/12/beef-penis-swap-spawns-lawsuit-against-local-grocer/

:eek: :panic: :puke:

AUSTIN (KXAN) – MT Supermarket and some of its employees are facing a civil suit that alleges they improperly labeled and sold pizzle, or beef penis, for human consumption.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office filed the suit that names the North Lamar location of MT Supermarket where employees sold “non-inspected, adulterated and misbranded beef pizzle as human food.”

The suit alleges a manager and employees ah the supermarket took the pizzle from boxes “labeled inedible beef, not intended for use as human food and repackaged the pizzle in consumer size packages, then labeled the pizzle as human food.”

http://kxan.com/2014/06/12/beef-penis-swap-spawns-lawsuit-against-local-grocer/

:puke: That would pizzle me off.

Me too TrackerSam!

I'm just wondering what it looked like? Surely couldn't be mistaken for steak...could it?
Where did the supermarket even get it?
Is it sold for dog food?
Geeez ...so many questions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too TrackerSam!

I'm just wondering what it looked like? Surely couldn't be mistaken for steak...could it?
Where did the supermarket even get it?
Is it sold for dog food?
Geeez ...so many questions....

fxcrps.jpg

Thud.
Who would buy that?

:scared:

ew ew ew ew

lunchtime was the wrong time to click this thread

I'm with the other poster - why would the store have it? What is it sold for in a grocery store? Seems as if it came in a larger, wholesale type package, and was repackaged. But again, if it is not normally sold for humans, why does the grocery store buy it?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzle"]Pizzle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Animal consumption[edit]
Pizzles, or Bully Sticks, are almost exclusively used/produced today as chewing treats for dogs.[2] They are prepared from a fibrous muscle, which is cleaned, stretched, twisted and then sun dried, oven baked, or smoked. Wood used in the smoking process can impart its aroma to the pizzle. The result is a very hard, 80–100 centimetres (30–40 in) long brown stick, which is then sawed into pieces appropriate for the size of the dog.[citation needed]

Glue[edit]
The pizzle of a bull was commonly rendered for use as glue.[5]

Human consumption[edit]
In addition to being used as a dog treat, pizzles are also eaten by humans for their health benefits such as being low in cholesterol and high in protein, hormones, vitamins and minerals such as calcium and magnesium.[2] Pizzles for human consumption are prepared either by freezing or by drying. Scottish deer pizzles are thought to boost stamina and were used by Chinese athletes at the 2008 Summer Olympics.[2][6] Pizzles can be served in soup, and if they have been dried they can be turned into a paste. Pizzles may also be mixed with alcoholic beverages or simply thawed (if frozen) and eaten.[2] In Jamaica, bull pizzles are referred to as "cow cods" and are eaten as cow cod soup. Like many pizzle-based foods, cow cod soup is claimed to be a male aphrodisiac.

Yep! What we think is gross & disgusting, some other culture will view as a delicacy.... I'll keep eating my veggies, thank you.

A friend whose career takes him to many Pacific rim & out-of-the-way counties & puts him at state dinner type events or more private meetings/meals with high officials, has quite a few tales of "what's for dinner." And it's always an insult to not eat what is offered. EWWWWWWWW.

I have heard of these wieners being made into walking sticks. I collect old canes, but don't want one of them. Poor ol' Ferdinand the Bull.

I'll stick to white meat.

Much more manageable in size.

:giggle:

Andrew Z. would be in 7th heaven....

If the beef penis is grilled on a skewer, would it be a "pizzle stick"? :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads