TX - Girl 10, could be charged as sex offender, Houston, April 2014

The mind boggles. How is this psychically possible? JMOO

A four year old male? Maybe I am behind the times . I'm not saying he wasn't molested .

Rape in many states is defined as penetration of any orifice with anything. Doesn't need to be a penis.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A four year old male? Maybe I am behind the times . I'm not saying he wasn't molested .

How does an adult rape a 4 year old male?

I am only assuming a 10 year old does it in the same way.

"Sexual assault, or rape in Texas is defined as a person intentionally, knowingly and recklessly causing or threatening to cause bodily harm to another through sexual contact without the victim's consent."

Eta: Dang it, I can get this thing to link! If you google, you can find the information quoted above.

sodomization is rape

sadly I know all to well that this can and does happen.

A child relative of mine did exactly this to another child relative of mine. I was (un)fortunate to catch it in the act :(

I hope the 10 year old is being assessed to see if she has been abused/molested

Exactly, and it doesn't require a penis. It can include fingers or objects.

In Texas where this happened, penetration is not required for rape.

Oral sex can also be considered rape.

I used to be against prosecuting cases like this where both were kids. But sadly I now agree with it if the state will agree to help the young offender as well as the young victim. Obviously something is wrong there and she needs help. But sadly not all parents will see it that way.

It sounds like this was the case of an extremely overzealous prosecution.

I can't find an update from her court date last October, but with Quannel X on the story I think if they continued to seek criminal charges against her for a public display of "inappropriate horseplay" it would have made a media story.

Aggravated rape is horrific, horrific crime. It doesn't need to be diminished by charging one child with touching another.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/26/10-year-old-houston-girl-charged-rape-after-game-d/

I find this interesting,

"The girl’s mother would not say whether her daughter did actually commit a crime. If convicted, she would have to register as a sex offender.

“I’m not saying that she didn’t,” the mom said. “I’m not saying she did, but she’s still a child.”

It's also concerning to me, that their spokesperson is head of the new black panthers. It's a bit bazaar to have him involved.

http://nypost.com/2013/08/09/10-yea...y-raping-4-year-old-boy-in-apartment-complex/

Also, the girl was charged with aggravated sexual assault. That is much more serious. There was a witness who reported it, and the mother calls it "horseplay." I'm not so sure the authorities were overzealous. A girl this age will be required to get counseling, I'm sure.

I find this interesting,

"The girl’s mother would not say whether her daughter did actually commit a crime. If convicted, she would have to register as a sex offender.

“I’m not saying that she didn’t,” the mom said. “I’m not saying she did, but she’s still a child.”

It's also concerning to me, that their spokesperson is head of the new black panthers. It's a bit bazaar to have him involved.

http://nypost.com/2013/08/09/10-yea...y-raping-4-year-old-boy-in-apartment-complex/

Quanell X often seems to come in and advocate for families in cases of injustice. I don't know any more than what is posted on this forum, but this seems a gross injustice to charge a 10 year old girl with aggravated rape for touching the genitals of a 4 year old boy. That's not what aggravated rape is.

Quanell X often seems to come in and advocate for families in cases of injustice. I don't know any more than what is posted on this forum, but this seems a gross injustice to charge a 10 year old girl with aggravated rape for touching the genitals of a 4 year old boy. That's not what aggravated rape is.

No, it's not. So, that leads me to believe that possibly...the witness saw more than touching...and the boy had evidence of more.

There are always two sides, and I am less likely to believe the side that is represented by that party. They aren't just about injustice.

Do you know exactly what she did to the 4 year old? I don't think you do. Please provide a link that she touch his genitals only.

Aggravated sexual assault

Is an enhancement requiring one of the following.
Causes serious bodily injury or attempts to cause the death of the victim or another person;
Places the victim in fear that death, serious bodily injury, or kidnapping will be imminently inflicted on any person;
Threatens to cause the death, serious bodily injury, or kidnapping of any person;
Uses or exhibits a deadly weapon;
Administers or provides rohypnol, gamma hydroxybutyrate, or ketamine to the victim of the offense with the intent of facilitating the commission of the offense;
The victim is younger than 14 years of age; or
The victim is 65 years of age or older, or is disabled.

http://www.texasdefenselawyers.com/html/rape.html

Do you know exactly what she did to the 4 year old? I don't think you do. Please provide a link that she touch his genitals only.

That's all they're claiming she did, Linda. She's been accused, while playing with a group of children outside in an apartment complex court yard of touching a 4 year old boy in the genital area.

Sometimes it's temping to say that CAN'T possibly be all that this is about, there must be more to make this story make sense.

Perhaps the "more" is that apparently this case didn't go forward.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/23224803/2013/08/21/10-year-old-charged-with-sexual-assauot

That's all they're claiming she did, Linda. She's been accused, while playing with a group of children outside in an apartment complex court yard of touching a 4 year old boy in the genital area.

Sometimes it's temping to say that CAN'T possibly be all that this is about, there must be more to make this story make sense.

Perhaps the "more" is that apparently this case didn't go forward.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/23224803/2013/08/21/10-year-old-charged-with-sexual-assauot

Interesting article thank you for linking it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr