Found Deceased SC - Susan Wilkes, 59, West Columbia, 12 June 2014 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Susan Reynolds Wilkes
1kLoox.AuSt.74.jpeg

Woman Missing After Going on Morning Walk

West Columbia, SC (WLTX) -
West Columbia police are searching for a woman who's been missing since Thursday. Officers say 59-year-old Susan Reynolds Wilkes was last seen at 8:15 a.m. in the Westover Acres subdivision while taking her daily walk.

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2014/06/15/susan-reynolds-wilkes/10547729/

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I don't like this....

This is worrisome.

Thanks for posting.

Hope they find her and all is well. But it does not sound good indeed.

It's been almost 4 days ...

Did she take anything with her? Phone, wallet?

ETA: Ah, just saw she did not take her phone.

Reminds me of Kristi Cornwell... A single mother takes an evening walk while chatting on her cell.....

Well surely didn't go off with her friends in the past without telling anybody. That's what it sounded like he was saying she had done before.

I'm a local with no direct knowledge of this family.

The route she would have taken, according to her husband, would make a square up one road out of her neighborhood (Whippoorwill Dr), over one block on the main rd (378), and then down the other road in her neighborhood (Hook Ave), and then crossing back down a side street in her neighborhood (Michelle Dr) to her home.

The general area of west Columbia is poor, slightly higher crime, drugs, and lots of abandoned buildings. However, in this particular part of west Columbia, there are older, established homes and it's a fairly safe area where one would never expect to see a kidnapping.....especially of a 50+ year old woman. The buildings she would have passed on her route are all open....though some of them wouldn't have been open at that time in the morning. The main road would have been filled with traffic during that time, so it would be very unlikely that she would have been kidnapped from 378.

Two things that concern me is that this neighborhood is directly behind a newish hotel.....so there would be 'outsiders' potentially very close to where she was walking. Also, a major interstate is about 50-100 yards from the entrance to her neighborhood.....so, if this was her route, someone staying in the nearby hotel or someone getting off of the interstate could have easily seen her and followed her onto the much less busy 'Hook Ave'.

Unfortunately, outside of what y'all have already posted, there are no new updates to this case. Really hoping for the best.

Well surely didn't go off with her friends in the past without telling anybody. That's what it sounded like he was saying she had done before.

I agree that sounded REALLY strange. They kinda noticed that she wasn't there Thursday evening, then Friday they went out and looked, and then Friday night they finally went to the police?

And the part about thinking maybe her going away with the girls he talks about "giving her the benefit of the doubt and maybe they just forgot to call or couldn't call"? Wha?

I tell you, I've been married 40 years and I would still hope that my husband would at least be a wee bit concerned if I just didn't show up one night LOL.

Also he says the son (JW) was the last person to see her at home (he says the son is also who gave the clothing description of what she was wearing when she went missing). Wonder what time it was when her son saw her actually leave the house?

I wonder if anybody else saw her? If she walked this route often and had lived there since the 90s, somebody should be able to say they saw her that day. All very strange.

I'm a local with no direct knowledge of this family.

The route she would have taken, according to her husband, would make a square up one road out of her neighborhood (Whippoorwill Dr), over one block on the main rd (378), and then down the other road in her neighborhood (Hook Ave), and then crossing back down a side street in her neighborhood (Michelle Dr) to her home.

The general area of west Columbia is poor, slightly higher crime, drugs, and lots of abandoned buildings. However, in this particular part of west Columbia, there are older, established homes and it's a fairly safe area where one would never expect to see a kidnapping.....especially of a 50+ year old woman. The buildings she would have passed on her route are all open....though some of them wouldn't have been open at that time in the morning. The main road would have been filled with traffic during that time, so it would be very unlikely that she would have been kidnapped from 378.

Two things that concern me is that this neighborhood is directly behind a newish hotel.....so there would be 'outsiders' potentially very close to where she was walking. Also, a major interstate is about 50-100 yards from the entrance to her neighborhood.....so, if this was her route, someone staying in the nearby hotel or someone getting off of the interstate could have easily seen her and followed her onto the much less busy 'Hook Ave'.

Unfortunately, outside of what y'all have already posted, there are no new updates to this case. Really hoping for the best.

Thanks for the local scoop, krista! It's always a big plus to have a sleuther who is familiar with the area, the folks, and the "goods" and the "bads." Glad you're here!!

I agree that sounded REALLY strange. They kinda noticed that she wasn't there Thursday evening, then Friday they went out and looked, and then Friday night they finally went to the police?

And the part about thinking maybe her going away with the girls he talks about "giving her the benefit of the doubt and maybe they just forgot to call or couldn't call"? Wha?

I tell you, I've been married 40 years and I would still hope that my husband would at least be a wee bit concerned if I just didn't show up one night LOL.

Also he says the son (JW) was the last person to see her at home (he says the son is also who gave the clothing description of what she was wearing when she went missing). Wonder what time it was when her son saw her actually leave the house?

I got the same vibe, unsolved -- if he and she had been only roommates, the tenor of the discussion would have made more sense... He sounded a bit nonchalant, but we don't know him & it could be that he was screaming inside, but not wanting that to show during the interview. He seemed to have done his homework in looking in places, etc., etc.

So far, I'm still not expecting a good outcome...

I hear ya! It is strange to me! Maybe the thoughts about her being with the girls and couldn't call, is because her cellphone was left at home. It strikes me as odd though.........Surely, she could have borrowed a friends phone?
It isn't adding up to me about the seemingly lack of concern that she would take off for a few days and not call. Weird......
Maybe her friends were called later and her husband found out that she wasn't with them?
Very odd.....
IMOO.

It could be that he isn't telling all because he doesn't want people to think bad of her. It could be that she had disappeared overnight before, but not with the girls ... know what I mean? I'm just speculating here.

The fact that it was a long while before they got concerned is telling. I'm not sure what to think.

I found her marriage license in Richland County...she married Marion Wilkes on December 6, 1979. They have been married a long time. I got married in 1975 and you can bet my husband would be concerned if I failed to return after my walk. He would have waited.

I want to know if there have been any independent sightings of her that morning. I have my doubts she went on that walk- or something happened after she finished that walk.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back