IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35

LE hasn't stated that 7 bridges was a dumping ground, to my knowledge, have they? If they were shot or stabbed, and there was a distinct lack of blood in the soil around them, then that would show that it was not the murder site. But if they were strangled, they probably wouldn't know for sure.

I think it was just implied by a reporter that was either close to the scene or close to the scene, I can't remember now.

They've never stated either way that I'm aware of, though I thought some of what they did say implied there was no other crime scene.

Right, I think it was the Jane Vellez Mitchell or Nancy Grace reporter who said that.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

marking my spot on the girls' new thread. Good to see discussion picking up again. Hoping for leads to add to the conversation very soon.

Right, I think it was the Jane Vellez Mitchell or Nancy Grace reporter who said that.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yep!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/06/ijvm.01.html

JON LIEBERMAN, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Yes, Jane. Well, first of all, thoughts and prayers go out to this family for this terrible loss. Police can`t say it, but this is a double murder investigation at this point.

I`ve been talking to police sources for the past 24 hours or so, and they stress to me that they have a lot of information, but the reason why they are not releasing much of it is because much it`s information that only the killer or killers would know, and they do not want to jeopardize the investigation.

That said, my sources tell me the following, which we can report: No. 1, bodies were not found, according to my sources, smack dab next to each other. They were found about 40 to 50 feet next to each other.

The second key point is the theory right now is that this was the dump site. That they are looking for the primary murder scene. In other words, where the bodies were found is not where these two little girls were killed.

I do take investigative reports with a grain of salt...however SOMEONE (whomever their "source is") had obviously gotten close enough to the crime scene to know they were found a distance apart.

Also, by stating they were looking for the primary crime scene makes me think there was NOT evidence at the scene to match an obvious COD (say...no blood in the area, but had gunshot wounds - or something like that).

I guess I kind of assumed that for this person to be close enough to the scene, they likely had some sort of authority, as LE isn't going to let anyone else back there.

I guess, for me, I sort of deduced SOME sort of validity to the reports because I would think the first assumption would have been that they were brought there alive and killed right there. Something made someone say this wasn't the spot they were killed...and I can't think of a reason to assume this without some evidence to support that...kwim?

On the last thread I remember at least one person and maybe more going to the site where they were found and seeing how far apart they were, as well. I tend to believe they weren't right together but my mind keeps wondering why/why not? It probably doesn't matter that much, but I keep feeling like it might be important.

What vicious predator killed these innocent angels and why?

If the bodies were dumped there, and that is my working theory, then I suspect they were found some 40 feet away from one another because

A) the perp was too tired to trek the second body as far in as the first

or

B) animal activity caused one to be dragged some distance from the other.

My money is on A. right now. I think an ATV with one body strapped to back using the cutout access road to get them that far and then dragged/carried to final resting spot.

This makes me think the murder scene was very close to 7 bridges and the perp may well have made two trips by ATV to the cutout area. First with one body, then the next. First body is carried further in.

Second body is carried not quiet as far in as perp got nervous, lazy or tired after moving the first one to where it was discovered.

I still can't get past the fact that the Collins became heavily involved in activism against child sex predators after the bodies were found.

This despite the obvious and very public bad blood between the two girls mothers.

It would, IMO, have been very easy for the parents of Lizzie Collins to assign blame to Dan, Misty and their lifestyle/associates. It is very telling to me that they did not, but rather, became very vocal in the fight to protect children from sexual predators.

JMO

If the bodies were dumped there, and that is my working theory, then I suspect they were found some 40 feet away from one another because

A) the perp was too tired to trek the second body as far in as the first

or

B) animal activity caused one to be dragged some distance from the other.

My money is on A. right now. I think an ATV with one body strapped to back using the cutout access road to get them that far and then dragged/carried to final resting spot.

This makes me think the murder scene was very close to 7 bridges and the perp may well have made two trips by ATV to the cutout area. First with one body, then the next. First body is carried further in.

Second body is carried not quiet as far in as perp got nervous, lazy or tired after moving the first one to where it was discovered.

Is there a actual atv access trail right to the recovery location? In Cranky's overhead pics it did not appear so.

Why take the risk for the bodies to be seen on an atv? Why dump the bodies using an atv when really, by the pics that I seen, it wasn't really that far in the bush off the trail at all.

I think the perp drove there with the deceased girls in a truck or suv. Maybe even a car. JMO

Playing devils advocate here somewhat

I dunno. Years of trying to match UID's to missing people leads me to assume a body found in a more isolated area was carried, buried, or dumped there.

I think the ATV was used to take one body at a time, possibly under cover of darkness the very night after they were reported missing from a private property that is located just down the way from that turnout access road. I do not think the trip took more than minutes and a child's body on the back of an ATV, covered with a tarp or some other item, would not be obvious or visible in the dark even if someone should pass by. A road need not have ever been used IMO. Most of the travel could have been through fields IMO.

I cannot elaborate further on my pet theory as the murder scene IMO may be a family property associated with a perp who has not been named as a POI by LE and therefore is not sleuthable or discussable in detail or specifics

I think the ATV was used to take one body at a time, possibly under cover of darkness the very night after they were reported missing from a private property that is located just down the way from that turnout access road. I do not think the trip took more than minutes and a child's body on the back of an ATV, covered with a tarp or some other item, would not be obvious or visible in the dark even if someone should pass by. A road need not have ever been used IMO. Most of the travel could have been through fields IMO.

I cannot elaborate further on my pet theory as the murder scene IMO may be a family property associated with a perp who has not been named as a POI by LE and therefore is not sleuthable or discussable in detail or specifics

So your geographical radius on the perp is super tight to the recovery grounds?

I am more inclined to think the perps geographical range is super tight to where 1 of the girls lived or to the park.

I think there is some sort of tie to the recovery grounds by the murderer, either through fishing, hunting or partying as a teen and THAT is why the perp put them there. Yes, he risked driving there. But he had already risked so much and got away with it.

The girl's murderer is of the organized category.

Where is the murder scene?

Jmo

I think there is a great familiarity with seven bridges. I think it was explored a lot in youth. Best way to have that sort of regular access to a forested area like that is to live near enough to get to it during those years of gaining familiarity.

ATV makes sense because young-uns four wheel. they go muddin. they go find woods for keggers and to smoke joints in.

They get real familiar with areas like that near their own stomping grounds.

MOO

I haven't followed this case as closely as many. I've lurked on the threads, but still not as active as the majority of you are. For that I want to thank each of you for not forgetting, and for still keeping the case alive.

Child cases are so very emotionally draining to me. I approach when I can, back away when I can't. So I commend each of you. I just don't know how a parent goes on not knowing. I would be suspicious of every person. I'm not kidding either. Every person I knew that had ever had contact with the girls, every stopped and talked to them, family, strangers, everyone would be suspicious to me. I just can't imagine. In some ways, it's a good thing their bodies were at least found. So many cases that doesn't even happen. But to know that someone took an innocent life, and are still walking around, I just can't....

Huge hugs to each of you. Some clue, some where will solve this case!!! It's gotta!!! Keep up the wonderful work!!!

With those straps, bungy straps?, two bodies could easily have been on an ATV at the same time. Just my opinion, but leaving a body, and coming back would be a huge risk. What if someone heard the ATV, and showed up and found the body before the perp got back to get it??? But there were so many risks involved in this case, that who knows.

I guess in my own imagination, I pictured the girls being transported (after they were killed) in a tarp covered boat attached to a truck, not many people would give a thought to seeing that kind of thing in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee