GUILTY MI - John Balyo & Ronald Moser for raping 11yo boy, Battle Creek, 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/06/feds_wcsg_radio_host_had_handc.html

Federal authorities are confirming that a storage unit rented to former WCSG radio host John Balyo had a "bondage" kit that contained items including handcuffs, chains and duct tape.

Balyo is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving an 11-year-old boy. Police allege he paid a Battle Creek man to arrange for him to have sex with minors.

The "bondage" type items were discovered in a suitcase after a Friday, June 20, search of a Plainfield Township storage unit. Investigators also found a padlock, rubber gloves and children's socks, authorities said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/06/john_balyo_admits_to_sex_assau.html

John Balyo, the former radio host for Christian station WCSG, allegedly admitted to allegations that he sexually assaulted a child under the age of 13, Calhoun County Prosecutor David Gilbert said Monday.

Balyo, 35, of Caledonia, was arraigned Monday, June 23, in Calhoun County District Court on charges of first- and second-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was denied bond...

Homeland Security Investigation agents allege Balyo paid Battle Creek resident Ronald Moser to arrange a sexual encounter with a minor. Federal agents alleged Moser posted explicit photos to a website and demonstrated an interest in trading child *advertiser censored*.

Children's obits and info about missing children....

at least he confessed to it and gave the info about the storage unit....

Children's obits and info about missing children....

at least he confessed to it and gave the info about the storage unit....

He gave consent to the search just means that they didn't have to get a search warrant.

He confessed after he was caught in a 'sting' for one incident -- there could be many others from the sounds of it.

Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.....sad

http://woodtv.com/2014/06/26/all-balyos-contact-with-kids-investigated/

Federal investigators say they have heard from several people who are concerned a longtime Christian radio host accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old may have also targeted their children...

One week after his arrest, authorities said they have received “several” calls from people who worry Balyo may have acted inappropriately with their children. Kenneth Duke, resident agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations, says authorities will investigate every single call — and that’s just the beginning.

“Anywhere he would have been travelling, any time he could have possibly had any type of contact with children, we’re going to investigate that to the best of our ability,” said Duke. “We’re trying to prioritize the most serious ones first, but all of his locations are on the list.”

Host of a Christian radio station? So many of these preps hide behind religion. JMO

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/christian.radio.host.john.balyo.arrested.for.child.sex.abuse.wife.asks.for.donations/38479.htm

The wife of embattled Christian radio host John Balyo is asking for donations after her husband was arrested June 20 on child sex charges.

Bethany Balyo is seeking $50,000 to support her and her son as they deal with court costs, counselling, loss of income, and other hardships stemming from his arrest...

His wife, who married Balyo just seven weeks before his arrest, told her supporters that the events have shattered her life.

what the hell is wrong with people :furious: :cursing:

actually, hell is too good for some :tantrum:

I am not being hard but if they have only been married for 7 weeks it shouldn't be too hard for the wife to revert back to her life before she married him.

My personal feelings are that I could never forgive or make any excuses for someone close to me who sexually interfered with a child. JMOO

I am not being hard but if they have only been married for 7 weeks it shouldn't be too hard for the wife to revert back

<nodding> isn't that the truth............

but instead, she decides to milk the situation :pullhair:

EVERYONE has a fund these days :anguish:

I am not being hard but if they have only been married for 7 weeks it shouldn't be too hard for the wife to revert back to her life before she married him.

My personal feelings are that I could never forgive or make any excuses for someone close to me who sexually interfered with a child. JMOO

I wonder what this guy's plans for his new stepson were. :(

I can't imagine why they need to pay court costs - just get the heck out of there, as others have suggested.

And counseling? Really??

Cut this guy loose and move on.

I wonder how old her son is -- and whether the counseling could at all be for him... ????

In this situation, there are often local community services that could help get her & son back on their feet, help her with job services, etc (we don't know what her situation was prior to them marrying) and she may even be able to get free counseling (or at least for her son). She should probably contact United Way, Soroptomists, etc, for herself & if she has worries that he abused or had started grooming her son then the health department, state mental health board and others could help direct her... Not to mention LE can probably help refer her & son to those services as well.

Going through these routes first would give her & son A LOT more anonymity as this case plays out.

I wonder what this guy's plans for his new stepson were. :(

I can't imagine why they need to pay court costs - just get the heck out of there, as others have suggested.

And counseling? Really??

Cut this guy loose and move on.

I think counselling will be important, they may have onlyu been married 7 weeks but who knows how long they knew each other. Especially for the child, i doubt he was exempt from this creeps attacks even if he hasn't said so yet.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/07/former_christian_radio_host_jo.html

Former Christian radio host John Balyo now faces federal child *advertiser censored* and exploitation charges stemming from alleged incidents involving a 12-year-old boy.

The former radio host for WCSG, a Christian radio station based in Grand Rapids, was charged Wednesday, July 23, with a count each of sexual exploitation of a child and possession of child *advertiser censored*, according to documents filed in U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids...

Balyo, of Caledonia, in June was charged in Calhoun County with first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving an 11-year-old boy in Battle Creek in May. He allegedly admitted to some of the conduct and is jailed without bond.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/08/man_accused_of_setting_up_chil.html

A man who allegedly set up a boy&#8217;s sexual assault by former Christian radio host John Balyo has agreed to plead guilty to federal charges, court records show.

Ronald Lee Moser of Battle Creek is scheduled to plead guilty Tuesday, Aug. 5, in U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids to sexual exploitation of a child and possession of child *advertiser censored*, according to a plea agreement he signed...

When police executed a search warrant on June 5 at Moser&#8217;s home, he was there with a 12-year-old boy, police said. Moser allegedly said he had taken photos of the boy for the previous month.

<nodding> isn't that the truth............

but instead, she decides to milk the situation :pullhair:

EVERYONE has a fund these days :anguish:

I could see asking for some help, donations but putting the number you want at 50k is off putting

She can apply for a pro bono lawyer for the divorce. She doesn't really need the money (MOO) -- how was she supporting herself prior to this marriage of seven weeks.

this is begging or panhandling.....(MOO) the comments on the facebook page from the link upthread about the crowdfunding are fabulous -- more detractors than supporters YET as of today there is $12K raised for her.

She is nearly as bad as her pedophiliac husband. His victims are more worthy than she is, they were only married for seven weeks, so it would be no effort for her to go back to her previous life. (Although we don't know what that was).
She seems to be cashing in for her own advantage, in my opinion.
It may be very embarassing for her, but she under-estimates people's abilities to see his pedo activities as being well hidden from her, and that in my opinion, he probably only married her to hide his pedo activities, although her son maybe what he really married.
Either way her request for money does not look good for her. :no:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back