OK OK - Lisa Addington, 22, Tulsa, 16 May 1984

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
addington_lisa_zpscfc96e13.jpg

NamUs listing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8282/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/addington_lisa.html

Addington was in Tulsa, Oklahoma in May 1984 to prepare for her wedding, which was scheduled for May 19. She was a resident of Dallas, Texas at the time. Addington attended a bachelorette party that a group of friends threw for her during the evening of May 15 at The Great Escape Club on 21st Street and Garnett Road in Tulsa. Her friends departed from the club at approximately midnight, but Addington chose to stay behind and find another ride home.

Addington's friends last saw her speaking to an unidentified Caucasian male inside the club. He was in his mid-twenties with collar-length brown hair parted in the center. The man was approximately 6'0" and 160 pounds with a medium build. He was wearing a green shirt.

Addington never arrived home that evening and has not been heard from again. Tulsa investigators have classified her disappearance as a suspected homicide. Her case remains unsolved.

Lisa is described as a white female, 22 years old, 5'8" tall and 125 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes. Last seen wearing a black, red, and blue plaid shirt with black pants and white knee-high socks.

So very tragic and three days before her wedding. If my memory serves me right, The Great Escape was a good sized place as I went to a concert there sometime in early 1985.

[FONT=&amp] Here is a Tulsa World article from June of 1984.

Mother fears for daughter who disappeared May 16

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]Lisa Addington left home May 16th for her “bachelorette” party.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The 22-year-old Tulsan never returned.She had selected a wedding dress and veil, and invitations had been mailed.The May 26 wedding date has passed and her mother, Donna Addington, remains by the telephone hoping her daughter will call.Mrs. Addington, of 12424 E. 13th St., said she fears harm may have come to her daughter, who last was seen at a southeast Tulsa nightspot.“I don’t want to think the worst,” she said. “I just don’t know.”Addington was seen late the night of May 16, dancing with a man at the Great Escape bar, 2117 S. Garnett Road, Detective Mickey Etheridge said.People at the nightspot, whom police interviewed saId the man appeared to be alone, said Etheridge.People there didn’t know him,” the detective said.Etheridge said Addington’s friends did not notice whether she left alone or with the man.Police have found no evidence of foul play in the woman’s disappearance, Etheridge said.The white man, in his mid-20s, was described as 6 feet tall, and having short brown hair and a fair complection.Mrs. Addington said she reads with fear news accounts of Gary Alan Walker, who is being questioned in four murders and a disappearance.Tulsa police were to question Walker about Addington on Tuesday, but Walker has refused further interviews on the advice of his attorney, an investigator said.Although Walker was free May 16, police have no information to link him to the disappearance of Addington or to rule him out, Etheridge said.Walker is 30, about 6 feet tall, but has long brown hair and a moustache.Addington was upset the night of her party because her fiancé had not found his birth certificate needed to acquire a marriage license, Etheridge said.Mrs. Addington said her daughter has left home before, but “always called to let me know she was all right.”The longest she has been away from home was two weeks, Mrs. Addington said, and a few days after she left, her daughter called to say she was staying with a friend.“She always told me not to worry about her. She said she would never get into a car or go someplace with somebody she did not know.“When she left here, she only had $10 and the clothes she was wearing,” Mrs. Addington said.A 1981 graduate of East Central High School, Addington is “happy-go-lucky and always laughing,” her mother said.She is engaged to marry Donald Bushnell, 29, a former Tulsan now living in Dallas.Bushnell’s mother, Connie Brewer, said her son has received no calls from Addington.She said the lost birth certificate was not a problem which would have delayed the wedding.Addington is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 125 pounds. She has brown hair and green eyes.She was wearing a black blouse with a red, blue, and white plad design and black crushed velvet slacks.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

The whole "stay at the club and find another ride home" just runs all over me. Was she planning to meet another man there and leave with him?
I always thought that since her home wasn't located too far from the nightclub and also being in the area she grew up in and around, Lisa had enough comfort level to try and catch a ride home. But I can't help but think she stayed to hook up with someone.

Last edited:

Missing over 39 years...​

addington_lisa.jpg
addington_lisa2.jpg

Lisa Karen Addington, age 22
  • Missing Since 05/16/1984
  • Missing From Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/14/1962 (61)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black, red, and blue plaid shirt, black velveteen, pants, white knee-high socks, gray and white sneakers, and rings. Carrying a purse.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Addington's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Addington was in Tulsa, Oklahoma in May 1984 to prepare for her wedding, which was scheduled for May 19. She was a resident of Dallas, Texas at the time.

Addington attended a bachelorette party that a group of friends threw for her during the evening of May 15 at The Great Escape Club on 21st Street and Garnett Road in Tulsa. Her friends departed from the club at approximately midnight, but Addington chose to stay behind and find another ride home.

Addington's friends last saw her speaking to an unidentified Caucasian male inside the club. He was about 6'0 and 160 pounds with a medium build, and was in his mid-twenties with collar-length brown hair parted in the center. He was wearing a green shirt.

Addington never arrived home that evening and has not been heard from again. Tulsa investigators have classified her disappearance as a suspected homicide. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Tulsa Police Department 918-596-9222

Source Information​

MISSING SINCE:05/16/1984SEX:Female
DOB:01/14/1962RACE:White
HEIGHT:5' 8"EYES:Green
WEIGHT:125 lbs.HAIR:Brown
CLOTHING:Black pants, black, red and blue plaid shirt, and white knee-hi socks.
JEWELRY:Four turquoise rings on left hand.
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE:Yes
Lisa was last seen on May 16, 1984 in Tulsa, OK.
Contact
AGENCY:Tulsa (OK) Police Department
PHONE NUMBER:(918) 596-9222
CASE NUMBER:612518

addington_lisa.jpg

Lisa Karen Addington was 22 years old when she was last seen in Tulsa in 1984.

Lisa was in Tulsa from Dallas, Texas preparing for her wedding which was scheduled for May 19th. On the evening of May 15th 1984, Lisa was out with friends for her bachelorette party. Lisa and her friends went to The Great Escape Club at 21st Street and Garnett Road.

Lisa’s friends left the club at midnight but Lisa stayed behind. She told her friends she would find a ride home. Lisa was last seen talking to a Caucasian male approximately 6’0” and a 160 pounds. he was of medium build, mid-twenties with brown collar length brown hair parted down the middle. He was wearing green shirt. Lisa never made it home and has never been seen since. Tulsa Police Department have treat Lisa’s disappearance as a suspected homicide.

When Lisa was last seen she was 5’8” tall, 125-130 pounds, shoulder length brown hair, she has green eyes. Lisa was last seen wearing Black velveteen pants, a black, red and blue plaid shirt, white knee high socks, and grey and white tennis shoes.

If you have any information please contact the Tulsa Police Department at 918-596-9222.
1693476206740.jpeg

I have the impression of two possibilities... she was really kidnapped against her will and murdered or the one I'm more inclined to believe is that she ran away with the man from the bar, the one in the green shirt... I don't know what her future husband would be like... maybe She regretted the marriage or she had a lover, someone special, I don't know...the man offered her a new life but she had to leave everything and leave immediately...maybe she lives in another country...a beautiful young woman ...
I think she may be alive and if not...
she rest in peace

Staying behind after midnight with no ride home unfortunately put Lisa in a vulnerable and possibly dangerous situation. From a few articles I've read suggest her fiancé may have had cold feet, but she wanted to move forward with the marriage. Bodies even after 30-40 years, have a way of turning up or being discovered. So that would give thought of her of being a literal runaway bride.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back