GA GA - Conyers, BlkMale UP8689, 15-27, hanged near vacant house, Dec'10

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received a facebook message from a woman from Georgia who told me about having submitted a possible match on a UID case that has not gotten much attention. Her possible match (Tavis McAlmont) was ruled out, although he is not listed as a rule-out on the UID's NamUs page.

She showed me a facial reconstruction of this guy that I had not seen before, and is not in the NamUs page: So I am starting a thread. NamUs does not indicate his race, but the recon clearly depicts a black male.

NamUs UP # 8689 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8689

attachment.php

Unidentified Black Male

Found December 17, 2010 at 2491 Hempshire Cove, Conyers (Rockdale County) Georgia.

Vital Stats
Estimated Age: 15-27 years
Height: 66 inches (5 feet 6 inches)

Condition
Body Parts Inventory: All Parts Recovered
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Probable Year of Death: 2009-2010

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing: Brown Pants, Red Boxer Shorts, (2) brown shoes​

Circumstances of death
Likely suicide. Remains found near a house that had been vacant for 2 years. Remains were directly below a hose tied into a noose and a chair that was turned over.​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dental: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete​

Exclusions
Tavis McAlmont https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21580/149

Attachments

• 2010 Rockdale GA John Doe.jpg
    2010 Rockdale GA John Doe.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 181
Noting Namus says this UID died up to two years before he was found, so possibly deceased as early as Dec 2008.

Orlando Jordan (39) has features that are similar to JD, imo. Although location is close at less than an hour and height is spot on, he is 12 years older than JD's 15-27 yo age estimate. Orlando disappeared in Aug 2008. JD's est YOD is 2009-2010. Note that the house where JD's remains were located was vacant in 2008. Could JD's age estimate be off by 12 years or am I trying too hard?:confused: :oops:;)

orlandojordan2.jpg

Orlando Jordan – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
orlandojordan2

NamUs #UP8689
2 Exclusions:
MP22907 Brandon Alexander 11/22/2008 DeKalb GA
MP21580 Tavis McAlmont 01/25/2009 Fulton GA

Orlando Jordan (39) has features that are similar to JD, imo. Although location is close at less than an hour and height is spot on, he is 12 years older than JD's 15-27 yo age estimate. Orlando disappeared in Aug 2008. JD's est YOD is 2009-2010. Note that the house where JD's remains were located was vacant in 2008. Could JD's age estimate be off by 12 years or am I trying too hard?:confused: :oops:;)

orlandojordan2.jpg

Orlando Jordan – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
orlandojordan2

NamUs #UP8689
2 Exclusions:
MP22907 Brandon Alexander 11/22/2008 DeKalb GA
MP21580 Tavis McAlmont 01/25/2009 Fulton GA
I don’t think you’re reaching. I also don’t think the 12 years is even a huge deal. I definitely see a resemblance and the location and fact that the house was vacant at the time he would have ended up there is interesting. I think it’s a good find, worth submitting.

I don’t think you’re reaching. I also don’t think the 12 years is even a huge deal. I definitely see a resemblance and the location and fact that the house was vacant at the time he would have ended up there is interesting. I think it’s a good find, worth submitting.

I wonder about the history of the home's address and whether Orlando had any connections there. Orlando lived near Alpharetta, GA, which is kind of an uppity area as is the Conyers neighborhood where JD was discovered. If JD committed suicide, which is suspected, it seems to me there's a good reason he chose that particular home or neighborhood, imo.

Ty for replying, @MadMcGoo! I'll send off an email tomorrow. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back