GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mos *** MEDIA LINKS *** NO DISCUSSION***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSChook

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

Initially, Justin Ross Harris, 33, told Cobb County police that he accidentally left his toddler son in his SUV on Wednesday. According to police, Harris told them he had forgotten to drop the child off at a daycare center, before going to work.

Harris initially told police he realized that he'd left the boy strapped in his car seat as he drove home Wednesday afternoon.

"He kept saying, 'What have I done? What have I done?'" Dale Hamilton told CNN affiliate WSB-TV.

"Within moments of the first responders getting to the scene and doing their job and questions began to be asked about the moments that led up to their arrival at the scene, some of those answers were not making sense to the first responders," Pierce of Cobb County Police said.

On Thursday, Harris pleaded not guilty to felony murder and cruelty to children charges. He's being held without bond at the Cobb County Jail.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/authorities-searched-dead-toddlers-fathers-office-/ngP33/

Posted: 6:45 p.m. Friday, June 20, 2014
Authorities searched dead toddler’s father’s office before arrest

Search warrants were executed at the Home Depot office where Justin Ross Harris worked and where he told police he was when he forgot his toddler was strapped into his carseat,

Channel 2 Action News reported Friday. Details about what was found have not been released.
But within five hours of young Cooper Harris being declared dead in a shopping center parking lot Wednesday afternoon, his father was arrested and charged with felony murder and cruelty to children.

Ross Harris, 33, of Marietta, was arrested at 10 p.m. Wednesday night and was denied bond Thursday night due to the seriousness of the charges

Harris will remain in the Cobb County jail without bond until at least July 15, when he’s scheduled to again stand before a Superior Court judge.

Much more at link regarding petitions and other info

"Police said Harris did not cooperate when they tried to question him at the scene. They said they had to handcuff him before taking him to police headquarters for further questioning."

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

Didn't cooperate or was unable to?
That seems like an odd statement, and they had to put him in cuffs? Why? Do police have to cuff you just to take you to the station to question you? I grew up on Cobb County. I've never known them to do that.
Sounds to me like red flags were already there that this was no accident.
Moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/
bbm/cbm

"The father is charged with felony murder and cruelty to children."
=====================================================

This takes away any of my doubt about the dad being charged with a very very serious crime and IMOO LE knows exactly what happened to the baby.

Autopsy results may answer questions in toddler’s death

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/autopsy-results-may-answer-questions-in-toddlers-d/ngQwF/
When she saw a man pulling his toddler out of the backseat of an SUV, a Cobb County woman said she knew right away something was wrong. The boy wasn’t the right color and didn’t appear to be breathing, the witness told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“I knew something was wrong,” Artiyka Eastland, 25, of Smyrna, said Monday afternoon. “I didn’t want to get too close. I was emotional, just from afar.”
Eastland was eating in a restaurant Wednesday afternoon when she went outside, planning to plug her cellphone in inside her car. That’s when she heard the sound of screeching tires and watched helplessly as a man got out of his SUV and frantically tried to revive his 22-month-old son. Others in the busy parking lot also tried to help, but it was too late.

Other direct quotes from Pierce include:

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN.

SNIP

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

SNIP

"Within moments of the first responders getting to the scene and doing their job and questions began to be asked about the moments that led up to their arrival at the scene, some of those answers were not making sense to the first responders,"

SNIP

"We have been in communication with the mother throughout the investigation. At this time, I'm not at liberty to discuss her involvement. That's a part of the case our detectives are working on,"

SNIP

"I cannot confirm that the child, as originally reported, was in the car at 9 a.m."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/

Watching WSB-TV's 6:00 newscast. The reporter stated during the news story that:

Investigators quickly backtracked Harris's movements that day, serving search warrants on Home Depot, gathering info that showed the story didn't quite add up. That at some point during the day Harris had contact with his car and should have seen his son at that time.

So, I guess this means LE has security footage showing JRH going to his vehicle sometime during the work day. I wonder if the camera angle allows LE to be certain JRH would've seen his son from whatever vantage point he had? IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46