The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10 - Trial Day 11 - Trial Day 12

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

Happy Birthday Allison.

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears,
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years.
Think how she must be wishing
That we could know today,
How nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away.
And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched,
For nothing loved is ever lost
And she was loved so much.
....................Kirsten Preus

Happy birthday Alison!
Wow, just caught up on yesterday's events, I've been reading furiously to get through 60 odd pages!!! Nothing to add, my views still haven't changed since day 1- and he's even proven himself to be a liar under oath..... One thing I don't get- what did any of these women see in this guy??? Seriously?????
Thanks in advance again for keeping us up to date with the twitter feeds etc! On the road to Sydney today so will have to catch up tonight!

The plea was 'not guilty'. We have to expect the accused to maintain the charade while under the guidance of his silk. After all, he's trying to get himself off.
If he is guilty, then even the plea is a lie - it's one lie after another. GBC's a consummate professional in that dept. So he's not going to stand up in court and tell the truth, DW.

Prosecutor yet to rise... keep the faith... :worms:

You have lured me out of lurkdom with that collective thanks from the Greatest Hits of Websleuths! To put it in GBCspeak, nobody ever thanks me. I was a bit touched. *Tears*

Two things:

'There were occasions when I was effectively sleeping with Toni for the sake of the business.' It's fair to say then, if that's true, that you probably weren't doing it right?

Secondly, and to be fair to the accused, we're not reading transcript here, but it seems that to date, he has answered that he doesn't know, or can't recall, in response to two important questions only:

1. He cannot state with certainty the last occasion upon which he saw/was 'intimate with' his mistress in 2012; and
2. He does not know how he arrived at today's date in his, by his own admission, empty promise.

This is in stark contrast to the level of detail provided regarding far less significant matters. He cannot have it both ways. He'd have been better off doing the Carmen Lawrence/can't recall defence in its entirety and letting the jurors form their own view about that, OR being brutally honest (not faux honest) about EVERYTHING.

My mother always advised me (as mothers are wont to do) that you should never put in writing anything you wouldn't want the whole world to read. This is particularly true in an electronic age. I believe that the '1 July' (and, heartbreakingly for ALL, here we are, two years on) email could be his undoing. It either WAS his Grand Plan to have his dire situation 'sorted' by then, or he is an habitual liar who makes for a thoroughly unreliable witness. Either way, that email is a major problem for him and it just cannot be explained away.

I have sat through so many (admittedly only civil) trials, as an instructing solicitor, furiously scribbling notes as witnesses give their versions. I can honestly say I have never heard or read such bizarre, unstructured testimony. I have to keep reminding myself that this evidence is being led IN HIS OWN DEFENCE. If you stumbled (squeezed) into that Court yesterday by accident, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the star witness for the prosecution. Please note that in saying that, I am NOT criticising his lawyers (because you just know that if he is convicted, he sure will: 'they just stopped working/passed out/I was doing everything'). I have a very high opinion of, in particular, his solicitor. They can only work with what they've got.

Still hoping, against hope, that there is an explanation for the death of a beloved mother other than that a supremely selfish person backed into a corner lost his temper, or that murder was seen as an expedient means of solving myriad, serious personal and professional problems.

Happy birthday, Allison June Baden-Clay. It is a tragedy that you are not here to share it with those who loved you so. You, your experiences and the very many lessons you have taught us will not be forgotten.

Sorry Marlywings...I swore....You have enough to do without checking on me...lol...xxxxx

Is it possible that GBC told his Gorgeous Girl mistress - during the 'lay low' conversation - that he would say all kinds of awful stuff about her, but not to worry as he needed to do it so that he could be free to come to her?

Maybe that's why she said so little? Maybe it is part of the plot?

You have lured me out of lurkdom with that collective thanks from the Greatest Hits of Websleuths! To put it in GBCspeak, nobody ever thanks me. I was a bit touched. *Tears*

Two things:

'There were occasions when I was effectively sleeping with Toni for the sake of the business.' It's fair to say then, if that's true, that you probably weren't doing it right?

Secondly, and to be fair to the accused, we're not reading transcript here, but it seems that to date, he has answered that he doesn't know, or can't recall, in response to two important questions only:

1. He cannot state with certainty the last occasion upon which he saw/was 'intimate with' his mistress in 2012; and
2. He does not know how he arrived at today's date in his, by his own admission, empty promise.

This is in stark contrast to the level of detail provided regarding far less significant matters. He cannot have it both ways. He'd have been better off doing the Carmen Lawrence/can't recall defence in its entirety and letting the jurors form their own view about that, OR being brutally honest (not faux honest) about EVERYTHING.

My mother always advised me (as mothers are wont to do) that you should never put in writing anything you wouldn't want the whole world to read. This is particularly true in an electronic age. I believe that the '1 July' (and, heartbreakingly for ALL, here we are, two years on) email could be his undoing. It either WAS his Grand Plan to have his dire situation 'sorted' by then, or he is an habitual liar who makes for a thoroughly unreliable witness. Either way, that email is a major problem for him and it just cannot be explained away.

I have sat through so many (admittedly only civil) trials, as an instructing solicitor, furiously scribbling notes as witnesses give their versions. I can honestly say I have never heard or read such bizarre, unstructured testimony. I have to keep reminding myself that this evidence is being led IN HIS OWN DEFENCE. If you stumbled (squeezed) into that Court yesterday by accident, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the star witness for the prosecution. Please note that in saying that, I am NOT criticising his lawyers (because you just know that if he is convicted, he sure will: 'they just stopped working/passed out/I was doing everything'). I have a very high opinion of, in particular, his solicitor. They can only work with what they've got.

Still hoping, against hope, that there is an explanation for the death of a beloved mother other than that a supremely selfish person backed into a corner lost his temper, or that murder was seen as an expedient means of solving myriad, serious personal and professional problems.

Happy birthday, Allison June Baden-Clay. It is a tragedy that you are not here to share it with those who loved you so. You, your experiences and the very many lessons you have taught us will not be forgotten.

:seeya: Nice to see you back! His testimony truly is bizarre, isn't it? I agree whole heartedly with the two points GBC couldn't answer. Yet he can remember multiple trivial thing such as eating a toblerone?

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 1m

The public gallery in Court 11, where the trial is being held, will be for family and friends #badenclay

So happy to read that!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 31m

New court arrangements. Public today told to go the big Banco court, 250 seats, to view the trial on screens #badenclay

Totally off-topic and irrelevant, but for those who follow such things and love unsolved mysteries - Allison's birthday today is also shared by Princess Di

Happy Birthday Allison, you should be here to celebrate with your beautiful family & girls.

images

Happy Birthday sweet Allison.

Here's hoping for a Cancerian theme to the day with prosecution scuttling round to attack from all sides and getting their crab claws into the truth and not letting go.

Happy Birthday Allison, you should be here to celebrate with your beautiful family & girls.

images

couldn't remember tm birthday wonder if he can remember Al's couldn't or is just the day he would be with tm

Two things:

Yes, Her Honour!

Hopefully today is a poignant, watershed day.

The lies have been spilled, the omissions highlighted.

Time for the Prosecution to show the jury that anything that comes out of the defendant's mouth should be taken with a grain of salt...

(and some anti-nausea medication)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members