Robert Downey Jr son Indio arrested; cocaine possession

hopingicanhelp

Reaction score
Downey Jr. sent a statement to ABC News, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”

Link to ABC

Hopefully having a father who struggled himself will help Indio.

Monkey see monkey do.

Cocaine is God's way of telling you you have too much money.

Downey Jr. sent a statement to ABC News, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”

Link to ABC

Hopefully having a father who struggled himself will help Indio.

Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease
b) genetics do have effect (NOT a for sure you will get it if your parents have it, but certainly more predisposition just like diabetes, cancer, etc)

Hopefully Indio will hit hiw bottom, like his father did, and become a sober member of civil society.

This is so darn sad .. at least his father has been through it himself and can be a guide .. glad he was caught, it will help him long term. I'm no angel myself, but a disposition towards addiction can be a terrible thing.

oH MAN! Certain addictions are genetic, imo.

Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease

b) genetics do have effect (NOT a for sure you will get it if your parents have it, but certainly more predisposition just like diabetes, cancer, etc)

Hopefully Indio will hit hiw bottom, like his father did, and become a sober member of civil society.

With my family history and the life I have led, along with some of my closest family, I absolutely people are dispositioned to addiction. Someday the world will get that. I like to believe we are getting there.

I know this is a volatile subject. But I believe the above with all my being. Hope no one has to experience the loss of a very loved one from alcohol or drugs.

Thanks. O4J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease

I completely agree EXCEPT I hope that Indio can clean up WITHOUT having to experience rock bottom... I'm really hoping he's not too far "in" yet... fingers crossed

I completely agree EXCEPT I hope that Indio can clean up WITHOUT having to experience rock bottom... I'm really hoping he's not too far "in" yet... fingers crossed

As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you no one, no one ever recovers without hitting rock bottom, whatever rock bottom means for each of us. For some it's pretty tame,for others it is intense and dangerous. And if Indio is anything like dad, he has a ways to go in his own journey through addiction and -hopefully- recovery. Prayers.

Sad. It's not even a monkey see, monkey do type thing - apparently Robert Downey Sr. also struggled with addiction. That's a tough family legacy. Here's hoping he's able to get sober and stick with it, without having to struggle as much as his father did.

Indio is such a pretty name...a really handsome young man as well. I wish him all the best. A tough one though...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back