GUILTY MI - Rebekah 'Becky' Bletsch, 36, Muskegon County, 29 June 2014

tjdegoed3

Reaction score
A disturbing news story of a local woman who was found by a nurse dying on the side of the road. Police originally thought she had been hit by a car or thrown out of a car, but now have said bullet casings were found and she died by a gunshot wound. The article states her husband has a strong alibi.

http://woodtv.com/2014/06/29/fatal-hit-and-run-in-muskegon-county/

Also this is not far from where Jessica Heeringa was last seen at the gas station.

Her slaying, apparently while she was walking or jogging, remained a complete mystery Monday morning.

Investigators are looking at several theories, including the possibility it was a "random crime of opportunity," Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler said at a news conference Monday, June 30.

The victim's husband and 11-year-old daughter were out of town at the time Bletsch was killed, Roesler said. He said the husband is not a suspect.

She had valuables on her person when found, making it unlikely robbery was the motive, the sheriff said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/06/task_force_forming_to_investig.html

It is still looking like a random act of killing. It makes me wonder how it can ever be solved.

Disgusting. Just another thrill killing pulled off by some useless thugs. This will turn out to be either a gang initiation or a dare. This is almost identical to what happened to the bicyclist from Australia not long ago.

It is still looking like a random act of killing. It makes me wonder how it can ever be solved.

Welcome to Websleuths, Bonnette!

:wagon:

That poor woman...

I bet it's a serial killer.

Hopefully some evidence will still turn up, even if it is a random killing. :please: How awful for her and her family. I hope justice is served.

Sometimes it will surprise you when it all shakes out and the truth is known.
Very early to draw conclusions !!!

This is in my county, where we have lost several people to gunshots in just this past week! I don't know w.t.h.
is going on. They all seem to be unrelated.

bizarre

I know they say the husband is not a suspect but it's awfully convenient that he was out of town with his daughter

where were they I wonder? and how long ago was the excursion planned? and did Becky regularly walk/run along this same route at this same time? if so, who knew this? who did she last text/talk to? are there any neighbours who might have surveillance video? is there any chance she was having an affair? or he was?? hate to think of that but we all know anything's possible

I don't get the random/spree/serial/thrill feeling from this at all - I think it was well-planned and I think the motive will be personal

bizarre

I know they say the husband is not a suspect but it's awfully convenient that he was out of town with his daughter

where were they I wonder? and how long ago was the excursion planned? and did Becky regularly walk/run along this same route at this same time? if so, who knew this? who did she last text/talk to? are there any neighbours who might have surveillance video? is there any chance she was having an affair? or he was?? hate to think of that but we all know anything's possible

I don't get the random/spree/serial/thrill feeling from this at all - I think it was well-planned and I think the motive will be personal

Becky's sister said the husband and daughter went to a vacation cabin to mow the yard and get things ready for the 4th of July holiday. Yes, it was said this was her usual route but often did it with her daughter. Becky's sister said she had no enemies, no marriage problems, etc. While we like to think the best, I don't think anyone else knows what is really going on in someone else's life. Everyone has a secret or two or three. On JVM I believe there was some discussion about texts but I have forgotten now what was said. Wish I would have recorded it.

One talking head said she thought it was a hit and this wasn't the killer's first.

I guess it was 3 murders, four shootings, in Muskegon this week. Two of the shootings, gang related. A fairly new summer activity around here unfortunately. A third, shot chasing after someone who stole his brother's car. And Becky.

http://fox17online.com/2014/07/01/t...e-reveal-motorcyclist-was-shot/#axzz36GSZzOIP

Very disturbing. I read a comment that gangs have been getting very bad in the Muskegon area. Could it have been an initiation murder? Sickening either way.

Very disturbing. I read a comment that gangs have been getting very bad in the Muskegon area. Could it have been an initiation murder? Sickening either way.

If it's gangs, they are moving out of the inner city. It's possible, but I'd be surprised. The gang crime is pretty concentrated in Muskegon Heights and downtown city of Muskegon.

Whatever is going on there, it sure is evil. I think they're connected somehow. moo

Muskegon County Undersheriff Dan Stout said Silent Observer is offering $2,500 in reward money for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved in her death. Stout said that reward amount will likely "go up" in the coming days if the crime isn't solved soon.

call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau at 231-724-6658 or Muskegon County Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME or its website atwww.silentobservermuskegon.com. People can also anonymously text MKGTIP and their message to 274637 (CRIMES on most cell phones).

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/07/reward_money_offered_for_infor_2.html

I doubt very much this was random. I work in Whitehall, a few miles from where she was shot, and the people I talk to ( who do not know her... just speculating) feel it was personal. I expect there is a story here. Not sure what. But sounds from the news that this is her usual run. There were more than one shell casing as well... so who ever shot her did not just fire once as they passed her. ( which if it were just random, I would expect. Doubt they would stick around till they hit her. I wonder if she were found right at the shoulder of the road, or further in ( as if she were running from someone when she was shot) Although I know nothing about her, <modsnip> it was her usual route, and as I understand it, her usual time of day to run. Hope they solve it soon. But I dont believe it has anything to do with the other shootings in Muskegon which appear to be gang / crime related. Just having another bad summer already...

I doubt very much this was random. I work in Whitehall, a few miles from where she was shot, and the people I talk to ( who do not know her... just speculating) feel it was personal. I expect there is a story here. Not sure what. But sounds from the news that this is her usual run. There were more than one shell casing as well... so who ever shot her did not just fire once as they passed her. ( which if it were just random, I would expect. Doubt they would stick around till they hit her. I wonder if she were found right at the shoulder of the road, or further in ( as if she were running from someone when she was shot) Although I know nothing about her, <modsnip> it was her usual route, and as I understand it, her usual time of day to run. Hope they solve it soon. But I dont believe it has anything to do with the other shootings in Muskegon which appear to be gang / crime related. Just having another bad summer already...

I respectfully disagree. I can unload my 9 mm pistol in a matter of seconds. (12 bullets). If a car slowed way down and fired rapid shots, multiple shell casings would be found in the general vicinity. I'll include a link to a video which shows the shell casings circled on the pavement. To me this could show a vehicle in movement the way they are scattered around. There were numerous casings found, but only one bullet was found in her head. I think this was a drive-by killing, most likely random. They simply missed with the majority of the shots, probably due to being in motion.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/young-mother-mysteriously-killed-jogging-24393690

Lots of theories, but no leads, and what caused this wife and mother to be killed while out for a run. The death of 36-year-old Rebecca bletch was thought to be a hit and run, now a homicide. Evidence pointed us in the other direction.

This quiet country road, less than a pile from her Michigan home. They found multiple shell casings near her body, and upon further investigation, a small bullet wound. The wife and mother had been shot in the head.

No scenario can make sense, can bring any kind of understanding to what transpired. Reporter: Police say her last contact with a family member was around 5:00 P. M.

A little over an hour later, the couple who discovered her body called 911. The physical therapist found along the same path she was regular ly jogged. The way she was dressed, she was getting some exercise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back