Deceased/Not Found DE - Nefertiri Trader, 33, New Castle, 29 June 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
NerfertiriTrader_zpseab6143c.jpg

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/25913167/new-castle-police-investigating-possible-abduction-of-female

New Castle County Police are investigating the possible abduction of 33-year-old Nefertiri Trader of Saddlebrook.

Police received a call from a family member reporting a missing person around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.

Officers arrived to find that Trader and her car had not been seen since 4:00 a.m. Monday morning, and are now considering the circumstances of her disappearance suspicious.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25913167/new-castle-police-investigating-possible-abduction-of-female

Nefertiri is described as a black female, 5'6" tall, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen in her silver 2000 Acura RL with DE registration.

Video at link:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/07/01/new-castle-county-police-search-for-missing-woman-who-may-have-been-taken-from-her-home/

Police say based on an eyewitness report 33-year-old Nefertiri Trader was taken from her New Castle Home on Freedom Trail at about 4 a.m. Monday.

The eyewitness is neighbor Joe Robinson who filled in the blanks with haunting detail starting with a scream. “It was loud enough to wake us up.”

When Robinson got to the window, he says he saw Trader, who appeared limp, unconscious, being thrown into her silver Acura, before driving off. “He was dragging her. She wasn’t moving or anything.”

the neighbor witnessed all this and didn't immediately call police? He watched a guy in a hoodie drag his unconsious neighbor our of her house at 4am and didn't call police - am I getting that right?

He used her car so ....I wonder how he got there - he either left his car behind or got there on foot? Is the area accessible by public transit? otherwise it sounds like he was local....

Trader is a single mother of three who works in housekeeping at Christiana Hospital. Her family hasn't heard a word from her since she was last seen getting a pack of cigarettes at a 7-Eleven near her home. Then, she was seen struggling with a man wearing a hoodie on her front porch around 4 a.m. Monday.

“There's no indication right now that this has anything to do with domestic violence,” said Officer Duffy.

Relatives say it's very unlike Trader to just allow anyone at her home, they speculate that she must have known whoever approached her on the front porch. She normally doesn't hang with anybody that late at night unless she knows him,” said William.

Police are looking for surveillance video of Trader at the 7-Eleven. Family members say they're not trying to unravel the mystery behind her disappearance, their main focus is bringing Trader home safe.

Police say there’s no indication that her phone or credit cards have been used.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/25918940/new-castle-county-police-investigate-possible-abduction

wow! if that neighbor is to be believed *side eye* he's something else.

There are two scenarios here. 1. She was seen struggling with a man in a hoodie.
2. She appeared limp and unconscious.

I presume both of these descriptions were given by the next door neighbour.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, what is wrong with the neighbour that this didn't warrent an immediate call to police? JMOO

There are two scenarios here. 1. She was seen struggling with a man in a hoodie.
2. She appeared limp and unconscious.

I presume both of these descriptions were given by the next door neighbour.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, what is wrong with the neighbour that this didn't warrent an immediate call to police? JMOO

There is definitely some info missing here - and yes, why didn't the neighbor call police immediately. In one news article, it said the neighbor was alarmed when s/he heard a scream and as a result ran to the window to find her being dragged to her car - limp and unresponsive. (That would have been a really good time to call police :banghead:).

Was the abductor known to the neighbor....and there was a fear factor associated with him so the neighbor did not want to get involved...but then why come forward after the fact?

Also - it says she was a single-parent of three children...how old and where were they/who was watching them?

How did this person get into her car - did he take her keys and figure out which one was hers/did or did he follow her home from 7-eleven? Originally, I had thought he was in the house and things turned violent but now it sounds like she was approached outside.

I hope more details are released and that a FB page is created for her so that people can post it to their own to raise more awareness.

Gold Alert issued.

From the link above:
<snipped>

33-year-old Nefertiri Trader was last seen at approximately 4:00 p.m. Monday when a witness saw her being forced into her vehicle - a silver 2000 Acura RL with Delaware Registration 404893

BBM

<snipped>

The neighbor says the person who forced Nefertiri into the car had on tan pants and a hooded sweatshirt.

I wonder if there were more than one witness to Nefertiri's abduction. The witness in the link above doesn't say she was limp and unresponsive. It says she was speaking to someone before she was forced into her vehicle.

Have LE checked her credit and ATM cards to see if they've been used since she's gone missing?

Quote from Nefertiri's cousin, William, who lives at the same address:
"The whole thing that threw me off when I got off [work], here was a loaf of bread on the floor, on the ground, and her shoes and a pack of cigarettes was on the porch. And that's just not her. She would call you, like, 'I'm leaving some cigarettes here.' Anything like that. And she didn't call nobody. Her phone was off."
BBM
<snipped>
http://6abc.com/news/search-continues-for-woman-taken-from-del-home/150250/

Apparently, she's not wearing shoes. They were left on the porch.

Wonder if she had issues with a past relationship? Otherwise this sounds like a robbery /abduction. i think 7 eleven was going to be contacted for their surveillance video in case he followed her.

if it was an ex - he could have been waiting on the porch. Hope they can get a record of phone calls quickly.

nothing new today :(

Hope she's ok .....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie