Trouble posting is getting me down!

Jovin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Practically EVERY TIME I hit preview or post...I get that darned "invalid link" and so on.

I have to start all over, and it's very infuriating. What I'm doing most of the time now is copying my post into a new e-mail before I try to post it. That way when I lose it at WS, I just copy it from the new e-mail I've started.

My question is this: Is anyone else having this happen as often as I am? I've had this happen in the past of course, but never so often! I always put it down to maybe someone posting at exactly the same time to the same thread?

Any answers, anyone?

thankyoubutterflies3.gif
Wednesdaytoilet.bmp
TryTryAgainLadySmilie.gif

Jovin, I have never had a problem like that - I can't imagine what could be causing it. :(

Casshew said:
Jovin, I have never had a problem like that - I can't imagine what could be causing it. :(

Well, I do know that someone else mentioned it here before, but I don't know who it was, or what the reply was. It's just so irritating! I really thought I was being punished for being "bad" different times, but then I read where others had the problem too.

It's probably a personal problem maybe with our own computers...don't know, but it's so awful!

Another thing when I try to click "bold" or something when doing a post...lots of times, it jumps me back up to the beginning of the post and nothing is bolded...so I do THAT over and over.

Do I have a ghost in my computer?

Wednesdaytoilet.bmp

when replying to the Natalee Holloway thread and also to this one...I didn't copy the first three...but I did this one..

I'll do this one more time and then that's it.

Hi ya Jovin!! I think the comments made by other posters about the same problem and some ways to rectify it were made in your thread topic "I'm back from a self imposed....".

I actually experienced this same trouble on another site. Everytime I hit post I'd get a notification it was 'invalid' or whatever and it would have disappeared!!! I feel your pain :)

It turns out I wasn't logged in and so, got an invalid notice.

I hope you get this resolved!! In other news...the heat wave is over!! Yay!!!

Neptune'sMom said:
Hi ya Jovin!! I think the comments made by other posters about the same problem and some ways to rectify it were made in your thread topic "I'm back from a self imposed....".

I actually experienced this same trouble on another site. Everytime I hit post I'd get a notification it was 'invalid' or whatever and it would have disappeared!!! I feel your pain :)

It turns out I wasn't logged in and so, got an invalid notice.

I hope you get this resolved!! In other news...the heat wave is over!! Yay!!!

Thanks, I do remember that being mentioned now, but I AM logged in, so it's not the problem. I suppose maybe it's a personal computer problem, but I don't know!
jovin_frustration.gif

So sorry you're having a problem. Are you using AOL? XP with all updates? Have you checked Security Settings lately? Using default ones, or maybe higher? Maybe some conflict with xMission's?

Some of us are not getting our email notifications, since about DS time change. We're stumped and just hoping the fall time change may bix that problem. Welcome to the club.

At Purgatory, someone said the owner has a hold on new peoples' posts, so I know of at least one person that can't get her stuff to post so far, but I know you're not new. Camper also had a similar problem and said that Tricia suggested cleaning out cookies twice, and that worked for her. I always like to protect a few cookies, or you have to log in again everywhere.

Your Edit Options page checked and okayed at the bottom? Good luck.

No, I don't have AOL and I don't run XP. I have Cable light internet and Windows ME. I don't know what XMission is, but it's probably to do with XP?

I do regular scans of ALL KINDS and security and is checked also. I just upgraded an IE Security patch yesterday from Microsoft...MAYBE THEY SCREWED ME UP AGAIN..it sure wouldn't be the first time.

I'm getting my e-mail notifications, but in the past there have been times when I haven't. And no, I'm not new, but may be on a "tread carefully" list, if there is such a thing!
loved20that.gif

I have cleaned out my cache....done all the system things....to clean up too.

Your Edit Options page checked and okayed at the bottom? Good luck.
I'm not sure what you mean..will have to check that out.

Thanks for all the suggestions, Eagle.....I really appreciate it.

catboxjovin.gif

Im having the same problem..have no idea why it happens.

Jovin said:
Well, I do know that someone else mentioned it here before, but I don't know who it was, or what the reply was.
I believe it was Camper who was having the same problem. Maybe you could PM her to find out if she is still having difficulties.

Timex said:
Im having the same problem..have no idea why it happens.

It's so aggravating, but it's been better lately. (I think) We'll see how this post goes.

Yes, I do remember Camper did do better after she cleared her cache, if I remember correctly, but that's not my problem apparently. I've already done that.

Thanks for your feedback, ladies.

JovinBlueBugNameTag.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie