GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10 - Trial Day 11 - Trial Day 12 - Trial Day 13 - Trial Day 14

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

DEAD SET! it happened - He is fighting for his life - he will do whatever it takes! That journalist that attempted to speak to the jury was probably on his payroll. A few words from GBC to help the jury out with all this terrible truth that he has to reveal from Prosecutor Fuller.

I think he also wanted help from Mr Byrne re how to get out from Todd Fullers questioning. The judge has had more surprises in this case than a Christmas hamper.

I believe gbc is a gonner and destined to making number plates
For quite a while, however , after appeal attemts...
Then i believe they will go after nbc
Moo!!!

Breaking & Liaden? Where was GeRed when that note was passed? Dock? Surely not the stand.
I guess it doesn't really matter but it'd be interesting to know.

Moo!!!

I can see him now. Standing like a robot punching out duplicate number plates of 'BWANNA' and 'SETTLED' reminiscing of days gone by when sex was on every street corner for the taking, endless money flowing in the streets and the Baden name was his pedestal that people bowed and scraped down to.
Ah those were the days.....

He still doesn't care that in his ultimate selfishness he didn't put a scrap of the endless money on a deposit on a house for his wife and children's future. Oh? OK. no future?

Moo!!!

Lets hope so!:jail:

Breaking & Liaden? Where was GeRed when that note was passed? Dock? Surely not the stand.

The bailiff doesn't usually approach him in the dock only the corrections officers and his solicitor. the Bailiff kindly keeps his water cup filled and passes info to him so it would have to have been when he was on the stand I think. BN and I were only privy to the QC's and judge talking about the note and did not see the actual happenstance.

One thing I did like about the defense Psychiatrist Witness dr. Mark, was that he said lariam was a red herring. (the malaria drug they took while in SthAmerica)

He said the drug would have caused those depressive anxious episodes while she was on it. Hence early in the piece Gerred was saying Allison couldn't leave her Hotel room - well that is because they probably took the drug the day before. And at its top dose level gave Allison those problems. Then as it wore off ....

By his own admission Gerred said the next day Allison was totally fine. It probably didn't dawn on GBC that these episodes were linked with taking this drug.

As for that drug being the catalyst for her longitudinal (ongoing) depressive mood - Dr mark Schramm said this was not likely.

I will shut up now - 3 in a row is very embarrassing!

My many affairs ......... Would be surprised if this wasn't picked up by others in Court (towards he very end), but for my part ........ I believe this bit of evidence by him was in keeping with what he has felt the need to do all along when presenting his own diatribe ....... that he needs to reinforce his own ego by saying something to qualify that he always was in control of everything, and also in counselling or making suggestions ...... e.g. his ego boost to himself (and for the benefit of others) that many women have 'thrown themselves' at him, and he has obliged in that respect.

...... and he now regrets that he tried to help them!!!!!

IMO GBC has stated many times and made it clear that in his mind he was not concerned about Allison and Toni coming together.
Allison is not confrontational Toni is only volatile toward him (not in public).
Fuller put it to GBC and the jury Toni was not involved was she.

Fuller asked why did you phone the three C's before you phoned Allison's friends and family.

Oh I think Fuller has done a fine job in it all being about the money.

Thanks Liaiden for letting us know which book Allison was reading.

It may not be as tragic as it sounds, having read this review:
"This started out as a book that was getting great reviews and recommended for Business Management Strategies ... I don’t think you need to feel your relationship is on the rocks or going bad to read and consider the import of your actions and interactions in a relationship. Very easy and quick read. A good shot in the arm for any relationship. Also helps consider working relationships too."

However, there is also this review:
"This book is basically the same thing as Self Matters. In order to repair a broken relationship, first you have to repair the broken you."

A hell of an undertaking to go and work with your spouse. I take on board this scenario.

In early 2012, Mrs Dickie said she went to the Baden-Clays’ Brookfield home to find Allison lying on the couch, dressed in white.

Dishes were piled in the sink and “everything was everywhere”.

“(She said to us) “I want to be a better person”,” Mrs Dickie told the court.

She said she also saw vials of liquid in Allison’s fridge, which she said were for injecting in her arm to remove fat.

“She tried everything she could for that man,” Mrs Dickie said.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/gerard-badenclays-mistress-toni-mchugh-takes-stand-at-murder-trial/story-e6frg6nf-1226955831712
... and that makes me think that Allison was both burdened by self-blame and looking for strategles for working with a chronic blame deflecting predator.

If I lived in Brisbane, I too would have spent time lying on the couch in the early part of the year, it gets so freaking HUMID.

Thanks Liaiden for letting us know which book Allison was reading.

It may not be as tragic as it sounds, having read this review:
"This started out as a book that was getting great reviews and recommended for Business Management Strategies ... I don’t think you need to feel your relationship is on the rocks or going bad to read and consider the import of your actions and interactions in a relationship. Very easy and quick read. A good shot in the arm for any relationship. Also helps consider working relationships too."

However, there is also this review:
"This book is basically the same thing as Self Matters. In order to repair a broken relationship, first you have to repair the broken you."

A hell of an undertaking to go and work with your spouse. I take on board this scenario.

... and that makes me think that Allison was both burdened by self-blame and looking for straggles for working with a chronic blame deflecting predator.

If I lived in Brisbane, I too would have spent time lying on the couch in the early part of the year, it gets so freaking HUMID.

Yes I agree - I spent a lot of time in summer at my grandparents house and we would all rest in the hottest part of the day

Just to clarify a post from the last thread, it was first thing in the morning or first thing after morning tea - can't quite remember now. GBC had taken the witness stand, but jury not in yet. Judge clearly stated that GBC had handed a note to the Bailiff to give to the jury. Bailiff did his job well and gave it to the Judge. Judge then asked if defence knew about this and they said they didn't. Defence then allowed to take GBC outside to discuss. When they returned, the issue was done and dusted and the Judge called the jury in and it was business as usual.

I have no idea what was in the note nor when it was passed to bailiff. Judge nor others made reference to what was in the note.

Yes I agree - I spent a lot of time in summer at my grandparents house and we would all rest in the hottest part of the day

The Baden-Clays, however, had a pool to cool off in. It makes a huge difference to your perception of the heat.

Just to clarify a post from the last thread, it was first thing in the morning or first thing after morning tea - can't quite remember now. GBC had taken the witness stand, but jury not in yet. Judge clearly stated that GBC had handed a note to the Bailiff to give to the jury. Bailiff did his job well and gave it to the Judge. Judge then asked if defence knew about this and they said they didn't. Defence then allowed to take GBC outside to discuss. When they returned, the issue was done and dusted and the Judge called the jury in and it was business as usual.

I have no idea what was in the note, nor did Judge or others make reference to what was in the note.

There's something really wrong with him.

In the middle of last night I woke up and remembered Fuller's words about how Allison was probably suffocated by GBC, and I felt certain that this is what happened. It suddenly seemed more real after hearing it spoken in a court of law like that.

I felt an enormous grief and fear and sense of loss for Allison whose life was crushed by such horror and evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni