The Bruises and other myths

Dani_T

Reaction score
I've just watched Leeza Show Pt 3 again (hey, I'm lying in bed, feeling sick and sorry for myself and bored out of my mind!).

Unfortunately it seems that Chris Brown and Barbara Davis couldn't hear me when I yelled at them through the computer so I decided to do the next best thing and post here :)

Chris Brown put up a big picture of 52-E saying that it was new evidence that the jurors hadn't seen (along with all those other photos of the bruising from the police station which he only got a copy of because all of them had been admitted into evidence at the trial).

For anyone here who is new to the case and keeps hearing all this stuff about Darlie's bruises being ignored or not seen at trial here is direct transcript testimony which flat out refutes what Chris Brown and Barbara Davis stated on national TV and what Charles Samford (I think that is his name) has also said.

Vol 31: http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-31.php
22 Q. Okay. Let me show you some
23 photographs that have been marked as State's Exhibit 52-E
24 and 52-A. Do you recognize those to be photographs of
25 Darlie Routier?
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
1 A. Yes.
2 Q. And do you see the bruises located
3 there on the right arm?
4 A. Yes.
5 Q. Okay. Have you seen bruises like that
6 before?
7 A. Yes.
8 Q. Okay. What type of bruises are those?
9 A. What do you mean what type?
10 Q. What would cause that type of bruise?
11 A. A severe accident.
12 Q. Okay. Do y'all refer to that as blunt
13 trauma?
14 A. That's more of a physician term. I
15 mean, we would call this more of a hematoma.
16 Q. Something you see when a person has
17 been in an accident?
18 A. Yes.
19 Q. Struck something very hard?
20 A. Yes. Or broke her arm.
21 Q. Okay. Is that a pretty bad bruise?
22 A. Yes.
23 Q. Did you see any evidence of that
24 injury on her right arm when you cared for her for those,
25 what was it about 11 hours?
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
1 A. No.
2 Q. Okay. Do you think you would have
3 seen evidence of that injury had it occurred on the 6th
4 of June around 2:30 in the morning?
5 A. Yes.

And then we have the focus notes from the nurses. Chris & Barbara make a big deal on the show about the jury not knowing the truth about the focus notes and then Chris says and they were shown the focus notes... they didn't really follow it... it was kind of complicated to go over. And he knows this how?? How does he know the jury was incapable of reading straight from the focus notes?

Argh.

A couple of interesting things I picked up on also during the show:
- Darlie Kee mentioned there had been two regression therapy sessions. Interesting that we have only seen the details of one of them don't you think. She also let slip at that point that the therapy showed that there had been intruders

- Regarding the good old 'mock trial' which has caused such outrage here... the attorney they had on the show, Bill Lane, clearly says that gathering all the prosecution witnesses together before trial happens in 'every prosecution case'. He has personally tried 13 capital cases and Chris Brown looks like a bit of a fool standing before Lane saying there was something unusual, wrong, different or unethical about the 'brainstorming session' (as CWB calls it). I love how the Lane says 'This isn't my first rodeo Hehehehe.

- Absolutely great line by Lane who turns to Barbara Davis and says "better than ten years she worked for the DA's office. Barbara on how many occassions in the ten years you worked there were you a part of a conspiracy with the police department, the DA's office, the judge and the defense attorneys to put somebody on death row?... to which she sheepishly and quietly replies 'never'

And then my silly connection dropped out and I couldn't watch the rest of the show without watching it all through again from the beginning!

Something tells me Chris Brown was so used to being a fool by then, that he didn't even notice. Nothing's changed from what I hear. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
Something tells me Chris Brown was so used to being a fool by then, that he didn't even notice. Nothing's changed from what I hear. ;)
Well, apparently he was used to people not checking out his claims and thinks he can get away with it. Too bad Barbara didn't refresh her memory a little before leaping off that change of heart cliff.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-31.php
1 Q. Okay. You saw no evidence of that
2 injury whatsoever?
3 A. No.
4 Q. Okay. That's not something that would
5 be caused by an IV or anything, would it?
6 A. No. I've never seen such a severe
7 hematoma caused by an intravenous line.
8 Q. Okay. Let me show you some other
9 photographs marked 52-G, 52-H and 52-F. And let me ask
10 you if you can recognize those photos.
11 A. These appear to be Mrs. Routier in the
12 intensive care unit. And they're photographs of her neck
13 wound and her arm wounds.
14 Q. Okay. On the right arm there, did you
15 see any evidence of the --
17 THE COURT: Just a minute, please.
18 Please confer in silence. Please. Thank you.
19 Go ahead.
20 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Judge, excuse me,
21 but I'm not able to confer in silence.
22 THE COURT: Well, I mean, keep your
23 voices down. We hear too much when you speak to each
24 other. I don't mind you speaking, but let's keep the
25 voices down.

1 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Well, we're doing
2 the best we can.
3 THE COURT: Do better. Thank you.
4 Go ahead.

5 MR. TOBY L. SHOOK: Judge, can I have
6 the witness step down, please?
7 THE COURT: Yes. Please step down.
9 (Whereupon, the witness
10 Stepped down from the
11 Witness stand, and
12 Approached the jury rail
13 And the proceedings were
14 Resumed as follows:)
16 BY MR. TOBY L. SHOOK:
17 Q. Doctor, again, let me caution you to
18 keep your voice up.
19 A. Okay.

:laugh:MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Judge, excuse me,

This just cracked me up! Too bad we can't hear the tone of voices.

I apologize if this post is inappropriate for this thread. I know! How about a 'Tolle slams Mulder' thread. :dance:

accordn2me said:
2 injury whatsoever?
3 A. No.
4 Q. Okay. That's not something that would
5 be caused by an IV or anything, would it?
6 A. No. I've never seen such a severe
7 hematoma caused by an intravenous line.
8 Q. Okay. Let me show you some other
9 photographs marked 52-G, 52-H and 52-F. And let me ask
10 you if you can recognize those photos.
11 A. These appear to be Mrs. Routier in the
12 intensive care unit. And they're photographs of her neck
13 wound and her arm wounds.
14 Q. Okay. On the right arm there, did you
15 see any evidence of the --
17 THE COURT: Just a minute, please.
18 Please confer in silence. Please. Thank you.
19 Go ahead.
20 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Judge, excuse me,
22 THE COURT: Well, I mean, keep your
23 voices down. We hear too much when you speak to each
24 other. I don't mind you speaking, but let's keep the
25 voices down.

1 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: Well, we're doing
2 the best we can.
3 THE COURT: Do better. Thank you.
4 Go ahead.
5 MR. TOBY L. SHOOK: Judge, can I have
6 the witness step down, please?
7 THE COURT: Yes. Please step down.
9 (Whereupon, the witness
10 Stepped down from the
11 Witness stand, and
12 Approached the jury rail
13 And the proceedings were
14 Resumed as follows:)
16 BY MR. TOBY L. SHOOK:
17 Q. Doctor, again, let me caution you to
18 keep your voice up.
19 A. Okay.

I apologize if this post is inappropriate for this thread. I know! How about a 'Tolle slams Mulder' thread. :dance:
The judge was just protecting the defendant's rights by letting defense know that their voices were loud enough for the jury and the state to hear. Since we can't see their facial expressions,etc, it is difficult for us to get the gist of what kind of banter this was.

What cracked me up was Mulder almost yelling at Darin for trying to dodge the panties issue.

Goody said:
Well, apparently he was used to people not checking out his claims and thinks he can get away with it. Too bad Barbara didn't refresh her memory a little before leaping off that change of heart cliff.
The only reason I can possibly think Barbara Davis had her change of heart is that her son was killed by LE who, she says, burst into his home and shot him unprovoked. I think this turned her against all LE in general making it easy for that looney toon to push her off that cliff

beesy said:
The only reason I can possibly think Barbara Davis had her change of heart is that her son was killed by LE who, she says, burst into his home and shot him unprovoked. I think this turned her against all LE in general making it easy for that looney toon to push her off that cliff

Here's the kicker, Beesy. Babs had her change of heart long before her son was killed in 2000. It wasn't a true change of heart, because if it was, she would have been able to back up some of her accusations such as: "They hid more than half of Darlie's injuries." (Not true, her injuries were shown to the jury). "I never saw photos of the bruises." (Of course she did...she described Darlie's bruises in Precious Angels, which was published in 1999). "The State's case was immersed in cover-up, lies, false representations and evidence that was tampered with, tainted, and even created to suit particular purposes." (How about some evidence to support that, Oh Great True Crime Writer).

Barbara Davis changed her mind because she had dollar signs in her eyes. It got her a lot of media attention, which is a writer's best friend. The truth is, Babs got into bed with Chris Brown and the box springs collapsed :)

accordn2me said:
2 injury whatsoever?

<<snipped for band width>>

This is even more off topic, but before hearing Doug Mulder's name associated with Darlie Routier, the last time I heard his name was in association with his admission that he had a coke habit and that he helped his former client, Joy Aylor, wanted for contract murder, escape justice and that he even went on the run with her for a time. I believe he fell in love with her. I would love to know how he either kept his law license or got it back, if anyone knows.

beesy said:

Barbara's home contained a HUGE amount of drugs and guns. Something was going on there.

Jeana (DP) said:
Barbara's home contained a HUGE amount of drugs and guns. Something was going on there.
I wasn't fooled by her comment about her son. She's an oddball.

Mary456 said:
Here's the kicker, Beesy. Babs had her change of heart long before her son was killed in 2000. It wasn't a true change of heart, because if it was, she would have been able to back up some of her accusations such as: "They hid more than half of Darlie's injuries." (Not true, her injuries were shown to the jury). "I never saw photos of the bruises." (Of course she did...she described Darlie's bruises in Precious Angels, which was published in 1999). "The State's case was immersed in cover-up, lies, false representations and evidence that was tampered with, tainted, and even created to suit particular purposes." (How about some evidence to support that, Oh Great True Crime Writer).
No evidence to support their theory at all. Her book sucked anyway. She said Darin and Darlie had sex on the sofa but tests showed Darlie had no semen, in her or on her. Dumb woman...

Barbara Davis changed her mind because she had dollar signs in her eyes. It got her a lot of media attention, which is a writer's best friend. The truth is, Babs got into bed with Chris Brown and the box springs collapsed :)
Hmmmm..interesting I was giving the woman an excuse at least. So it's money and some whoo-hoo that's made her an idiot. Poor gal.

beesy said:
Hmmmm..interesting I was giving the woman an excuse at least. So it's money and some whoo-hoo that's made her an idiot. Poor gal.

Oops, I'd better clarify my post. I didn't mean that Babs literally got into bed with CWB. I meant that figuratively speaking. They cooked up a money-making scheme together and it backfired.

Once Barbara changed her mind (yeah, right) it got her on all the talk shows & Darlie's family thought she walked on water. Getting buddy-buddy with a convicted murderer might have made a great second book, but she tried to pull the wool over people's eyes & got caught.

Btw, Babs got hitched again...she married a guy named Mudd!!!

Mary456 said:
The truth is, Babs got into bed with Chris Brown and the box springs collapsed :)
You are kidding...right????????

Cowgirl said:
This is even more off topic, but before hearing Doug Mulder's name associated with Darlie Routier, the last time I heard his name was in association with his admission that he had a coke habit and that he helped his former client, Joy Aylor, wanted for contract murder, escape justice and that he even went on the run with her for a time. I believe he fell in love with her. I would love to know how he either kept his law license or got it back, if anyone knows.
Geez, the spin off stories in this case just never cease. Is this for real? I knew Mulder was involved with the "Thin Blue Line", a corruption case as I recall in Texas while he was prosecutor. I don't remember the whole story but maybe some of our Texas folks do.

Mary456 said:
Oops, I'd better clarify my post. I didn't mean that Babs literally got into bed with CWB. I meant that figuratively speaking. They cooked up a money-making scheme together and it backfired.

Once Barbara changed her mind (yeah, right) it got her on all the talk shows & Darlie's family thought she walked on water. Getting buddy-buddy with a convicted murderer might have made a great second book, but she tried to pull the wool over people's eyes & got caught.
Do you really believe this?

I am not sure I buy that at all. Something was definitely going on that hasn't been disclosed yet. I think Babs is either an airhead or ....who knows? She didn't make much of an effort to write the "true" story. Maybe CWB found out about her son's activities and blackmailed her. Or maybe she is just a bit tetched. You know she shot her husband at a convenience market during some wild altercation. She was on the phone arguing with him when he figured out where she was and went after her, then she shot him, and later he dropped charges against her. There is more than one crazy thing going on in that gal's life.

Mary456 said:
Btw, Babs got hitched again...she married a guy named Mudd!!!
aaaahahahahahahahahhaa. What is your name? My name is Mudd. hahahahahahhaah! You just can't make this stuff up.

Mary456 said:
Awww man, no whoo-hoo? oh well.....

Yep, more money on the Darlie train!

Btw, Babs got hitched again...she married a guy named Mudd
Oh no! Really? She's now a member of the good family Mudd as in Dr. Mudd who knew nothing about JW Booth and his plan to kill Mr. Lincoln. Good stock she's joined! ;)

Goody said:
Do you really believe this?
I am not sure I buy that at all. Something was definitely going on that hasn't been disclosed yet. I think Babs is either an airhead or ....who knows? She didn't make much of an effort to write the "true" story. Maybe CWB found out about her son's activities and blackmailed her. Or maybe she is just a bit tetched. You know she shot her husband at a convenience market during some wild altercation. She was on the phone arguing with him when he figured out where she was and went after her, then she shot him, and later he dropped charges against her. There is more than one crazy thing going on in that gal's life.
Well, maybe the Darlies should take a look at their outspoken supporters. Babs is NOT the one to be speaking out for Darlie. We already know Darlie did it, now we need to hear from this crazed lady who thinks she didn't do it? :waitasec:

beesy said:
Well, maybe the Darlies should take a look at their outspoken supporters. Babs is NOT the one to be speaking out for Darlie. We already know Darlie did it, now we need to hear from this crazed lady who thinks she didn't do it? :waitasec:
No kidding! LOL! But that is the way with this case. Basia even got busted on a drug charge since the trial. Someone posted the court docket, I think it was, on another board. But speaking of Babs, her inlaws thought she had something to do with her husband's heart attack that killed him. Lots of bad blood there, and I think that led to them reporting her and the boy for the drugs, which led to the boy's death in the police raid. A sad unfortunate event there. And to think that this woman worked in the DA's office for something like 20 years before turning true crime writer.

Mary456 said:
LOL, See message 12, Goody. My strange sense of humor almost got me in trouble again.
Shucks! I was hoping something juicy was about to spill! hahahahahahah!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back