LeAnna (Mom) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperDoll

When I'm Silent, I make the most sense
Reaction score
I'm torn on how I feel about LeAnna (LH) being involved in this. The reason, is what she told day care "Oh he must have left him in the car" like this is something JRH always does, or did she know what his plans actually were? Why would that be the first thing that comes to mind when there could be other reasons? Thoughts anyone? :confused:

As a hypervigilant mother of an infant, I might have freaked out and assumed my child had been forgotten in the car under similar circumstances - remember, JRH had texted her at 3:15ish asking "When you going to pick up my buddy?" HOWEVER. Leanna's behavior at the police station is so far out of the realm of normal that I can't believe she isn't involved. I would NEED to see my baby first. I would be utterly destroyed and unable to keep calm. And I can't think of any innocent reason a person in her position would say, "Did you say too much?" That's the clincher for me.

Sorry to serial post. Is it confirmed JRH and LH talked on the phone for a minute just after 4? Wonder what was said.

Sorry to serial post. Is it confirmed JRH and LH talked on the phone for a minute just after 4? Wonder what was said.

At first they were playing phone tag, then he was able to talk to her for about a minute, and yes, it was just a little after 4. I, too, wonder what was said.

I don't even know where to begin....:mad:

I posted in another thread maybe she didn't believe him when he called and told her coop was left in car so that's why she blurted out the comment at day care. It's a stretch though. I would expect panic and despair to be her response. I am very torn. I just don't understand how she could go along with this. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some things I'm curious about in regards to LH:

How many times did RH try to call her after he found out Cooper was dead? Just once?
How many times did LH call RH once she discovered he was at the daycare? I would imagine she would call over and over and over.

Some things I'm curious about in regards to LH:

How many times did RH try to call her after he found out Cooper was dead? Just once?
How many times did LH call RH once she discovered he was at the daycare? I would imagine she would call over and over and over.

If my child wasn't at daycare that day, I most certainly would be calling my husband over and over again until I got a hold of him. I would also be calling my friends and family as well in a major panic! I'm sure (or at least hope) there will be more coming out about the calls between LH and RH .

So, does anyone know how her parents are dealing with this? Are they visibly supporting her? Him?

I wonder if there is some conversation missing from what we have been told about Leanna going to daycare for Cooper and stating Oh Ross must have left him in the car. Did she go in to Cooper's room and was told by the teacher/aides that he wasn't there, so she walked to the desk confused, and then workers started looking in their logs/computers to see when he was checked in (because obviously this is a mistake!), and all the while Leanna is just bewildered. Then finally it hits her - Cooper must be in the car? That scenario seems more likely than the other.

I guess I have such a hard time thinking a mother could be party to this. Of course we have the Casey's of the world, BUT for a mother to go along with this - just doesn't make sense. Everyday we see moms who cover up for their husbands/boyfriends when discipline goes too far, they don't stand up for their kids, etc. And those cases are horrible and disgusting and I always feel mom should be punished even more than the man because her #1 job in the world was to protect her children.

But to let your baby die this horrible death - premeditated? This just takes it to a whole 'nother level.

As a hypervigilant mother of an infant, I might have freaked out and assumed my child had been forgotten in the car under similar circumstances - remember, JRH had texted her at 3:15ish asking "When you going to pick up my buddy?" HOWEVER. Leanna's behavior at the police station is so far out of the realm of normal that I can't believe she isn't involved. I would NEED to see my baby first. I would be utterly destroyed and unable to keep calm. And I can't think of any innocent reason a person in her position would say, "Did you say too much?" That's the clincher for me.

I agree. I think most mothers would not believe it. They'd probably have to ask more than once if they (LE) were sure. Are you sure it was my Cooper? Are you sure he's dead? Are you sure??? After hearing how it happened, the only reason I'd want to see my husband would be to rip his hair out and anything else I could get ahold of.
I just have it in my mind that these two planned this for a few months. I can just imagine their conversations about how nice their life would be w/ that extra cash from the insurance and donations that would be pouring in for these 'poor, grieving' parents.

Is there a good link or a transcript of the Leanna's entire statement at the funeral? My hunky meter was pegging pretty hard when I read that the first time, but I'd like to read it again. Also, I think someone mentioned in a previous thread that she was carrying her cellphone, or using her cellphone as she walked behind the baby's casket?! Do we have video or other media links from the funeral? I found a slide show of photos, but it was just a lot of people arriving and the photos were all taken from a distance with a monster long lens.

What exactly did Leanna say and do at Cooper's funeral?

Until i find a complete transcript I'm using this link http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...heir-son-the-lord-is-holding-me-up-right-now/ From the funeral:

"First of all Ross, I love you and I’m doing this for you, OK? Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world, this never crossed my mind.”

Well… yeah… why would it. Why would it cross her mind? It's almost like she's talking about what they've done to the baby together. Like she's saying that when they first had him this ugly plan for the way Cooper would meet his demise didn't initially cross her mind. (As if it isn't bad enough! At least they weren't planning it before he was born!)

And… she's doing this for Ross!?!?! Umm… that's weird too. It is ANOTHER example of how she's much more caught up in Ross than she is in Cooper, or the loss of Cooper. My gut reaction to this statement is similar to my reaction to knowing that she wanted to see Ross at the police station, but not Cooper. It doesn't feel right to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/georgia-toddler-funeral/

This CNN article has more funeral quotes from Leanna. Another one that troubled me was:
"He was perfect, and he is perfect," she said of Cooper. "He changed mine and Ross' life. I've talked to you about the magnitude in which he changed it. As children do, he turned our lives upside down. ... I wouldn't trade it for the world."

It's interesting to me that she deliberately changed her wording from "He was perfect" to "He is perfect"
I just keep thinking about how speaking of a newly deceased child in the past tense is an indication of acceptance of the finality of his death. I know in missing children cases when parents start talking about their children in the past tense it's very suspicious precisely because even when grieving people know logically that a person is no longer with us our hearts take a while to catch up and we often continue using present tense language for a long time.

Also, as others have mentioned, she tells us how he turned their world upside down… (but then adds that she wouldn't trade it for the world). This too bothered me from the first time I read it through. I am really struggling with these words being the choices a mother would make to discuss at her child's funeral. It's still all about her. I just wouldn't be talking about the trouble he'd caused.

I posted in another thread maybe she didn't believe him when he called and told her coop was left in car so that's why she blurted out the comment at day care. It's a stretch though. I would expect panic and despair to be her response. I am very torn. I just don't understand how she could go along with this. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, she hadn't been told by Ross or anyone else that Cooper had died at the time she made the statement - which is why it seemed so odd.

I wonder if there is some conversation missing from what we have been told about Leanna going to daycare for Cooper and stating Oh Ross must have left him in the car. Did she go in to Cooper's room and was told by the teacher/aides that he wasn't there, so she walked to the desk confused, and then workers started looking in their logs/computers to see when he was checked in (because obviously this is a mistake!), and all the while Leanna is just bewildered. Then finally it hits her - Cooper must be in the car? That scenario seems more likely than the other.

I guess I have such a hard time thinking a mother could be party to this. Of course we have the Casey's of the world, BUT for a mother to go along with this - just doesn't make sense. Everyday we see moms who cover up for their husbands/boyfriends when discipline goes too far, they don't stand up for their kids, etc. And those cases are horrible and disgusting and I always feel mom should be punished even more than the man because her #1 job in the world was to protect her children.

But to let your baby die this horrible death - premeditated? This just takes it to a whole 'nother level.

images
images

I felt the same way until I saw these.

I'm torn on how I feel about LeAnna (LH) being involved in this. The reason, is what she told day care "Oh he must have left him in the car" like this is something JRH always does, or did she know what his plans actually were? Why would that be the first thing that comes to mind when there could be other reasons? Thoughts anyone? :confused:

My gut feeling is that she knew something. I'm torn on how much though.

History is replete with "mothers" who subject their children to agonizing deaths. Thankfully there are very few Susan Smiths (she actually watched as her children cried for her as the vehicle filled with water) and Diane Downs, etc. I don't know about Leanna. I can't make up my mind as to whether she was party to this, or just covering for her husband. But I am a dyed in the wool cynic about human nature and nothing that anyone might or could do surprises me.

I wonder if she knew of his unhappiness in the marriage and him contacting other women.
Could he have told her he was not interested in their marriage because of Cooper.

Some women will do anything to keep their man. Some have crossed the line and been complicit in murder just to keep their man.

I find it very difficult to believe that a mother and father would do his. The more LE are presenting the more it looks like the father although I did not want to believe this and was finding scenarios to prove him innocent. So, if the father could do it, why not the mother too? JMOO

When I watched the hearing, I was doing it online via Wild About Trials, so I'm not sure if other media outlets had different camera views. For the most part, the camera stayed on JRH's face and never (until the very end) zoomed into LH. Did anybody see her face when they were describing the state of Cooper's body, how he wasn't "at peace", and had the facial abrasions? I would expect (want) to see her breaking up and showing extreme grief. I know some people internalize their emotions, but this is a bit too much. Geez, the man in front of her (in the picture Gitana posted up thread) looked horrified and disgusted! Don't even know who he is.

I think that LH certainly knew something, it's so strange that both of them were searching details on hot car deaths, they both say it was a fear they had. My biggest fear is a house fire, I won't have candles in he house, no one smokes in here and plugs are removed from sockets at night. I have three smoke alarms and I have a fire plan.
Now if my biggest fear was one of my children been left in a car all day, I would simply travel with the children to drop them off myself, using any of the ideas widely available, leave baby bag on passenger seat, leave my bag, phone or even shoes in the back with child.
If someone else was dropping my children off, I would call them to check they went in fine.
If my biggest fear was my child been left in hot car and not dropped off at daycare, I would ask daycare to call my emergency contact numbers ASAP if my child wasn't dropped of as arranged. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.