Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
I'm watching the probable cause hearing. I heard testimony that he spoke with his wife on the phone at 4:04 p.m.. Was that before he "found" Cooper? Was it after he texted her about when she was picking up "his buddy" from daycare?

It was before he "found" Cooper, but we aren't sure about the text about his little buddy. That was mentioned by the Defense only. This is my understanding, but folks can correct me if I'm wrong.

It was before he "found" Cooper, but we aren't sure about the text about his little buddy. That was mentioned by the Defense only. This is my understanding, but folks can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!!! So he talks to his wife and then finds his kid dead!

Allegedly. But that convo with LH was only 1 minute. Could have been a "it's go time", "I got lightbulbs", "going to movie"... who knows? It seems like she's involved, but that is merely speculation based on her odd behavior at this point. We who have been reading about these pieces of work since the JonBenet days and before usually can count on their "hinky meters" as being spot on, though.

Did Leanna Harris tell police about the 4:04 p.m. phone call between them and if so, what did they discuss?

I'm watching the probable cause hearing. I heard testimony that he spoke with his wife on the phone at 4:04 p.m.. Was that before he "found" Cooper? Was it after he texted her about when she was picking up "his buddy" from daycare?

My understanding is the text was at 3:16 and the (one minute) call at 4:04.

I don't think we can answer that as I don't think it was asked or answered at the hearing.

According to his defense attorney RH sent that text to LH at 3:16 pm.

It didn't show up on the messages on RH phone, so it could have been a google text, or kik, etc.

According to his defense attorney RH sent that text to LH at 3:16 pm.

It didn't show up on the messages on RH phone, so it could have been a google text, or kik, etc.

Or the text could have been sent from his phone and he then deleted the text. AT&T should be able to recover any deleted texts from that day, though, I think. We may know more in 6-8 weeks when AT&T releases the phone records/data to LE.

I've been confused by this and also the chat at 3:45 with his friends saying he'd be late for the movie (since according to his story he didn't yet know Cooper was in the car, and he had plenty of time to get to the movie if he truly hadn't remembered), and something just hit me. This is speculation but it pulls the confusion together in my mind.

3:16 - RH texts LH asking when she's going to pick up his "buddy". This is according to defense. The police said he didn't see a text but it could have been deleted or sent through another system and they are still going through all that. IMO that text was a signal for her to go to the daycare and he would leave work.

When he hadn't heard back from her by 3:45 he realizes they are behind their planned schedule and he would be late for the movie so he chats with his buddies and tells them he'll be late.

JH's phone records show 4 missed calls from LH, they play phone tag and finally connect for a 1 minute call at 4:04. I am speculating that was the response he was waiting for to tell him to leave work because within 10 minutes of that call he leaves.

JMO

I've been confused by this and also the chat at 3:45 with his friends saying he'd be late for the movie (since according to his story he didn't yet know Cooper was in the car, and he had plenty of time to get to the movie if he truly hadn't remembered), and something just hit me. This is speculation but it pulls the confusion together in my mind.

3:16 - RH texts LH asking when she's going to pick up his "buddy". This is according to defense. The police said he didn't see a text but it could have been deleted or sent through another system and they are still going through all that. IMO that text was a signal for her to go to the daycare and he would leave work.

When he hadn't heard back from her by 3:45 he realizes they are behind their planned schedule and he would be late for the movie so he chats with his buddies and tells them he'll be late.

JH's phone records show 4 missed calls from LH, they play phone tag and finally connect for a 1 minute call at 4:04. I am speculating that was the response he was waiting for to tell him to leave work because within 10 minutes of that call he leaves.

JMO

What I don't understand is about the movies..........Regardless of the time he/she left work, there would be no movies. Why was he concerned about notifying his friends about being late? He was never going to make it to the movies, right? Who goes to the movies the day their kid dies?

ETA: I understand he had NO intention of going to movies - but why the charade of sending message saying he was going to be late.

I think he told them he would be late so they would go on into the movie and not wait around outside for him.

But it's very curious that he said he would be late when he left early enough to where he shouldn't have been late. So he either knew he was going to "discover" Cooper or he had another stop planned on the way (booty call?).

this is just what I have been thinking- it was 'code' for something. If he is going to a movie with his friends... why does he 'care' what time she picks him up, if it their usual routine? Did not say he was going to a movie, (was that set up in advance? If they set it up at lunch, wouldnt he have texted her to tell her he would be going to a movie after work and would not be home? If set up in advance with the friends... no need to ask when she was picking him up.. why would it matter?)

On the same email topic... did he open any emails that arrived AFTER the one from daycare? But left that one unopened? Did he think it was from Daycare asking about the baby?Did the wife get one as well? ( I would think both parents but I could be wrong) and did SHE open it? ( even if it said something innocent in the subject heading.. like "4th of July schedules" or something) I would think if she opened it, she did not know what was going down ( well, maybe not WHEN...) and thought it might be something she needed to know. Obviously if she knew the baby was dead (or going to be) she would not bother to open it... ( same with him....)

JMO

What I don't understand is about the movies..........Regardless of the time he/she left work, there would be no movies. Why was he concerned about notifying his friends about being late? He was never going to make it to the movies, right? Who goes to the movies the day their kid dies?

ETA: I understand he had NO intention of going to movies - but why the charade of sending message saying he was going to be late.

I think this was a subconscious slip-up, him being too clever for his own good ie saying too much which appears to be a habit with him. You're right there was absolutely no reason for him to send that going to be late message except his own guilty knowledge that he wasn't only going to be late he wasn't going to be making it to the movie at all once Cooper was 'discovered' and the whole emergency/police process kicked in.

I hope it will be established if there was a normal time LH picked CH from daycare when it was her day. I thought early on I read it was around 2:00 (have no idea if that is true though). Did she always pick him up around 4:50? Or maybe her schedule varied depending on her patients for the day. But if it was always 2:00-ish, then this 4:50 would seem a bit peculiar.

I'm also curious about the texts that show she was aware he was having affairs (I think Stoddard mentioned something like that in the hearing?). If that is true (AND she is not involved in this), you would think she would have removed herself from him already. This makes me think she must be involved somewhat. I really don't understand this.

Brownrice I also read it was like 1:51 when mom went to the daycare. But I can't find it now and can only assume it was misinfo since MSM is repeatedly saying a later time. It sure did stick out to me.....why wouldn't she have gone to his work immediately? And her showing up at the daycare 25 min or so AFTER JH had pulled over. Sooo odd. Very suspicious.

I missed this, but could someone link to transcripts, videos, pics etc. of the funeral service? I see many mentions, but I have yet to find a link. Thanks in advance!

images from funeral

http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/photos-funeral-service-held-cooper-harris/gCLqp/#5460320

The funeral for 22-month-old Cooper Harris was Saturday, and his father called the funeral and spoke by speaker phone to those attending.

Harris was not allowed to attend the funeral, but told the crowd "thank you for everything. I'm sorry I can't be there."
Harris' wife Leanna said "Ross is, was and will be a great daddy," to which family and friends gave a standing ovation, Leanna told the crowd she is not angry with her husband over their son's death.
Around 200 people attended the services for 22-month-old Cooper. Church officials told us the family would not make any statements to the media. But inside the funeral they spoke glowingly of Ross Harris who was listening via speakerphone from Jail.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/28/justin-ross-harris-child-hot-car-death/11609645/

Master Cooper Mills Harris
Obituary

MARIETTA, Ga. | Master Cooper Mills Harris, age 22 months, of Marietta, Georgia, died June 18, 2014. Services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, June 28, 2014, at University Church of Christ. A private family burial will be held with Tuscaloosa Memorial Chapel Funeral Home directing. Visitation will be Saturday one hour prior to services at the church.

Published in Tuscaloosa News on June 25, 2014

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tu...ls-harris&pid=171475366&#sthash.kRFmbGCY.dpuf

"Am I angry with Ross?" Leanna Harris said at the funeral in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him."

SNIP

"Thank you for everything you've done for my boy," he said. "Good life. (Inaudible) No words to say. Just horrible. (Inaudible) I'm just sorry I can't be there."

Then Leanna Harris spoke.

"First of all Ross, I love you and I'm doing this for you, OK?" she said. "Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world, this never crossed my mind."

SNIP

"He was perfect, and he is perfect," she said of Cooper. "He changed mine and Ross' life. I've talked to you about the magnitude in which he changed it. As children do, he turned our lives upside down. ... I wouldn't trade it for the world."

SNIP

"I remember turning over in the middle of the night, his mouth was open and his full toddler lips just breathing right into my face," she said. "I will cherish that moment forever."

SNIP

"Some of you might wonder how I'm even standing here today. I wonder that myself, and I asked myself that question over and over the last week," she said.

"I should be crumpled into a heap of snot and tears into the dirt, but the Lord is holding me up right now. He is holding Ross up. And he is holding both of us up when we can't hold ourselves up."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/georgia-toddler-funeral/

Just looking at the timeline...4:24PM police arrive! child is dead. 4:52PM Leanna arrives at daycare.

That's almost a half-hour. Was there any explanation as to why Ross was unable to reach her in that period?

When did he call her and say "Our child is dead." Wasn't he overheard saying that at the scene? Or did they never talk again until the police station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123