LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Fam...ing-after-River-Road-car-crash-123699169.html

wwltv.com
Posted on June 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:54 PM

Shane was at a Daquiri shop with his Brother. They both left and left in seperate cars. Shane's brother later called him to make sure he had gotten home okay and Shane told him he had been in a one vehicle accident and that he was not injured.

There has been no sign from him since.

His car was found located at:

near River Road and Marrero Road, in Marrero
His Brother (named Brett and the one that I referenced above) found one of his shoes in the mud near where the car was found.

Anyone with information is asked to call the JPSO at 504.364.5300

ETA:

LA - SHANE FELL ** Media, Photos, Maps, Timeline ** NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

CASE MAP

Thread #1
-------------

Regarding the post on previous thread about the homeless person selling origami, Is this one of Shane's known talents? I just don't recall, other than he was artistic, so very possible IMO. Kenny, can you verify this? TIA

Shane is very talented.....He can make leather goods,Jewelry,carvings....and many other things.....He mastered origami at a very young age....He mainly made animals but he could make anything with paper.......

That is so cool, Kenny! Sounds like Shane is immensely talented!

Kenny, do you know what subjects Shane liked best in school? Was he into writing, philosophy, or meditative, reflective, thinking? I am NOT mechanically inclined, where it sounds like Shane was great at that. But I love philosophy and inspiring things, and amazing people. Shane offers so much! He needs to know how much he is missed! Brett also sounds like a true champion of humanity, sincerity, and love! Your efforts are awesome as well!

Satch

I hope Kenny is aware that we're all coming down for a bbq when we find Shane.......I believe

Missing man's family refuses to give up hope
By Allen Powell II, The Times Picayune
September 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM, updated September 15, 2011 at 8:12 PM

[...]

In the weeks that have followed, Shane Fell's family has debated and discarded theories on his whereabouts. They have checked and rechecked his bank accounts, and they have created a Facebook page seeking information. And, they have learned a simple truth: It is easy for an adult to disappear, but it is somewhat harder for them to go "missing."

As of December 2010, there were more than 47,000 adults listed as missing in the FBI's National Crime Information Center...

[...]

In fact, Louisiana State Police initially told Brett Fell they viewed his brother as a suspect because he had walked away from the scene of an accident.

"I said 'That's fine, just go out there and find him,'" said Fell, who acknowledged that police are burdened with tons of unfounded reports. "They hear these stories a lot. That was the toughest thing we really had to deal with."

[...]

It is harder to generate attention for missing men, minorities and those who have a questionable past, said Monica Caison, founder and director of Community United Efforts, a North Carolina center for locating missing persons.

[...]

"Every case has its own difficulties," said Caison, who added that most people know next to nothing about how to get assistance from authorities. "There is a protocol, but no one is willing to share it with people who don't know the protocol."

So what the heck is up with that????

The average person doesn't know this....We was always told that you had to wait for 24 hours before you can report someone missing...We found out that is just BS PROTOCOL....i spoke with the Police Capt. that changed that....NOW you can report somebody missing minutes after they walk out the door....

@ Satch sorry for the long wait on the reply I hope your 4th weekend holiday was enjoyable...

As far as how did the shoe get in the spot. I think he stepped in a deep in, and it came off. maybe even fell forward. Amnesia doesn't always happen right away and sometimes, its not a complete lost of memory. It can happen over night. Some don't buy that theory, I have read up on it, its a certified medical thing..

I think that is what happened in my opinion, I liked to say its no crime to tell some one to meet away from the wreck, because the car could blow up( public safety). I also like to say to the user who said, some use DUI like a badge of honor. I don't think the Fell Brother who was there looking or family admire those kinds of things. I think they are family 1st in morals value and the whole thing is eating him/them alive. In small differ folks, differ strokes. I understand some don't care about laws like dwi/dui/ speeding etc. But im assuming "The Fells" don't want those kind of negative stigma on their family name.

@ Satch sorry for the long wait on the reply I hope your 4th weekend holiday was enjoyable...

As far as how did the shoe get in the spot. I think he stepped in a deep in, and it came off. maybe even fell forward. Amnesia doesn't always happen right away and sometimes, its not a complete lost of memory. It can happen over night. Some don't buy that theory, I have read up on it, its a certified medical thing..

I think that is what happened in my opinion, I liked to say its no crime to tell some one to meet away from the wreck, because the car could blow up( public safety). I also like to say to the user who said, some use DUI like a badge of honor. I don't think the Fell Brother who was there looking or family admire those kinds of things. I think they are family 1st in morals value and the whole thing is eating him/them alive. In small differ folks, differ strokes. I understand some don't care about laws like dwi/dui/ speeding etc. But im assuming "The Fells" don't want those kind of negative stigma on their family name.

I can tell you from the VERY BEGINNING...The police tried to twist things all up....They said Shane had done this before in another state that was WRONG...They said we was just trying to make money off of Shane's disappearance when we went on the family Vacation...The first question the PI asked was who was in charge of the Shane Account...We are still not in charge of the Donation Account...I can tell your for three days the police dist. were the wreck happened didn't know about the wreck or Shane's disappearance...We are FAMILY FIRST and that's what pissed me off from the very beginning...We are not Drunks,Drug Heads ...we are just like any normal FAMILY trying to do right.....THANKS EVERYBODY.....

And Thank you for being here Kenny, we're all here to support you and your family in the search for Shane, I just wish there was more we could do. The way you and your family have been treated by LE is just shameful and unconscionable IMO.

I do have a question, can you tell me what your and your family's opinion is concerning the sighting of the homeless guy that reportedly resembles Shane ? And has there been any ongoing searches in the areas in which these sightings have taken place ? Sorry if this has already been asked / answered. And thank you again. :seeya:

I can tell you from the VERY BEGINNING...The police tried to twist things all up....They said Shane had done this before in another state that was WRONG...They said we was just trying to make money off of Shane's disappearance when we went on the family Vacation...The first question the PI asked was who was in charge of the Shane Account...We are still not in charge of the Donation Account...I can tell your for three days the police dist. were the wreck happened didn't know about the wreck or Shane's disappearance...We are FAMILY FIRST and that's what pissed me off from the very beginning...We are not Drunks,Drug Heads ...we are just like any normal FAMILY trying to do right.....THANKS EVERYBODY.....

Kenny,

What I don't understand is who is giving LE this wrong information in the first place where it's shamefully on the record and hurting the investigation? Was there some mistaken identity situation that Shane was involved with in Georgia or Louisiana? Why are they pulling this stuff out of the air to treat your family in this horrible way? I don't get it! Oh yea, and if you have any updates on the alleged homeless man that people thought could be Shane? I wonder about this homeless person's record with LE?

It's almost like LE has messed up Shane's case file with some other bad guy who looks like him, but is certainly not him. I think there are underlining circumstances here that are worse than LE incompetence.

Satch

I think LA (Le) and Fells family got off on the wrong foot. Case Frustration can do that. I think blaming LE for issues is sign of disrespect with some of them. Police Le don't like to considered unhelpful. I think the Fell where offended when they brought up his dwi/dui record and slapped it on the table. I think the tone was set in the wrong fashion. In the south some folk can be real stern in speaking and presenting the facts. Not everyone use to that kind of sub line tone or abuse if they want to call it that.

It turn to a case of distaste , I don't think it counter productive for either of them to go at each other and or vise versa. This man need to be found, the clocking is always ticking, no man can stop time. I think they should research all avenues and expect the worst but pray for the best. I just feel it only two things that could have happened.

One he lost his memory and is out there in La some where by a given ride dropped off., or 2. He was swallowed / killed by a boa snake or the sorts

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back