Identified! MD - Annapolis, WhtMale body in Weems Creek, Jul'14 - Zoltan Hamor

astridxx

Reaction score
WASHINGTON - Police say a body was found in the water at Weems Creek Bridge in Annapolis Sunday morning.

The unidentified man's body was recovered around noon Sunday after a passer-by reported spotting it in the water.

Maryland Natural Resources Police are waiting for forensic investigators to take the body to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

The drawbridge was locked in the open position this weekend for maintenance and to allow boats to pass.

NRP describes the white man as about 5-foot-10 and weighing about 180 pounds with short brown hair and no beard.

He was believed to be in his 30s. The man was found with a SCUBA mask and was holding a lit flashlight. He was wearing black and blue swimming trunks and goggles.

Police are asking for the public's help in identifying the man. Anyone with information is asked to call 410-260-8888.

http://wtop.com/46/3657527/Body-found-under-Annapolis-drawbridge

This one sounds like a completely solvable MP. Hope this person has his identity discovered and he can be claimed by his loved ones, who must be worried about him.

I hope so, too. Surely someone is missing a SCUBA loving family member. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Wow. Creepy. The flashlight was still lit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right?! Imagine how horrible if he had been found at night!

I just saw this pop up on Facebook. The locals are asking everyone to check on their neighbors and friends.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...lis/bs-md-weems-body-20140706,0,4665665.story

About 11 a.m., a witness spotted the body at Weems Creek Bridge, a drawbridge at Ridgely Avenue, police said. Upon recovery, Natural Resources Police said the body was that of a 5-foot-10, 180-pound white male wearing black and blue striped swim trunks and a scuba mask. Police also said the man had short brown hair, was clean shaven and was holding a lit flashlight.
Anyone with information may call 410-260-8888.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...s-body-20140706,0,4665665.story#ixzz36ugR1XQN

local news just reported that he's been identified and is suspected of shoplifting from a Zumiez store in Ann Arundel Mall.

oddly, this is the second Zumiez store in the news after the shooting at nearby Columbia Mall several months ago.

Couldn't have been there too long if the torch was still working? Any reason you would go diving with a torch in this area? What would he be looking for?

I haven't got a clue what he would be looking for. There is nothing spectacular there. Its odd to me that he was found with the flashlight in his hand still.

why would someone put on a snorkel mask and swim trunks and carry a flashlight alone in the water? He must have been local to the area....but it is very odd to me.

I haven't got a clue what he would be looking for. There is nothing spectacular there. Its odd to me that he was found with the flashlight in his hand still.

why would someone put on a snorkel mask and swim trunks and carry a flashlight alone in the water? He must have been local to the area....but it is very odd to me.

He may have lost something down there and thought he could find with a mask and flashlight. Car keys, maybe?

ajure8es.jpg

Found this image of the bridge on FourSquare, along with "there's a lot of nice houses around there." Doesn't look like a creek to me, but like a river! Can any locals verify this IS the bridge??

Maybe he is/was someone from the Naval Academy practicing scuba techniques for a summer class ?

ajure8es.jpg

Found this image of the bridge on FourSquare, along with "there's a lot of nice houses around there." Doesn't look like a creek to me, but like a river! Can any locals verify this IS the bridge??

It is a creek and leads to the Severn River. Annapolis is a very wealthy city with miles and miles of waterfront property and expensive yachts and mansions.

I think the odd thing is that no one is looking for this man. Hasn't anyone missed work, missed phone calls, etc? Its not a place someone from out of town would likely choose to go snorkeling. Plus the water is murky and muddy and snorkeling there makes no sense.

From the pic, this is near docks or a marina. He may have been inspecting or cleaning the underside of one of the boats or a dock. They don't mention SCUBA gear, only the mask.

I have been a diver 36 years, seldom carry lighting except for that reason or something similar.

From the pic, this is near docks or a marina. He may have been inspecting or cleaning the underside of one of the boats or a dock. They don't mention SCUBA gear, only the mask.

I have been a diver 36 years, seldom carry lighting except for that reason or something similar.

My bad, mods feel free to change title to reflect correct info!! :)

I am thinking he had boat motor trouble of some sort (maybe an inboard motor) and was repairing it, and maybe dropped the brand-new replacement part into the water. Boat propellers are not cheap. They also sink quickly because they are heavy.

If that is the case they should be able to find his identity pretty quick. Just find abandoned boats?

If a boat is tied up to the pier, it may not be obvious right away. Usually boat owners will do repairs at the pier. If the boat is in the middle of a lake or whatever, and something conks out, the boater will do emergency repairs if possible, to get the boat back to shore quickly. Depending on the type of motor, and the specific repair, the person doing the repair sometimes needs to be in the water to fix the problem, whether in the middle of the lake or in the water next to the pier. Sometimes boats have to be towed in by another boat. Could the waves/wind/current have carried him across or into the marina from where he originally entered the water?

It sounds like he dropped something into the water, or thought he had dropped something, and was out there looking for it ( new iphone,wallet, designer sunglasses....)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back