Found Deceased MO - Lynn Messer, 52, Ste Genevieve County, 8 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
b24f82a0-4112-4ee9-a8f9-d92d2fabe422_zpsf33a4e82.jpg

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/07/08/lynn-messer-missing-ste-genevieve/12391963/

The St. Genevieve County Sheriff's Office says Lynn Marie Messer was last seen in the 6300 block of Route DD around 4 a.m. Tuesday. She's described as standing 5'2" tall, weighing 150 pounds, with blonde hair, green eyes, and a fair complexion.

Messer's purse, cell phone, and other personal items were left at the home. She has a broken toe and does not have her walking boot with her. Police say she has a history of depression, and evidence indicates she may be in danger.

http://kplr11.com/2014/07/08/search-underway-for-missing-person-in-ste-genevieve-county/

Marie Messer who disappeared from her home early Tuesday morning. Family members called the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Office to help search for Messer who left from her family farm located on Highway DD and Dry Fork Road.

Officials also say the property is at least 300 acres. 60 people from St. Louis County Regional Command Post responded along with Eureka Search and Rescue, K-9 teams and local fire departments are helping out with the search on foot. Planes were used during the day and heat sensor cameras and 15 search dogs were used at night.

http://www.stegenherald.com/news/article_d52c54ae-087b-11e4-9925-001a4bcf887a.html

Chief Deputy Maj. Jason Schott of the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff's Office said July 10 that as of yet, no evidence had been found that might point investigators in the direction of Lynn Marie Messer's whereabouts.

The agency suspended the official search for Messer as of midday Wednesday (July 9). Search teams and rescue dogs from Eureka took part in the search, as did roughly 50 people and dogs from the St. Louis Regional Response System, which is affiliated with the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Troop C. Family members, friends, and members of Messer's church, however, began coordinating their own search party on the evening of July 9, Schott said.

Schott said he, Sheriff Gary Stolzer, one other deputy from the Sheriff's Office and two Missouri State Highway Patrol troopers also came out July 10 to help in the search. A Highway Patrol helicopter was brought in as well, Schott said. Stolzer said July 10 that the 300-acre farm property had been scoured three times and a larger 400-acre area had been thoroughly combed.

6d6ec9f4-8dd9-4689-adcf-63bb01cfbd48_zpsdfb4d39a.jpg

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_f37e1d36-b8a1-59d6-9837-2f27ab782dbc.html

There has been a Facebook page created and it’s titled “Find Lynn Messer” its purpose is to help keep the public up to date on what is going on and as a way for volunteers to get in contact with the family to help with the search.

So I went to find the Find Lynn Messer page and there isn't one. So I searched a little more and found someone saying it was taken down at LE's request due to the ongoing investigation. Since when does this happen?

there has been very little information released by the news media in St. Louis regarding this case, something doesn't ring right with this case.

supposed to be a media conference today at 10 am asking the media to air pictures, and request help in searching. How does she simply disappear with a broken toe at 4 o'clock in the morning? No mention of any of the dogs being gone, so don't think she went for a walk (as she sometimes did according to her fb page), leaving everything behind? Nope, not buying it. I would think since her husband is such a public figure that the media would be all over it, nope, very quiet. I know some folks are very much into their religion, but his long winded posts are more about him and his relationship to the lord than about desperately getting out information about his missing bride.

She has a history of depression.....perhaps the fear is that she has um, harmed herself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/07/17/search-continues-for-missing-ste-genevieve-woman-2/

Detective Austin Clark says despite an extensive search using dogs, planes and dozens of highway patrol officers, they still haven’t found her.

“On the 15th, we actually set up two checkpoints during the nighttime hours to contact motorists and see if they had any knowledge of what was going on to develop more leads, and we have developed more leads and are working through those,” he says.

I read one article early on that said she suffered from depression (stated by family member) and then in a second article it was stated (again by a family member) that she did not have depression - so, who knows. It is just so strange to me that living on a farm and having dogs (which she did according to her personal fb page) that she could simply walk out in the middle of the night and no dogs went with her unless they were penned up for the night. There has been no mention of any of the dogs missing - whole thing is mighty strange.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/search-for-missing-ste-genevieve-county-woman-continues/

Ste. Genevieve County sheriff’s Major Jason Schott says the trail is going cold. “We’re still trying to find leads or clues of some sort that take us in a direction of where Lynn’s at or what has happened to Lynn,” he says.

As the official search is being scaled back, the family of Lynn Messer have organized their own searches in a wide swath around her home.

The husband stated no police removal of the facebook page, that he personally had it closed to correct inadvertent errors causing some confusions and to check back.

I just came across this case recently and did a quick search and came up with the link above. I am not sure if I am allowed to post it or not? Apparently, LM was a breeder of Dobermans. I came across a site that has several people criticizing her breeding practices. I am just wondering if LE has taken a look at any potential "animal rights activists" that may have wished harm on her. I know it's a bit "out there" as a theory, but found it odd that the first thing I found when searching her name was this particular site. Do you think it would be OK for me to link to the forum or no?

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_e46d8338-228e-5ce7-87bc-a1d85ed2bf8f.html

It has now been nearly a month since Lynn Messer went missing from her family home in rural Ste. Genevieve County on July 8. Since then countless emergency responders, canines and volunteers have searched the nearly 250 acres the home sits on and the surrounding area...

“Volunteer search parties have pretty much taken over and expanded out searching other areas of condensed woodlands, area homes, outbuildings, and properties,” said Stolzer. “Our department has been following up on tips we receive through the hotline.”

http://www.abpnews.com/ministry/people/item/29059-search-for-lobbyist-s-wife-enters-second-month

The search for a Missouri Baptist lobbyist’s wife continues a month after she disappeared without a trace from her home on a 270-acre family farm an hour south of St. Louis...

Kerry Messer posted a personal message to his wife of 34 years Aug. 6 on a “Find Lynn Messer” Facebook page in hopes that it might somehow reach her, surmising that her disappearance might have something to do with a reaction to pain medication prescribed for her due to a broken toe.

I just came across this case recently and did a quick search and came up with the link above. I am not sure if I am allowed to post it or not? Apparently, LM was a breeder of Dobermans. I came across a site that has several people criticizing her breeding practices. I am just wondering if LE has taken a look at any potential "animal rights activists" that may have wished harm on her. I know it's a bit "out there" as a theory, but found it odd that the first thing I found when searching her name was this particular site. Do you think it would be OK for me to link to the forum or no?

The husband, Kerry Messer is a conservative activist and lobbyist. So there were some who may not have cared much for him either.
They may never find this woman.

Every time I hear of a woman going missing in the night while her husband is supposedly sleeping, guess who I immediately suspect?

I hope this woman is located.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back