The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10 - Trial Day 11 - Trial Day 12 - Trial Day 13 - Trial Day 14 - Trial Day 15
Trial Day 16 - Trial Day 17

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

Trial has dealt with both charges Squizz so the jury have to decide on both the murder and interference with a corpse charge.

Ali if you don't mind, what are your thoughts on the manslaughter option? It confuses me a bit as in my view, he hasn't provided ANY evidence to the jury that would lead them to believe he did kill her but it wasn't intentional, or it was an accident. I would have thought that, because he has made no admissions about killing her at all, he would be either guilty of murder and covering it up, or not. It is different from say the Pistorius situation where he is saying yes I did kill her, but it wasn't murder, it was an accident. How could the jury find that GBC accidentally killed Allison I wonder (with no suggestion of an accident by GBC or his defence)? I hope I'm making sense.

I am thinking Monday sometime , and the sooner imo the better chance of murder , BTW is this trial about the charge of interfering with a corpse or does that come later

I've been wondering about that to Squizzey. I've not heard any mention of it. Can you help us with this Allioop?

aaaa ali answered that and it is yes , both charges being heard

Marly would you mind reposting those few questions to me on the last page of the previous thread to make it easier for me to reply with quote. Thanks.

Good morning and G'day Websleuthers :loveyou:

:coffeews:

It looks like a short session this morning, then it'll be deliberations behind closed doors. I doubt very much that it will be an agonising, prolonged wait.

IMO manslaughter or murder isn't the issue. I would suggest that GBC, with his particular view of reality, needs to be kept away from influencing the upbringing of three young girls. The longer the better of course, that goes without saying, however once the girls are emotionally mature, they will have the reasoning abilities to recognise when they are being manipulated.

:moo:

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust 1h
The jury in the trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay expected to retire today to consider a verdict #badenclay

It looks like a short session this morning, then it'll be deliberations behind closed doors. I doubt very much that it will be an agonising, prolonged wait.

IMO manslaughter or murder isn't the issue. I would suggest that GBC, with his particular view of reality, needs to be kept away from influencing the upbringing of three young girls. The longer the better of course, that goes without saying, however once the girls are emotionally mature, they will have the reasoning abilities to recognise when they are being manipulated.

:moo:

I take your point about the girls, but with the greatest respect the WHOLE ISSUE here is about killing , either murder or manslaughter , nothing more , nothing less:shame:

Alioops - You know I am hopeless with these captiva seats - is there room to tuck a tarp/plastic paint sheet between the wheel arch and where the seats fold down. to secure the sheet in place? Cause if the plastic had protected the material of the seats from the blood and allowed the blood to drip through - maybe that is how the blood started the 'rivulet'?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard is in court, judge to finish his summing up, day 18 of the trial

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

We're in court getting ready for day 18 of the Baden-Clay trial. Judge is expected to complete his summing up. @couriermail

Marly, a quick question before we start. Is there a view first unread on this new format like on the last, or do you have to scroll down? I'm on an ipad. TIA.

Good morning all.
Coffee in hand.
Heater on.
Looking forward to sharing the morning with you all.
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member