GUILTY IA - Crystal Gaffney, 29, slain, kids abducted, Linn County, 8 July 2014

It doesn't mention which city in Blackhawk County but the largest cities are Waterloo and Cedar Falls just north of Evansdale where Elizabeth and Lyric went missing. I'm not saying it's related at all just giving reference to those from out of state. It's also really surreal to see reports of two missing girls from the same area nearly 2 years to the day of Lizzie and Lyric's disappearance. Praying Mia and Brooklyn find a happier ending!!

It doesn't mention which city in Blackhawk County but the largest cities are Waterloo and Cedar Falls just north of Evansdale where Elizabeth and Lyric went missing. I'm not saying it's related at all just giving reference to those from out of state. It's also really surreal to see reports of two missing girls from the same area nearly 2 years to the day of Lizzie and Lyric's disappearance. Praying Mia and Brooklyn find a happier ending!!

There are actually THREE girls in the alert....MIA & BROOKLYN Gaffney and 8 month old Naveah Hogan.

BLACK HAWK COUNTY, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Public Safety has issued an Amber Alert for three girls, 6-year-old Mia Elaine Gaffney, 8-year-old Brooklyn Anne-Marie Gaffney and 8-month-old Nevaeh Hogan. Law enforcement describes Elaine as 4’0” tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes and Brooklyn as 4’4” tall, also 80 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. An online listing of the Amber Alert does not list a phyiscal description of Nevaeh Hogan.

Read more at http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/io...or-missing-girls-20140709#tI1BuZwTCXRoOuOH.99

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_6a791436-f0f2-5f1e-8ba9-fe980fa3e594.html

Authorities have confirmed that the woman found dead near the town of Walker in Linn County is believed to be the mother of the girls who where the subject of an Amber Alert late Wednesday.

The three girls --- identified as Mia Elaine Gaffney, 6 years, Brooklyn Anne-Marie Gaffney, 8, and Nevaeh Hogan, 8 months --- were found safe in the Waterloo area less than an hour after the alert was issued.

The man listed as the possible abductor, 36-year-old Shaun Michael Hogan, is still at large, and authorities said he should be considered dangerous.

So...now that they know the situation he's considered dangerous. I am glad they've come out and said as much. How horrible for those little girls. :( I wonder how the heck he ended up in Walker though...that is just weird considering there are plenty of remote areas closer to W'loo. What a heartless SOB...dump the mother of 3 little kids on a gravel road and then go on the run. Idiot.

I am wondering if maybe she wasn't dead when she was dumped. Maybe he had beaten her pretty much senseless and left her in the ditch or something and she only had the strength to crawl to the road.

Ugh...I hope they find him soon...but he's had plenty of time to be long gone and out of the state by now.

Shaun Hogan's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shaun.hogan.3766

Very interesting posts this week.

Holy crapola...

On the other hand...I'm just going to be rude and insensitive because it's too early for me to muster much more gumption than this:
These little kids deserve better than this...possibly both of them have issues from the sounds of it.

God bless those little babies - may someone step in and get them in a safe, loving, nurturing environment.

What a sad case... at least this guy, at 6'6" and 250 lbs should be fairly easy to identify. I don't see how he can be on the run long being as recognizable as he is.

http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/io...issues-amber-alert-for-missing-girls-20140709

With him switching vehicles I hope they find him soon...hopefully no one is helping this out, but it certainly looks like he's on the run. This doesn't appear to be a misunderstanding. And why they won't just come out and call him a suspect is beyond me. I'll never understand that. "We just want to talk to him"...right.:facepalm:

Wow. Looking at those Facebook posts it's easy to see this was a train wreck waiting to happen. I just can't figure out the whole abduction thing. The 8 month old is Shaun's but the older two aren't. The initial Amber Alert said they'd been missing since 3 pm on July 9 but the Amber Alert didn't post until after 10 last night. I'd be interested to hear who was watching the girls during the day yesterday since their mother was already gone by then and how Shaun came to take all three of them. I hope those girls have someone to take care of them now. Poor things :(

I'm home alone in Cedar Rapids today and my doors are locked. I'm sure this guy is either hiding out with friends and family or driving as far away as he can but I get a little paranoid.

I'm wondering about the Amber Alert. Did he take them? Where were they found? Did she go after him with tragic results?

Everyone following might want to be paying attention to any media and new stations here shortly..... ;)

Yes, he took the girls (all 3) and they were found safe. I don't know what/how the two of them ended up in Walker though. I really hope he didn't kill those little girl's mother in front of them then dump them off with someone while he went on the run...but it seems a likely scenario. :( I just don't know how he ended up with all 3 of the girls unless they were all together.

I agree though...it was a train wreck before this. And I can only imagine what kind of custody battles are going to derive from the families over those little girls.

Does that mean they got him?

I am not verified nor do I have media to back it up but it is my understanding he is in WPD custody as of a half hour ago. I'm sure there will be a press release, I have all WPD and all local media pulled up and I'm just waiting on it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back