MAPS - Cooper Harris case

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 possible routes to Little Apron Academy from Chik-Fil-A. The blue route involves dealing with a one-way-only part of Cumberland Pkwy up near CFA (so follow red arrows). *Note larger red oval--must turn left there to loop around and proceed north on Cumberland Pkwy. The alternate gray route is a 2-way route from what I can tell on the map.

Route to WORK (Treehouse @ 2600 Cumberland Pkwy SE) from CFA: (similar, but continuing north on Cumberland Pkwy).

Satellite close-up of workplace (Treehouse @ 2600 Cumberland Pkwy), showing possible right-hand turns he'd have made before parking:

ETA: Seems he turned into the second row from the top, parking in first space (by tree), backing in.

Some maps that might be helpful...

SATELLITE PHOTO - 3 KEY PLACES:
ajemyne8.jpg

View of Home Depot Corporate from China fil a.

View from intersection between Chic fil a and the Treehouse.
ype9yta5.jpg

View from Publix parking lot where RH got lunch. Publix is directly behind Chic Fil a.
Corporate can still be seen.

3a2y2y3y.jpg

Sattelite view of movie theater and pizza place where RH stopped.

dymy3ege.jpg

If RH was headed to the movie theater (red "B") he should have turned RIGHT on Hwy 41.
Instead he crossed 41 and ended up at the back of the pizza place. (Purple triangle)
The theater isn't even in the same shopping center as the theater, however it is one road he could take to get home.

Close up of where RH pulled Cooper out of his CUV.
8utepeze.jpg

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

View from intersection between Chic fil a and the Treehouse.
ype9yta5.jpg

Satellite view of intersection just after exiting Chik-Fil-A (where two branches, N & S, of Cumberland are)--it appears that one cannot turn LEFT at this intersection (eg. the white car below) to proceed to Treehouse, but must go straight or right. (See white arrows on Google map below.)

So it appears that in order to go NORTH, one would have to first go SOUTH, then loop around at Paces Walk. Here are Google's convoluted directions for travel from Chik-Fil-A to the daycare:

Here's the larger picture:

To get to work, one would just continue northward on Cumberland Pkwy after making the loop. If there are any locals who can tell me if these Google directions/street markings are wrong, please let me know! :)

Satellite view of intersection just after exiting Chik-Fil-A (where two branches, N & S, of Cumberland are)--it appears that one cannot turn LEFT at this intersection to proceed to Treehouse, but must go straight or right. (See white arrows on Google map below.)

So it appears that in order to go NORTH, one would have to first go SOUTH, then loop around at Paces Walk. Here are Google's convoluted directions for travel from Chik-Fil-A to the daycare:

Here's the larger picture:

To get to work, one would just continue northward on Cumberland Pkwy after making the loop. If there are any locals who can tell me if these Google directions/street markings are wrong, please let me know! :)
He would have turned RIGHT out of Chic fila and the hung LEFT U TURN where the circle is on the map. This intersection I referenced is at the red light where Cumberland Parkway crosses
Paces Ferry Rd. That is where he would have turned LEFT to drop Cooper at daycare.

*Remove that Paces Ferry Walk from the equation in the written directions. That would be incorrect and unnecessary.

He would have turned RIGHT out of Chic fila and the hung LEFT U TURN where the circle is on the map. This intersection I referenced is at the red light where Cumberland Parkway crosses
Paces Ferry Rd. That is where he would have turned LEFT to drop Cooper at daycare.

*Remove that Paces Ferry Walk from the equation in the written directions. That would be incorrect and unnecessary.

Thank you! I kept looking for the U-turn referenced by Stoddard and knew it wasn't at the split further up (two branches of N- and S-bound Cumberland). That makes perfect sense, now. Google maps/directions only go so far in helping out-of-towners...

So...just ignore the lower loop, folks. U-turn at the red oval, and the route is even shorter.

ETA: However, it occurs to me that Stoddard's testimony that he'd have made up his mind (to go to work instead of daycare) by the U-turn isn't quite accurate, then? B/c if going EITHER to daycare or to work, he'd have made the u-turn. The LEFT turn toward daycare at your intersection is the deciding turn. I'll have to go back and check notes; maybe he referenced the left turn, not the u-turn...

Thank you! I kept looking for the U-turn referenced by Stoddard and knew it wasn't at the split further up (two branches of N- and S-bound Cumberland). That makes perfect sense, now. Google maps/directions only go so far in helping out-of-towners...

So...just ignore the lower loop, folks. U-turn at the red oval, and the route is even shorter.
Bingo! Google maps for directions has started doing a turn by turn GPS type drive there. Maybe I can figure out how to link it.

http://binged.it/W02jWp

1.1 mi, 5 min driving

5 min with traffic

view route based on traffic

A

2485 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339

Depart*Cumberland Pkwy SE*towardPaces Walk SE

0.3 mi

Make a U-turn*at*Paces Walk SE

0.8 mi

Arrive*at*2600 Cumberland Pkwy SE, GA 30339

If you reach Mt Wilkinson Pkwy SE, you've gone too far

B

2600 Cumberland Pkwy SE, GA 30339
View Larger MapDriving Directions

New tablet, I'm feeling stupid fumbling around here!
Finally got the link, can't get a pic up.

Great street view shots and screenshots! These really give you a feel for what it is like to be there.

Here is a zoomable map of some of the places that have been mentioned if you want an overview. Feel free to message me with an address of any other locations that you want me to add as the case progresses.

Cooper Harris case map

Great street view shots and screenshots! These really give you a feel for what it is like to be there.

Here is a zoomable map of some of the places that have been mentioned if you want an overview. Feel free to message me with an address of any other locations that you want me to add as the case progresses.

Cooper Harris case map

Fabulous--map key and everything!

http://binged.it/W02jWp

1.1 mi, 5 min driving

5 min with traffic

view route based on traffic

A

2485 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339

Depart*Cumberland Pkwy SE*towardPaces Walk SE

0.3 mi

Make a U-turn*at*Paces Walk SE

0.8 mi

Arrive*at*2600 Cumberland Pkwy SE, GA 30339

If you reach Mt Wilkinson Pkwy SE, you've gone too far

B

2600 Cumberland Pkwy SE, GA 30339
View Larger MapDriving Directions

New tablet, I'm feeling stupid fumbling around here!
Finally got the link, can't get a pic up.

No problem--the Bing map is great. I think I'm switching loyalties from Google to Bing for plotting routes. ;)

Corrected route map:

ADDRESSES (from warrants):

Home: 1212 Wynnes Ridge Cir, Marieta, GA, 30067

Chick-Fil-A: 2485 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339
(Paces Ferry & Cumberland)

Little Apron Academy (daycare): 2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Atlanta, GA 30339

Home Depot Treehouse: 2600 Cumberland Blvd SE, Atlanta, GA 30339

Shoppng Center: 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30339

Would this also be the place for views of the parking lot at The Treehouse? If so, here is one standing in the parking lot. There is a man in a yellow shirt walking toward the building
(if you go the overhead view there is a man in a blue shirt walking also) look up past the lamppost and it looks like Hyundai Tuscon. Not saying it his, just it looks like it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=++ho...A2ubs3J6GVsUCYnmqBw&cbp=13,97.59,,0,4.65&z=21

Satellite close-up of workplace (Treehouse @ 2600 Cumberland Pkwy), showing possible right-hand turns he'd have made before parking:

ETA: Seems he turned into the second row from the top, parking in first space (by tree), backing in.

In the demo done by LE last Wednesday, it showed the Hyundai in the row by the storage building in the back of the lot. I think they said he parked in the fourth row next to a curb with grass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10