Woman searching for missing son drives over 200ft cliff, goes home to bed

zwiebel

Reaction score
This is surely an 'only in Germany in a VW' story....

A Bavarian woman searching for her missing 16 year old son is now under investigation for leaving the scene of an accident without authorization. During the search, she became disorientated and drove - wait for it - over a 200ft mountain edge. You can just see her red VW in the photo.

Not only was she miraculously virtually uninjured, but she turned the engine off, put the handbrake on, and walked home and went to bed. Meanwhile, emergency services had been alerted to the wrecked vehicle and a big air and ground search was underway. It was some time before they discovered the woman was actually safe back at her house.

It doesn't say if her missing boy, who often camps on the mountain, turned up but I'm presuming he must have.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140711/woman-unharmed-after-60-meter-fall-in-bavaria

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 82
Oh, I forgot to say she removed the keys too, of course. A person can get fined for leaving their keys in a vehicle in Germany.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 80
that's a neat story - amazing she wasn't hurt....."don't have time for lengthy investigations" --- she's so practical too LOL

if she's charged I wonder if she will protest that she doesn't have time for that process either and prefer to pay a fine?

Why do they think she had an accident? maybe she was just parking the car!!

I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt & was formulating all kinds of plausible excuses in my mind until I saw her quote about not having time. Now I feel like she's just a total doofus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back