The Grand Jury & Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoirotryInMotion

Registered Muser
Reaction score
Page Pate ‏@pagepate 9m

Interesting. @DailyReport: Cobb Judge Staley Gets Hot Car Death Case: http://bit.ly/1r1R4YM

Page Pate ‏@pagepate 8m

@VictorCNN @MartinSavidge @CNNValencia Judge Staley assigned to #HotCarDeath case. Long time superior court judge. i have been in her court

*Mods...I saw no other thread to put this in; feel free to retitle thread as needed.

You can't read the link unless you sign up and or pay! So in my opinion a bad link. Need another source.

Just googled the judge "Cobb Judge Staley" ....Look at the first link

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...y-chocolate-appeal-by-death-row-inmate-denied

Caution, a little lewd. Judge Staley needs to maintain a professional demeanor at all times, IMO. Hopefully she knows she'll be in the national spotlight sitting on this case and she won't entertain any disrespectful shenanigans. I'll assume she learned her lesson after the situation she tolerated during the above-cited DP trial.

IMO

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...y-chocolate-appeal-by-death-row-inmate-denied

Caution, a little lewd. Judge Staley needs to maintain a professional demeanor at all times, IMO. Hopefully she knows she'll be in the national spotlight sitting on this case and she won't entertain any disrespectful shenanigans. I'll assume she learned her lesson after the situation she tolerated during the above-cited DP trial.

IMO
Good Lord....sounds like another Casey Anthony-caliber jury. Giving sexually explicit gifts to the judge as a "joke" after a trial detailing the rape and murder of a child?? What is this world coming to? At least they found the guilty, I guess. Hopefully it will stick after their shenanigans!

Eta....I don't really find the judge at fault. She did throw the gift away. It's just another tale of a woefully immature and unprofessional jury :(

Sorry, it was the link attached to the first tweet about it. Here's another link:

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...rofile-of-Judge-Mary-Staley?cmp=share_twitter

(Google is your friend...)

That link also tells me to sign up and won't let me read.

Yes Google is my friend and I use it all of the time. I wanted something that told me specifically that Judge Staley was going to be the judge in the trial against JRH.

I just googled the judge and nothing comes up about her and the Cooper Harris case. imo

That link also tells me to sign up and won't let me read.

Yes Google is my friend and I use it all of the time. I wanted something that told me specifically that Judge Staley was going to be the judge in the trial against JRH.

I just googled the judge and nothing comes up about her and the Cooper Harris case. imo

The first link asked me to sign up (which I didn't); the second I provided gave me access to the whole article, no problem. Maybe try again?

IMO

What in the world??? What would possess a jury to give such things to a judge and baliff? I can't imagine sitting around the table saying, "Hey, let's get the judge and baliff some chocolate shaped like a _____ and a pair of _____...." This was a murder trial with the victim being a young girl. How disrespectful, on so many levels.

Q. How long does a grand jury work? How often do they meet?

A. There are six grand jury terms each year, and each term lasts for two months. So the 25 grand jurors who are selected in early January, for example, will finish in early March. During the two-month term, the jurors meet every Thursday to review criminal indictments, and on Fridays for civil investigations.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Grand jury procedures duties revealed

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Wow, so they assign a judge even before a grand jury hands down an indictment? Seems like that is prejudicial in some respects. Does the judge then free up time to handle a trial that doesn't even exist yet? Or what. What is the purpose of that?

It says will preside over "IF" a grand jury returns an indictment.

Wow, so they assign a judge even before a grand jury hands down an indictment? Seems like that is prejudicial in some respects. Does the judge then free up time to handle a trial that doesn't even exist yet? Or what. What is the purpose of that?

bbm

Not being an atty, don't take my word for it, but I'm guessing that's the point?

The evidence made it through a PCH and a Grand Jury is still not a trial and therefore subject to different rules; perhaps they want to secure her docket for the sake of the speedy trial afforded to RH under the Constitution... if no trial, then hey, she's free for other stuff, but they want to secure the spot now to meet his Constitutional rights.... my complete blind guess and TOTALLY my opinion... ????

Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley has been assigned to preside over the Justin Ross Harris trial. Judge Staley was selected by lottery according to an administrator in the Cobb County courts, and "wasn't chosen for any specific reason."

... law enforcement is "still investigating" and not reporting any new updates at this time. There is no news on the case, and they "do not know when they will be done with the investigation."

Once this investigation is complete, the District Attorney will look at the evidence and determine whether or not it will even see a Grand Jury.

Attorney Joel Pugh said an unbiased jury might be difficult in this county at this point in time. A move out of Cobb County will not impact the selection of Judge Mary Staley, who will stay on the case during a change of venue.

Attorney Joel Pugh also said that avid trial watchers might be disappointed if they are hoping things will go quickly. Given that the police investigation is underway, Pugh said, "I would be surprised if anything really happens on this case this year – other than what's happened already."

http://www.examiner.com/article/justin-ross-harris-judge-assigned-hot-car-death-leanna-harris-talks

IMO

Good grief! Jurors that are possibly stupider then the Casey Anthony jurors

Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley has been assigned to preside over the Justin Ross Harris trial. Judge Staley was selected by lottery according to an administrator in the Cobb County courts, and "wasn't chosen for any specific reason."

... law enforcement is "still investigating" and not reporting any new updates at this time. There is no news on the case, and they "do not know when they will be done with the investigation."

Once this investigation is complete, the District Attorney will look at the evidence and determine whether or not it will even see a Grand Jury.

Attorney Joel Pugh said an unbiased jury might be difficult in this county at this point in time. A move out of Cobb County will not impact the selection of Judge Mary Staley, who will stay on the case during a change of venue.

Attorney Joel Pugh also said that avid trial watchers might be disappointed if they are hoping things will go quickly. Given that the police investigation is underway, Pugh said, "I would be surprised if anything really happens on this case this year – other than what's happened already."

http://www.examiner.com/article/justin-ross-harris-judge-assigned-hot-car-death-leanna-harris-talks

BBM: :tantrum:

btw - Thank you JerseyGirl for all the links provided through out the case.

Yes JerseyGirl :blowkiss:

You have been working your bee-hind off and it has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated!

You are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member