Apparent LIES, Relevant OMISSIONS, and Other Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoirotryInMotion

Registered Muser
Reaction score
I've been keeping a Word Doc just to track the parts of this case that (to me) indicate that I don't believe JRH is innocent because IMO, he is simply not a credible witness. I've put his statements into three strict groups--1) apparent LIES, 2) significant OMISSIONS, and 3) NONSENSE (stretches logical credibility to the snapping point). Outright LIES have to pass a stringent test (I believe he had to KNOW they were lies as they passed his lips).

APPARENT LIES by RH

• Tells friends he’ll “be late” to the movie, & not to wait for him; he then leaves work at 4:15 (and it’s a 10-min. drive to the movie theater.)

--And if he wasn't lying about 'being late,' was he really thinking he'd make it to the movie after all, maybe catch the last half of the show after the truck from the ME whisked his child's body away?

• tells witnesses at Akers Mill the child had just been “choking” – ME said child had been dead for about 4 hours. (At the scene, it was obvious that rigor mortis had set in.) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz35cm53SJY

• Akers Mill – told LE he wasn’t talking to anyone on the phone; but spoke with someone for 6 minutes at the daycare toddler rm 5.
He was heard by officers on the scene telling whoever was on the other end of the line that his child had died, but police said Harris told them he was never able to reach anyone he called.
Stoddard testified that when officers told Harris to get off of his phone at the scene, he said, "No." When they asked again, he told them, "(Expletive) you."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

• Harris described to his wife how Cooper looked when he pulled him out of the vehicle. He told her Cooper looked peaceful, and that his eyes and mouth were closed,'' Stoddard testified.
In fact, police said, Cooper was in full rigor, the car smelled of decomposition even hours after the body was removed, and Cooper's eyes were partially open, as was his mouth. His tongue was protruding through his lips. [hearing testimony]

RELEVANT OMISSIONS by RH

• RH idn’t tell LE he asked that friend AH stop at HD after lunch so RH could buy light bulbs: he also didn’t tell LE he tossed them into his car after lunch. Midday trip to car was only acknowledged after LE found it on videotape surveillance.

NONSENSE by RH

• When Harris told police he forgot his son was in the car, Stoddard said, he gave the excuse that Cooper must’ve “fallen asleep.” It was 40 seconds to the left-hand turn toward daycare, and less than 2 minutes to RH’s workplace.

From the NE report.

The man says that RH said, " How are you guys doing?" And the bit about no TV

Lies on reddit about:

1. -having a masters degree
  2. -selling his house in January 2012

• Stoddard mentioning on the stand that he heard two stories about how Ross was involved in law enforcement: a jailer and a dispatcher

• Ross mentioning that he kissed Cooper after he buckled him in because he always does that in case they get in an accident. Really????? I call BS on that detail. It goes against him regardless, since he should have remembered his kid that he just kissed.

• Texting his wife when she is going to pick up his little buddy. WHY????

• Telling his friends he will be late for the movie. WHY????

• He phones his wife ONCE after he finds Cooper dead and then doesn't try her phone again. WHY?????

My fave: "But there was no malicious intent."

He said he was 27 years old on his Skout profile.

RH stated that he had researched car seat regulations and Cooper was in the appropriate seat for his age and weight. Nope

"RJ" from Smyrna

I'm "harmless"

Thanks for these additions; for the sake of clarity (at least in my own head! ;)), I'd like to try to limit these to lies/omissions/nonsense that is relevant specifically to this particular case (testimony, etc.) though it seems apparent this sort of thing is a pattern that goes beyond the specific case concerning Cooper's death.

In other words, I think we all have a pretty good picture of what kind of guy he was. But I'm hoping to gather specific (maybe eventually even smoking-gun) statements of his in this thread, in order to get a clear picture of who knew what when as this case proceeds.

Eg- like THIS:
RH stated that he had researched car seat regulations and Cooper was in the appropriate seat for his age and weight. Nope

@human-- not sure what the NE report was about? do you have a link?

Great thread idea, PIM, esp like the striations - apparent lies; omissions; nonsense.

I can't think of anything not yet covered, but am sure there will be more lies unearthed.

ETA
Whoops.

Sorry I don't have link handy but did Det S at P/C hearing testify -
-Ross said he and his wife had a solid (happy?) marriage?
-Ross said there were no household financial problems. (wording?)

Ha Ha! The title reminds me of the movie title, "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" - which, when you think about it - Could be the title of one of these threads :) jk -

Under Nonsense - (stretches logical credibility to the snapping point)...... I would add:

*That CH was completely silent (sleeping?) in the few short minutes' drive from CFA to Treehouse.
*That after parking at work - CH was completely silent for the 30 sec. RH remained in car.
*That he did not smell anything when he left parking lot.
***That "Having a child die in a hot car" was his worst fear - so he googled it, watched a video about it TWICE, and then left his son in a hot car a few days later.

The mere fact he said he FORGOT and that Cooper was sleeping... :rolleyes:

Great additions, al66pine and JudyBolton--oh, and paperdoll! Yes, he couldn't know he was sleeping if he forgot he was even there. S-t-r-e-t-c-h...!

Thanks for these additions; for the sake of clarity (at least in my own head! ;)), I'd like to try to limit these to lies/omissions/nonsense that is relevant specifically to this particular case (testimony, etc.) though it seems apparent this sort of thing is a pattern that goes beyond the specific case concerning Cooper's death.

In other words, I think we all have a pretty good picture of what kind of guy he was. But I'm hoping to gather specific (maybe eventually even smoking-gun) statements of his in this thread, in order to get a clear picture of who knew what when as this case proceeds.

Eg- like THIS:

@human-- not sure what the NE report was about? do you have a link?

Hahaha! I'm thrilled to actually be used as a good example for a change :rolleyes:

NE = National Enquirer

I'm guessing human was pointing out RH's behavior as falling under the "nonsense" heading....???

jmo

I believe they stated at the hearing that RH was on his way to the movies and was headed in that direction when he stopped the car (but as you say, this would have made him over 30mins early when he had told his friends he would be late).

Possible lie/omission-
There has been some speculation regarding whether he was heading home, as from the location he stopped the car it looks as though he could be going to either. Or even possibly heading to another unknown address.

There seems to be no present explanation for this missing time, it seems RH has not given the full story about where he was going.

witness Artiyka Eastland:

'The police put him in the cop car and he was talking to one of the detectives and he would be very calm, but then very crazy, crying. I saw him looking back trying to work out what was going on, but he wasn't looking back in concern for his son, he was looking back to see who the police were talking to.'

http://www.capitalbay.com/news/5310...ore-his-toddler-son-died-in-the-same-way.html

That apparently Leanne did not know of Ross' plans to go the movies at 5:00 P.M. Why? The had just had phone contact at 4:04 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd