James Garner Has Passed Away

One of my favorite actors. Wonderful actor. You will be missed. RIP

RIP James Garner

01corey-haim-murphys-romance1.jpg

I'm not into romance movies but 'Murphy's Romance' was just such a lovely, lighthearted movie starring the wonderful James Garner and Sally Field.

My favorite James Garner films include "The Children's Hour" with Shirley MacLaine and Audrey Hepburn and "Move Over Darling" with Doris Day and Polly Bergen. :rose:

I liked him right from the start in Maverick - never watched Rockford Files much. Unfortunately, most younger individuals will only know him from that dreadful "sitcom" 8 Simple Rules. R.I.P. Jim

I liked him right from the start in Maverick - never watched Rockford Files much. Unfortunately, most younger individuals will only know him from that dreadful "sitcom" 8 Simple Rules. R.I.P. Jim

True but at least they picked a goodie to come in and attempt to replace the void left by John Ritter -- also a very good actor who never received the credit he deserved (mostly because they weren't aware of his theatrical and vocal performances or they weren't aware of his brilliant comedic timing)... imo

We had just finished watching back-to-back Maverick episodes, on Me TV, when I pulled up the internet and read that he had passed… such a sad passing, but he sure did leave his mark. He was my favorite Maverick, all dressed in black… such a good-looking man! Beloved is the one that got me hooked on spending Saturday nights with the Maverick brothers, but he will tell you that he is more of a Rockford Files man. Thankfully, Me TV also runs it daily, during the week, and on Sunday evenings at 6. RIP Mr. Garner… your work means your spirit will live on.

I heart James Garner. Even when he did those Kodak commercials with Mariette Hartley.

But mostly as Jim Rockford.......cutey patootie.

huge crush on James as a little girl. Huge. Rockford files.

Grew up with Maverick and loved him as Rockford.....but the Notebook wow -- that was an amazing performance. He played that from the heart.

Jim Rockford was/is the best Private Eye bar none. The Rockford Files was one of my favorite shows. :sigh:

RIP James. Sad loss for fans and the Industry.

How very sad. Such a handsome man, and seemed to be a really nice guy too. I am really sad today.

I loved the Rockford Files and Maverick. I am saddened to hear this news.RIP Mr. Garner, you will be missed.

Schedule Change for James Garner Tribute on Monday, July 28

Turner Classic Movies Pays Tribute to James Garner on Monday, July 28 with the following festival of films. This program will replace the previously scheduled movies for that day so please take note.

The new schedule for Monday, July 28 will be:
6:00 AM Toward the Unknown
8:00 AM Shoot-out at Medicine Bend
9:30 AM Grand Prix
12:30 PM Cash McCall
2:15 PM The Wheeler Dealers
4:00 PM Darby's Rangers
6:15 PM Mister Buddwing
8:00 PM The Thrill of it All
10:00 PM The Americanization of Emily
12:00 AM The Children's Hour
2:00 AM Victor/Victoria
4:30 AM Marlowe

More at link:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie...ge-for-James-Garner-Tribute-on-Monday-July-28

Funny, I just watched Victor/Victoria the other day. Loved it again. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back