Match! OK - Muskogee Co, Fem Skeletal UP11509, 25-40,denim skirt, Jan'83 - Francine Frost

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP 11509 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11509

No Image Available

Unidentified Female (Race not Indicated)

The victim was discovered on January 05, 1983, 5 miles east and 1 mile south of the town of Martin, Muskogee County, Oklahoma

Body Condition
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable Year of Death: 1970-1982​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-40 Years
Approximate Height: 54 inches (4 feet 6 inches) - This is probably a data entry error - 5 feet 4 inches erroneously entered as "54 inches", when it should have been entered as 64 inches.
Approximate Weight: Unknown.​

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: White girdle; Blue jean prairie skirt (waist size 20"); Plaid blouse​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Available and Entered
DNA: Not Available

Case History
Located by Law Enforcement​

Just based on the location and clothing - this looks like a match to me.

Francine Frost
frost_francine2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frost_francine.html

UP11509 - Clothing Description:
White girdle
Blue jean prairie skirt (waist size 20")
Plaid blouse

Francine Frost - Clothing Description:
Possibly a denim skirt
Long-sleeved plaid shirt with a Polo emblem
Brown Shoes

In addition:
* Her age (43) is slightly over the upper age limit (25-40)
* Her height (5'3") is within an inch of what I presume her "54 inches" height was intended to be (i.e., 5'4")
* Her location LKA (Tulsa OK) is about 60 miles from where the remains were found (Martin OK).
* The timeframe from Feb'81 to Jan'83 is almost two years. - Consistent with the 1970-82 estimated year of death.

20" waist? Like, circumference? That's extremely small.

But I agree, Francine sounds like a match. Poor lady.

Just based on the location and clothing - this looks like a match to me.

Francine Frost
frost_francine2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frost_francine.html

UP11509 - Clothing Description:
White girdle
Blue jean prairie skirt (waist size 20")
Plaid blouse

Francine Frost - Clothing Description:
Possibly a denim skirt
Long-sleeved plaid shirt with a Polo emblem
Brown Shoes

In addition:
* Her age (43) is slightly over the upper age limit (25-40)
* Her height (5'3") is within an inch of what I presume her "54 inches" height was intended to be (i.e., 5'4")
* Her location LKA (Tulsa OK) is about 60 miles from where the remains were found (Martin OK).
* The timeframe from Feb'81 to Jan'83 is almost two years. - Consistent with the 1970-82 estimated year of death.

I submitted this last night to Michael Nance by e-mail, and I got this reply:

Looks good. I have contacted the PD and OCME. Apparently the body is lost but there may be dentals on both sides. Let’s cross out fingers that this works. If it is an ID looks like the Tulsa PD Cold Case Unit has a homicide to work.

A 20" waist is small but looks like Francine only weighed about 115 pounds, so she had a slender build. This looks like a great match.

They may have mis-entered 20" for perhaps 28" or 29", which would be more reasonable. Much like they did with the height.

Either way, looks like a match. The discovery site is rather odd, though. I wonder if this was off the Musckogee Turnpike which is within a 1/2 mile of the description of where the UID was located.

http://goo.gl/maps/CdL2D

I suspect that the Muskogee turnpike was probably either not there in 1983, or was just a road.

I submitted this last night to Michael Nance by e-mail, and I got this reply:
Looks good. I have contacted the PD and OCME. Apparently the body is lost but there may be dentals on both sides. Let’s cross out fingers that this works. If it is an ID looks like the Tulsa PD Cold Case Unit has a homicide to work.

Keep us posted
Can't believe they lost her!

Keep us posted
Can't believe they lost her!

If I recall correctly, I read a few years ago that Oklahoma had a huge mess a few years ago with the record keeping and storage of UID skeletal remains.

It was a big scandal at the time, and the OCME has done quite a bit of work to straighten it all up now, but this case is probably one of those that didn't get resolved.

I could easily imagine Francine having a 20" waist according to her stats for my late mom was about the same size. She had a teeny tiny waist which unfortunately I did not inherit. Definitely though whoever wore a skirt that small, if the measurement is correct, had a very petite build.

I knew Francine's sister. She is a tiny woman in terms of waist size. If Francine were built like her sister, she could very easily have had a 20 inch waist. I have wondered about this ever since it happened. Sadly, this does sound like a good match.

They found where the remains were buried:

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news...cle_2ff463ee-d762-11e4-ae5f-cb47498a4ef6.html

Officials said they hope the exhumation of a body buried in Muskogee will lead to the identity of a woman found dead in 1983.

The Oklahoma Office of the Medical Examiner has reason to believe the remains belong to a person who is listed in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System...

“At the request of the medical examiner they are attempting to identify a missing person from 1981 with remains found in 1983 in Muskogee County,” Loge said. On Jan. 5, 1983, the skeletal remains of a woman were found five miles east and one mile south of Martin, based on an anonymous phone call.

Let's hope they dug up the correct body. Won't be the first time that happened.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news...cle_dd88dfcb-e0fc-5968-ba8a-9820d7aacf83.html

Two graves in Greenhill Cemetery were mistakenly exhumed Tuesday as a result of the cemetery's inaccurate records, said Muskogee County District Attorney Orvil Loge...

Loge said the work has just begun, and an investigation will be conducted to solve the mystery of where the unidentified remains are located and if they are the remains of the woman who went missing in 1981...

Loge said they believe the remains are in the correct lot in the cemetery but will not petition the court to dig in a different space until the offices have collected more information from the investigation.

Let's hope they dug up the correct body. Won't be the first time that happened.

I just hope they don't give up like the folks in Mississippi did.

They probably won't, as this is a homicide investigation. The woman in Mississippi was an accidental death, and therefore no urgency from a LE standpoint.

Wow! Another one for Carl! Thanks for all you do for those with no voice.

RIP, Francine. So happy you have your name back

Wonder why Francine was in Muskogee? That is pretty far from Tulsa.

I could easily imagine Francine having a 20" waist according to her stats for my late mom was about the same size. She had a teeny tiny waist which unfortunately I did not inherit. Definitely though whoever wore a skirt that small, if the measurement is correct, had a very petite build.

Yes, I just looked up on the size charts and, the smallest woman's size, a size 000 aka size XXXS is for a 23" waist so in today's sizes a 20" waist would be some child's size.

At any rate, RIP Francine and who is responsible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back