Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn y'all I was spot on! Thats the LISK right there case solved! At the end of the day if there's one thing I learned from this case it's.....thank God I am not from long island!

Not to mention that the dude is from...wait for it...MANORVILLE!

These two women were strangled to death, just like the GB4.
Megan Waterman's mother was notified.
There is a press conference scheduled after his arraignment. (Very unusual for a couple of 20+ year old murders of prostitutes.)

Methinks they are eying him as the (GB4) LISK. We shall see...

MOD NOTE:

Listen up! We do not do screencaps or copy & paste from social media.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with a moderator in a private message.

Damn y'all I was spot on! Thats the LISK right there case solved!
<rsbm>

It's a little premature to declare LISK solved. Regardless, an arrest in a cold case (or two) is always a reason to celebrate as far as I'm concerned.

Cops: Manorville man charged in two cold case murders
by Grant Parpan
07/22/2014 12:20 AM

A 48-year-old Manorville man was arrested Monday in connection with a pair of cold case murders from the 1990s, Suffolk County Police announced late Monday night.

John Bittrolff of Silas Carter Road, in Brookhaven Town, is accused of killing two women and dumping their bodies in wooded areas in East Patchogue and Shirley. Mr. Bittrolff, who was charged with two counts of second-degree murder, was connected to the crimes through DNA evidence, police said.

On Nov. 2, 1993, Rita Tangredi, 31, was found nude in a wooded area off of Esplanade Drive in East Patchogue. Ms. Tangredi, who was also identified as Rita Tangredi-Beinlich and whose address was unknown at the time of her death, was beaten and strangled to death, police said.

On Jan. 30, 1994, the body of Colleen McNamee, 20, who was living on Hyacinth Lane in Holbrook, was found dead in the woods near Express Drive South, near the William Floyd Parkway in Shirley. Ms. McNamee was also found nude, beaten and strangled to death, police said.

(continued at the link)

Thanks Bessie...I'm assuming they know that Rita Tangredi's daughter was "best friends" with Melissa Barthelemy?

I have a second address for John Bittrolff listed in Old Mastic - house backs directly onto the bay near Fire Island Sea Shore.

Whether related to GB4 or not, this guy seems to be the quintessential Gary Ridgeway-type of SK: slip quietly into the background and stay off the radar in order to avoid LE and keep killing. And I say this because I can't find a damn thing on him aside from his old addresses! He also appears to have a wife and 2 kids. Other than that, I got nothing!!! Anyone else find anything?

I sure hope he is responsible for gb4. It would be nice to get some answers. But my hopes are not up not yet. LE could just be calling MW mom to give a heads up that rumors will be flying and wanted her to hear from them that he isn't connected to her daughters murder.

You can check him out on Facebook under his name with some rather curious pics including a creepy one of what looks like some kind of crime scene on a dark road...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member