GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
03-abigail-hernandez-3-jpg.jpg

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co...teen/-/9857858/22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html

Conway police were searching for a 14-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities said Abigail Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennet High School on foot around 2:30 p.m.

Based on a K-9 track, police think she did arrive at her home on Village Way in North Conway, but she wasn't there by the time her mother got home.

Hernandez was described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 118 pounds, with brown hair and eyes and an olive complexion. She was last seen wearing black yoga pants and a grey sweatshirt.

Anyone with information is urged to call Conway police at 603-356-5715.
Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/co.../22365378/-/6qmpqd/-/index.html#ixzz2hK6rICQW

**UPDATE**

In cryptic appeal, officials seek public’s help in Abigail Hernandez case
Conway authorities review video

By Sarah Schweitzer and Zachary T. Sampson
Globe staff and Globe correspondent July 22, 2014

In a cryptic appeal for help from the public, investigators called for information from anyone who saw Hernandez between 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday wearing a colorful striped sweater and black leggings. They appear to be the same clothes Hernandez wore before she went missing in October, a few days before her 15th birthday, authorities said.

Jane E. Young, an associate attorney general in New Hampshire, said police are also looking for additional video of the Hernandez home and asked nearby residents who have video security systems to provide tapes to investigators.

“At the time of her disappearance, Abigail was 14 years old and had no known means to facilitate her disappearance or provide herself with shelter, meals, or other necessities over the ensuing nine months,” said a statement released by prosecutors, Conway police, and New Hampshire State Police. “Should the investigation reveal evidence that a person or persons were involved with Abigail’s disappearance and/or detainment or concealment, then the appropriate criminal charges will be brought.”

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11

Hollye's key points map: Key points
Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive

I believe the postal box was in another town, so in the midst of one's child going missing, I can see picking up the mail being a low priority. LE said the letter was unprecedented, so I can't imagine her mom actually looking for one either. The part that stuck out to me was an interview with her when asked what she thought when she saw it (as she sorted thru the mail, bills etc) was did she recognise the handwriting on the envelope. She replied it was a hard question to answer. So the interviewer said that was fine if she couldn't discuss it. But that struck me as odd....do we know for certain it was handwritten? I remember seeking that information and not finding it.....I found verification that LE believed it was from Abby. But not that it was handwritten. It was assumed....but I never saw LE stating that to be true.

What is the link to Abbie's thread in the parking lot, as mentioned at the end of the last thread? TIA.

Maybe Abigail had typed and stamped an envelope before she went, if she planned to go away. And knew or figured her mom would find it before monthly bills were due again or whatever.

What is the link to Abbie's thread in the parking lot, as mentioned at the end of the last thread? TIA.

I thought it was a question...if there was a parking lot thread, more than an acknowledgement. I do not think there is, jmo.

Timeline:

10/9/13 2:53pm: Last text sent by Abigail to same friend.
10/9/13 3:07pm: Last known contact between the cell phone and the cellular network was on West Side of Cranmore Mountain.
10/9/13 2:40pm–3:30pm: Multiple UNCONFIRMED reports of an individual matching Abigail's description walking on North-South Highway between rotary and Settler's Green entry.
11/6/13 Mom recieves letter purportedly by Abigail dated 10/23/13.
7/20/14 10:00pm-10:30pm: The police are asking that if anyone saw Abigail in the area of North South Road. Same clothes as on 10/9/13.
7/20/14 evening: Safely reunited with her family. :)

I keep getting this idea that she was involved in some type of cult.

It's bizarre to think about but for some reason I can't seem to shake it. I remember being a teen and being intrigued by the spiritual world and ouija boards and silly stuff like that, watching the movie 'The Craft" and others like it. Many teens seem to go through a phase like that.

Now with the internet there are tons of ways to meet people with similar interests.

http://libertyforcaptives.com/2012/07/14/someone-like-me-anatomy-of-a-cult-member/

Exactly. Not everyone who has a PO box goes there every day. We pick ours up 2x a month; bills are auto pay through the bank and all utility/bank statements are paperless [online] so there is no urgency. Her mom may have gone only 1x a week or every 2 weeks.

The letter wasn't revealed (to media) until early December, so, I wouldn't imagine that they lied/hid the date of receipt: There was a whole month before it was revealed. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's bizarre to think about but for some reason I can't seem to shake it. I remember being a teen and being intrigued by the spiritual world and ouija boards and silly stuff like that, watching the movie 'The Craft" and others like it. Many teens seem to go through a phase like that.

Now with the internet there are tons of ways to meet people with similar interests.

http://libertyforcaptives.com/2012/07/14/someone-like-me-anatomy-of-a-cult-member/

Bakerlady, yep, I posted about that in the last thread. There are some unconventional communities in northern new england, some of which are just hippy happy peacenik communes and some are cults. I can think of a few off the top of my head that have had fairly substantial issues with the law in the past.

I hesitate to list the groups I think might be likely, because inevitably, someone will argue they aren't cults and I worry such accusations would violate the TOS. I will say that the first group that popped into my mind does have a location 50 miles from North Conway. I'm off to read the TOS more clearly to see if I can list the groups.

I think (hope) we can say this. Google 'New Hampshire Cults' and look the links....

There are several options, all speculation, so better to just wait and see what LE releases when they are ready. Abby is a victim and a minor, Do we really need the minutiae? LE has an ongoing investigation and when they release info then there will be something to sleuth. IMHO

My Goodness!

What incredibly GREAT news that Abigail has returned home safely!

:great:

I don't know the area at all as far as lighting goes.....but if it is dark and she is walking alongside a road, I would think people's first thoughts are not "Is that Abby" but rather "Boy they are hard to see on a dark night!" Not sure how many people would be out at that hour on a Sunday too.....which might be why that time was chosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member