GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

There is no activity on the scanner thread. Has LE stopped using it or no one has time to listen? Maybe nothing worth reporting?

It's possible that she voluntarily left with CL and NL, or that she's in Texas suffering from psychogenic fugue and doesn't know who she is or how she got there, or that she's fine, secretly living with her husband, and they're all laughing at the farce, .... The question is: in what percentage of similar cases (which is tricky because this requires subjective judgment) did the person voluntarily disappear? I don't have those numbers, but I suspect the odds are extremely low. Still possible, nonzero, but very unlikely.

These sorts of judgments are important, because they guide the efforts of LE. Perhaps we shouldn't look so hard for her?

There is no activity on the scanner thread. Has LE stopped using it or no one has time to listen? Maybe nothing worth reporting?

I have been listening on and off but there really hasn't been much of anything. I believe they have stated that most of the searching would happen on the weekends so there maybe activity today on the scanner.

It's possible that she voluntarily left with CL and NL, or that she's in Texas suffering from psychogenic fugue and doesn't know who she is or how she got there, or that she's fine, secretly living with her husband, and they're all laughing at the farce, .... The question is: in what percentage of similar cases (which is tricky because this requires subjective judgment) did the person voluntarily disappear? I don't have those numbers, but I suspect the odds are extremely low. Still possible, nonzero, but very unlikely.

These sorts of judgments are important, because they guide the efforts of LE. Perhaps we shouldn't look so hard for her?

Overall, far more people disappear on purpose than are crime victims. But this case has motive, suspicious behavior, a clear suspect (no matter what LE says) and a young woman who appears unlikely to set off on her own without contacting her mother, at least. Jmo

Overall, far more people disappear on purpose than are crime victims. But this case has motive, suspicious behavior, a clear suspect (no matter what LE says) and a young woman who appears unlikely to set off on her own without contacting her mother, at least. Jmo

You say Jmo, but your "opinion" is better than that. It's supported by skepticism, evidence, and reason, so quit being so damn (is this allowed?) humble. :daisy:

When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives.

Finally, Megli insisted that Nichole Lee never said police "missed something" in the garage, but actually remarked that police had simply not searched the garage at all. Nichole Lee was thankful police skipped the garage because the couple had packed their belongings in preparation to move out of the apartment, and deputies would have torn through the packaging during the search.

There was no conversation about a clue being missed, Megli said.

"I never said that," Megli said Friday. "If I would have heard that there was 'something' in the garage, don't you think I would have called the police?"

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-corwin-isabel-megli-investigation/13202339/

So the twists and turns begin ...

Whatever the truth is, IM has very effectively torpedoed her future testimony for trial. This is the kind of thing defense attorney's love to use to create reasonable doubt for juries.

If Ozcams Razor could be applied to any case, it's this one.

Chris Lee, possibly with help from his wife or someone else (during or after). Disappeared Erin Corwin and the child she was carrying. Crime of passion, or per-meditated murder, and who is involved is what it's coming down to for me.

I hope we're not sitting here discussing red cars, potato guns, and abandoned mines a year from now.

Thinking of Susan Powell and how unlikely it is she will ever be found. Not promising for Erin, Imo. Josh Powell was no brain surgeon either. (Jmo :). )

I see the logic of this being a possibility, but personally haven't even considered it.

At what point would the pressure of LE believing Chris Lee murdered Erin, be enough that she would reappear and say "here I am, alive and well, I'm not dead".

so, witness statements were exaggerated and misconstrued so the cops could kick down doors and rifle through belongings ?

i guess in order to somehow convince a judge that your actions are necessary, you have to distort the truth a little bit.

i can't help but wonder how much of the so-called texts that were sent between erin and her friend were also twisted and manipulated for the same reason.

lovely.

nobody really sees it as a big deal..............until it happens to them.

Hey Desert Sun, if you are going to publish articles with explosive interviews, why not post audio clips of the entire interview, or more of it, so people can judge for themselves? It's pretty easy to do these days on the internet and it goes a long way to combat accusations of reporter bias. Not saying anyone is bias but WHY NOT POST MORE? Would probably take about 10 minutes.
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-corwin-isabel-megli-investigation/13202339/

It's pretty clear LE would say almost anything to the judge to let them search that ranch. It could be they exaggerated the texts as well. I wonder what the the affidavits said for those first four warrants, just a day and a half after she went missing? I do think LE is focusing on the right leads but it is a fact that search warrant affidavits frequently contain hearsay, out of context remarks, spin, and biased argument. The probable cause is always, entirely one sided. LE is aware, however, that if they make up facts and outright lie, the fruits of the search warrant could be thrown out at trial.

Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...202339/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'd love to know what "similar mysteries" Nichole is referring to. Did she follow the Samantha Koenig case, it happened in her hometown of Anchorage. The statement at a minimum shows she has an awareness of cases where a murder occurs, and no body is found.

Jmo I think L.e would have to make texts available to a judge and not simply state their interpretation of what they said, but again jmo.

When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives.

Finally, Megli insisted that Nichole Lee never said police "missed something" in the garage, but actually remarked that police had simply not searched the garage at all. Nichole Lee was thankful police skipped the garage because the couple had packed their belongings in preparation to move out of the apartment, and deputies would have torn through the packaging during the search.

There was no conversation about a clue being missed, Megli said.

"I never said that," Megli said Friday. "If I would have heard that there was 'something' in the garage, don't you think I would have called the police?"

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...tion/13202339/

:back:

I'd love to know what "similar mysteries" Nichole is referring to. Did she follow the Samantha Koenig case, it happened in her hometown of Anchorage. The statement at a minimum shows she has an awareness of cases where a murder occurs, and no body is found.

LOL look at.all the mysteries we follow.
How about Nancy grace
Forensic files
Discovery id

LOL look at.all the mysteries we follow.
How about Nancy grace
Forensic files
Discovery id

Right?! Not to mention what our internet search histories would reveal.

Thinking; if you found yourself with a body on your hands, and were in a a panicked state. What might come to mind in disposing of said body, could be something you saw in a crime show. Clean-up and destruction of evidence comes next.

LE has said Erin's phone was disabled or turned off the day she went missing. This seems to indicate an awareness on someone's part that cell phones yield valuable evidence. So with that in mind, were either of the Lee's phones turned off on June 28th or 29th?

Jmo I think L.e would have to make texts available to a judge and not simply state their interpretation of what they said, but again jmo.

Only if they believed the inclusion of the texts crucial to secure the warrant. In essence, that their absence would vitiate the claim of probable cause. A possibility which I greatly doubt.

You know she could have turned off her phone. She was having an affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member