Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilSoup

Former Member
Reaction score
This is all of the information we know of about the day care, Leanna's timeline in relation to RH's at the scene, from Stoddard at the hearing, bits and pieces put together:

Earlier in the day RH receives an email from day care.

3:15 p.m. Ross messages Leanna "What time are you picking up my little buddy?"

4:04 p.m. Ross and Leanna have a phone conversation for a little over one minute.

At 4:51 p.m. LH walked into the day care, she walked back into Cooper's classroom where she ran into Michelle who asked, "What are you doing here?". Leanna said, "I'm here to pick up Cooper". ... said, "Ross never dropped Cooper off." Leanna got really calm and said, "I don't know what to do". They walked back out into the lobby and in front of several witnesses, all of a sudden she states, "Ross must have left him in the car!" TJ [Terrell] was at the front desk and they were like, "What?" Leanna said, "there is no other explanation, Ross must have left him in the car!" They tried to console her and said, "No, there are a thousand reasons, he could have taken him to lunch or something, we don't know yet." Leanna was like, "No!". TJ said, "Have you tried calling him?" She said, "it's going straight to voice mail." Then said, "Can you come over with me to his work?"

They got in her car and drove over to the Treehouse. Once she got there LE told her what happened to CH. She showed no emotion of Cooper's death, but said, "this is my worst nightmare".

While the officers were speaking to her, she either received or made a phone call from her mom, who screamed and cried loudly and asked her why she wasn't crying. Leanna Harris' reply was, "I must be in shock."

She then asked to see her husband.

BBM.

I find that wording odd. Most people would say "Hey! How are you? We missed Cooper today. Is he sick?"

Not "What are you doing here?"

I smell collusion. Hope it's okay to voice suspicion, because that wording raises my hackles.

Bringing this over from the previous thread...

BBM
So a suspect can be placed in handcuff's, brought to a police station for questioning and as long as they don't ask if their under arrest their not in custody? I'm not sure about that. I would hope that LE would make it clear that the suspect was free to leave after being handcuff and detained in a police car.

Do we know if LE told JRH that he was not under arrest and free to leave before they questioned him? We can guess that they did but I haven't seen it stated by LE that it happened. Maybe LE didn't take any chances and read him his rights at the very beginning of his interrogation. I would like to know what really happened. JMO.

LE doesn't make it clear they are free to leave if they're not under arrest, nor do they have to. LE's goal is to get the suspect to talk..to either incriminate themselves to warrant an arrest or to tip them off about someone else involved. But the fact is, if you know your rights, you can refuse to cooperate by not talking and if they don't have enough on you to place you under arrest, you can walk out of there. If LE had enough anyway, you'd be arrested.

I don't believe LE did anything that would warrant it being addressed at the PCH.

If they had done what you're implying (illegally questioning without reading him his rights), you can bet it would've been addressed at the PCH. Much of what he said in his interview was revealed during the detective's testimony to support probable cause.

MOO

:tyou: Salem

:gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the TIMELY fresh thread !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

LE doesn't make it clear they are free to leave if they're not under arrest, nor do they have to. LE's goal is to get the suspect to talk..to either incriminate themselves to warrant an arrest or to tip them off about someone else involved. But the fact is, if you know your rights, you can refuse to cooperate by not talking and if they don't have enough on you to place you under arrest, you can walk out of there. If LE had enough anyway, you'd be arrested.

If they had done what you're implying (illegally questioning without reading him his rights), you can bet it would've been addressed at the PCH. Much of what he said in his interview was revealed during the detective's testimony to support probable cause.

MOO

Exactly! They nailed him at that hearing with his own words. He told them he had no malicious intent when he left Cooper in the car. His comment can--and will--be interpreted to mean he did intend to leave Cooper in the car. He just didn't intend for him to die. I think the car seat was intentionally placed rear-facing so that if someone noticed the baby in the office parking lot and called police, Harris would have an excuse.

JMO

MOO

If LE responded to a call involving a dead body in my car, I would expect to be answering questions. If I chose to not answer their questions, I would be under arrest immediately. Under these circumstances, one is not free to go just because they don't feel like answering questions. That was my point.

If LE responded to a call involving a dead body in my car, I would expect to be answering questions. If I chose to not answer their questions, I would be under arrest immediately. Under these circumstances, one is not free to go just because they don't feel like answering questions. That was my point.

I understand that. I was speaking in general terms.

As you said, in this specific case, if RH had refused to talk he would've been arrested anyway. But he wasn't placed under arrest until after he did talk, which is the proper time to read him his rights.

MOO
BBM
I don't believe that LE did anything illegal.

It's so heart breaking seeing little Cooper's forum dying down after the General Discussion thread was closed. :(

Hey, SALEM about the other names used for Ross...........I knew, but some posters actually thought that Roscoe was his name and Ross was a nick. Roscoe was one of his many screen names, so no one was totally off the beaten path. LOL. OK no screen names! JMO

Hey, SALEM about the other names used for Ross...........I knew, but some posters actually thought that Roscoe was his name and Ross was a nick. Roscoe was one of his many screen names, so no one was totally off the beaten path. LOL. OK no screen names! JMO

Thanks cady -- I did see that. And it is okay to point out that it was a screen name, but it is not okay to use it to refer to him on our site, kwim? Here, we call him Ross, or as I prefer, RH. Okay to say that "RH went by the name Roscoe on such and such a site". But that is the extent of the name variation.

Thanks!

Salem

Marking my spot! I will be back

Be afraid

Be very, very afraid :scared:

I think it's heart breaking people are choosing NOT TO POST.
Imo there are lots of threads that cover several important topics that
deserve discussion.

I find myself with nothing new to say. Without anything new...I'm kinda talked out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so heart breaking seeing little Cooper's forum dying down after the General Discussion thread was closed. :(

Dying down? We have tons of Cooper threads. What topic do you think we are missing due to the general thread being shut down?

I think Cooper's forum is still very active. I do think it will go through a lot of quietness/inactivity before the trial because there is nothing being released, and there aren't many people talking. Especially if the judge issues a gag order.

With the case being prepared for the GJ, we won't hear anything until that is completed imo.

I think Cooper's forum is still very active. I do think it will go through a lot of quietness/inactivity before the trial because there is nothing being released, and there aren't many people talking. Especially if the judge issues a gag order.

I don't like gag orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member