GUILTY VT - Aiden Haskins, 2, beaten to death, Shelburne, 22 July 2014

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police investigate death of Shelburne toddler
Elizabeth Murray, Free Press Staff Writer 5:57 p.m. EDT July 22, 2014

A 2-year-old boy was pronounced dead Tuesday after Shelburne police responded to a report of an unresponsive child.

Attempts were made to resuscitate the boy. He was pronounced dead early Tuesday afternoon at Fletcher Allen Health Care, Detective Cpl. Ed Fournier said.

The Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations (CUSI) is leading the investigation into the child's death. CUSI is a multi-agency task force that investigates reports of sexual assaults and serious child abuse.
cont. at the link

4307273_G.jpg

Aiden Haskins

Shelburne man charged with murdering toddler
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 1:58 AM CST Updated: Jul 25, 2014 4:54 PM CST
By Kyle Midura

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

A murder charge for a Shelburne man baby-sitting for his girlfriend's little boy. Aiden Haskins, 2, died Tuesday and police made the arrest late Thursday night. Investigators say Joshua Blow admits being the only person present and responsible for the toddler when the boy sustained an ultimately fatal head injury Tuesday. Blow called it an accident when confronted by investigators. They see it differently.

After he walked into Chittenden County Superior Court, prosecutors charged Blow, 26, of Shelburne, with second-degree murder. Prosecutors say Blow gave five differing accounts of the circumstances that fatally injured his girlfriend's toddler, Aiden Haskins, 2.

cont. at the link

4307273_G.jpg

Aiden Haskins

Shelburne man charged with murdering toddler
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 1:58 AM CST Updated: Jul 25, 2014 4:54 PM CST
By Kyle Midura

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

A murder charge for a Shelburne man baby-sitting for his girlfriend's little boy. Aiden Haskins, 2, died Tuesday and police made the arrest late Thursday night. Investigators say Joshua Blow admits being the only person present and responsible for the toddler when the boy sustained an ultimately fatal head injury Tuesday. Blow called it an accident when confronted by investigators. They see it differently.

After he walked into Chittenden County Superior Court, prosecutors charged Blow, 26, of Shelburne, with second-degree murder. Prosecutors say Blow gave five differing accounts of the circumstances that fatally injured his girlfriend's toddler, Aiden Haskins, 2.

cont. at the link

WTH, this baby's bio father defends this ? I would be ready to rip him apart

Argh! So sad reading these horrible unnecessary murders of babies and kids. Again a "boyfriend" and new at that killing a precious beautiful little boy. Fly free Aiden.

:cry: From article doctor noted swelling and bruising on little Aiden's face since Feb, when this bf started living with them. Did doctor alert authorities? This man was intent on killing this child. :mad:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...8/hearing-ends-early-dismiss-motion/18083257/

A hearing into whether to dismiss charges against a Shelburne man accused of murder in a toddler's death ended Tuesday morning after 20 minutes in court, a swift and unexpected end to the proceeding's second day. The judge will rule later on the request from lawyers for Joshua Blow.

Prosecutors had prepared two final witnesses to testify in a daylong proceeding in Vermont Superior Court as to why Blow, 27, of Shelburne should continue to face charges in the death of 2-year-old Aiden Haskins. The witnesses never testified, however, and lawyers for the prosecution and defense gave final arguments before Judge James Crucitti took the matter under consideration.

The reason for the hearing's sudden end was not immediately clear. Deputy Chittenden County State's Attorney Susan Hardin did not respond to messages requesting comment.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/.../judge-denies-blow-dismissal-motion/20594031/

A Burlington judge has ruled that the state may continue pursuing a murder case against suspect Joshua Blow, who is accused of killing 2-year-old Aiden Haskins...

Prosecutors have also renewed their effort to have Blow jailed without bail pending trial. Blow was released on bail in late September and has been living with a cousin in Burlington. A decision has yet to be made on the motion to return Blow to custody.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...rne-murder-suspect-back-behind-bars/21393273/

Shelburne murder suspect Joshua Blow is back behind bars.

Judge James Crucitti granted the motion a few days before the new year to hold Blow, 27, without bail once again. Blow is accused in the July death of 2-year-old Aiden Haskins...

In a motion to hold Blow without bail again, prosecutors said Aiden's medical documentation and the multiple stories told to police by Blow before his arrest as to how Aiden died show that the evidence of Blow's guilt is great.

I've said this before and now I'll say it again. Lions will kill the offspring of other males to ensure the next generation carries their own DNA. Domestic cats will do the same. From reading here and other places for many years, it seems human males will also murder the offspring of other men. Perhaps we should enlighten single mothers? Maybe enlightenment would help a bit to keep their children safe? Or, maybe the gov't should help single moms a bit more so they don't need to depend on strange males? Or maybe it is a biological need in this women which puts their children at risk?

I think this is a topic we need to explore more fully in order to keep the little ones safe from boyfriends, predatory males.

My opinion and thoughts only, although I do believe this with my whole heart.

I've said this before and now I'll say it again. Lions will kill the offspring of other males to ensure the next generation carries their own DNA. Domestic cats will do the same. From reading here and other places for many years, it seems human males will also murder the offspring of other men. Perhaps we should enlighten single mothers? Maybe enlightenment would help a bit to keep their children safe? Or, maybe the gov't should help single moms a bit more so they don't need to depend on strange males? Or maybe it is a biological need in this women which puts their children at risk?

I think this is a topic we need to explore more fully in order to keep the little ones safe from boyfriends, predatory males.

My opinion and thoughts only, although I do believe this with my whole heart.

Maybe some do, I know one who didn't very well. I have 2 stepchildren that I love dearly, 1 "son" that my now ex-wife had while we were still married that I'm no real relation to. I love him just as much as my own. Maybe single moms need to be a little more choosy when picking a boyfriend. All to many pick a book by its cover, instead of what's inside..

Maybe some do, I know one who didn't very well. I have 2 stepchildren that I love dearly, 1 "son" that my now ex-wife had while we were still married that I'm no real relation to. I love him just as much as my own. Maybe single moms need to be a little more choosy when picking a boyfriend. All to many pick a book by its cover, instead of what's inside..

Kudos to you pappa rob, a real man.

Obviously, not every stepfather abuses or kills his stepchildren. That is not what I'm saying. Dismantle the soap box. What I am saying is that it appears to be an inborn thing among some human males, most cats, and probably other species which I have not studied.

Agree, disagree or give a fair amount of thought to the topic from what we see here and other places. Choice of thought is up to you. There is more under heaven and earth . . .and a lot more than we can ever consider because we do not allow our minds out of the box or the patterns we have been programed into.

Of course there are good stepfathers and boy friends. My second husband was mainly very good to the children by my first husband. And yet . . .there were times. Nothing is perfect. This is just an observation I have made throughout the years and it does seem to hold true. Maybe there was something in the wicked stepmother tales and the stepfather ones also.

June 2016:

Suspect in toddler's killing takes plea deal

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2016/06/01/suspect-toddler-death-plea-deal/85255644/

Pictures of Aiden Haskins through his two years of life were played in a slideshow Wednesday in a Burlington courtroom where a man took a plea deal in the boy's killing.

Aiden's mother and father, Ashley Stewart and Noah Haskins, and his maternal grandparents sat in the front row and wept silently as each picture appeared on the screen: Aiden at an amusement park; as an infant in his mother's arms; smiling widely at the camera.

Josh Blow, 28, of Shelburne stared at the screen from the defense table in Vermont Superior Court. He appeared to cry by the end of the slideshow. Minutes earlier, Blow pleaded no contest to involuntary manslaughter in the toddler's July 2014 death.

Judge Gregory Rainville asked Blow if he wanted to address the court. "No, your honor," Blow replied.

The judge then sentenced Blow to seven to 15 years in prison, with credit for time served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back